• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys have Glock revolvers now?

Dreamer

The media is full of idiots.

"Reporters" and "journalists" are a thing of the past.

Sad, just completely sad...

They should hire me to illustrate their stories. I have Photoshop, and I'm not afraid to use it. Give me a scanner, a graphics tablet, an a few hours, and I can document ANYTHING...

Like a Glock Revolver:

Attachments

• glock_revolver.jpg
    glock_revolver.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 2,302
Last edited:

esavinon51

Wow, i can't believe that. if it was a law-biding citizen that would have drop there weapon at a public park things would have gone different. i have meet the chief years ago and i'm very disapointed ill be leaving the city mayor a message. there very strict in not wanted Law-biding Citizen having guns in parks( which it's totally legal) but here you have a "Chief" leaving his firearm for what ever reason and not notice he did not have it in his position.My self being a gun owner i always double check if my firearm is snapped correct in it's holster, let alone double check if i drop the fanny pack that's holding my weapon.I'M VERY DISAPOINTED!! people please spread this around to prove a point. that even in the law enforcement family lol. they just leave firearms in parks.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The intensely-trained uber-ninja super-man skillz seem to have not stuck to him...

Police are special. They're so much more qualified to have guns...

Regular Joes, fortunately, are not this incompetent. I'm sure glad the Law doesn't apply to the Police, or this Police Chief would be in jail on Felony charges.

If anyone says anything bad about Cops, or tries to use this as yet another example in the growing mountain of examples of how the Police are far more incompetent with their firearms than the Average Joe Gun Owner, s/he is a cop basher and must be insulted and banned from the forums.

Honestly, with all the evidence around, Gun Control Nazis should be trying to ban cops from owning guns.

Archangel

Wow, i can't believe that. if it was a law-biding citizen that would have drop there weapon at a public park things would have gone different. i have meet the chief years ago and i'm very disapointed ill be leaving the city mayor a message. there very strict in not wanted Law-biding Citizen having guns in parks( which it's totally legal) but here you have a "Chief" leaving his firearm for what ever reason and not notice he did not have it in his position.My self being a gun owner i always double check if my firearm is snapped correct in it's holster, let alone double check if i drop the fanny pack that's holding my weapon.I'M VERY DISAPOINTED!! people please spread this around to prove a point. that even in the law enforcement family lol. they just leave firearms in parks.

Dude. Not trying to start a flame war or be a spelling nazi, but if you DO follow up with a message for the chief, PLEASE use spell check and observe proper grammar and punctuation... Cause, day-um....

VFORVENDETTA

The media is full of idiots.

"Reporters" and "journalists" are a thing of the past.

Sad, just completely sad...

They should hire me to illustrate their stories. I have Photoshop, and I'm not afraid to use it. Give me a scanner, a graphics tablet, an a few hours, and I can document ANYTHING...

Like a Glock Revolver:

How about a glock revolver that shoots .410 shells?

PT111

A few comments on this story. First the writer may not know the difference between a revolver and a pistol or call all handguns revolvers. I know that growing up we used the term pistol to mean any handgun so saying that a revolver is a pistol would not be a stretch for me but never heard all handguns called revolvers. So much for that theory.

The term Service Revolver was used by some LEO to mean whatever handgun they were issued no matter what type it was. This was common during the perior right after most agencies switched over from revolvers to pistols. Now the term service pistol is the common term. This excuse would also be a strethc. So finally we have the conclusion that the writer really doesn't know what he is talking about but is trying to make is dramatic. I would not call him an idiot but he probably is ignorant and needs to do some studying.

Now to the officer involved. That was about as stupid an action and a LEO could do. I don't know what kind of punishement was given or should be but is should be severe. There was no reason for him to even take his gun off and lay it down but then to forget it is serious. It demonstrates a real lack of judgement and mentality among other things that are unmentionalbe in a public forum. :cuss:

Not only does his actions reflect poorly on LEO but on the general gun-toting public and he should be hung out to dry on this one. I have no sympathy at all for him.

esavinon51

I totally agree with you. it's a shame. i have close friends that Police officer i draw the line when folishness like this happen and he has the nerve to just say well at least no one got hurt. They should have posted something on the kids parent for the execelent job he did for turning in the hand gun. but the news won't report that.

Gunslinger

http://www.justnews.com/news/24607004/detail.html

Where can I get one?!!

All joking aside - seems the CoP had a major lapse in judgement - first for disarming in the first place and second for "losing" his weapon - mythical as it might be in this report.
"No harm done" because he was cop, a moron it's true, but a cop. If it was a civilian, their ******* SWAT would have been called out. This POS should be fired first and prosecuted second.