• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida City PD Loses New Glock Revolver...

Dreamer

Apparently, Glock has decided to branch out into the wheelgun market. According to the following news story from "WPLG Local 10" website, the Chief of Police of Florida City FL left his "40 caliber Glock Revolver" in a city park while working out.

It was later found by a 12-year-old boy who luckily did the right thing and turned it in to the Park Manager.

http://www.justnews.com/news/24607004/detail.html

I wonder if I can get one in .24/7 Magnum?

Is there ANYONE in the media who knows how to use Goggle? My cat has better research-fu than most of the dunces in the media these days....

But then again, I have PhotoShop, and I'm not afraid to use it.
Do not try this at home--I'm a trained professional... :monkey

Attachments

• glock_revolver.jpg
    glock_revolver.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 11,911
Last edited:

sultan62

I think the bigger issue is...

...the fact that the Police Chief left the gun there, didn't know it was missing, and still has a job. In addition to that is the fact that if a regular LAC were to pull out their gun and place it by the play area while they exercised they'd be slapped with a brandishing charge. If they then proceeded to leave it there, they would have been slapped with others, possibly including making a firearm available to a minor, etc.

Oh, and this
“It’s not a good thing,” said Wallace. “It’s certainly human -- more in a realm of a mistake rather than some conscious bad act.”

is a cop-out. I'd love to be proven wrong and some serious action taken, but I sincerely doubt it.

rscottie

Hmmm

The Glock Revolver? I want one! LOL.

I have seen the media reference the Glock as an "Assault Pistol" before but never a revolver.

Somebody needs to take these reporters out for a day of shooting at the range.

XD40coyote

Tupperware wheelguns? And .40 cal only? Sheesh you'd think they would make it a nice 10mm/.40 cal. Like a .357 can also shoot .38's. Is Glock making these with 10 shot cylinders or anything fun like that?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
If I had the image saved, and I'm suprised it hasn't been posted, of all the handguns and squirt guns labeled as Glocks, and everything else but an AK labeled an AK I would post it here.

Journalists are mostly reactionary bed wetting liberals, give them a break. After all they work at least 2 hours a day.

fozzy71

Perhaps it is similar to the Mateba?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver

MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg

Dreamer

The Mateba isn't mag-fed. It's a standard cylinder-type revolver. The only thing the "semiauto" slide part does is move the cylinder and **** the hammer...

However, the Dardick Autoloading Revolver WAS, in fact, a mag-fed revolver.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/10/21/versatile-gun/

The Dardick is super-rare, was made cheaply, and honestly, was a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

If the Dardick had been made using higher quality engineering and materials, it might have made a bigger splash, but it was built like a throw-away toaster, and used weird, triangular cartridges that were unique to the Dardick...

Attachments

• dardick1500.jpg
    dardick1500.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 224