Thread: Age to Carry Concealed (All States)

Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA

Age to Carry Concealed (All States)

I'm trying to put some information together about CC nation-wide, and I would like to be able to review the minimum age for obtaining a concealed carry permit in each of the 50 states (or all 48 that allow some form of CC). I have already checked several other CC sites for a complete list, and I have tried several google searches for information, but I've been unable to find what I'm looking for.

If anyone can provide a link to a site that lists the minimum age for obtaining a CC permit in each state, I would be extremely pleased. Otherwise, I suppose I will have to start checking the information on each individual state police website.

Fallon, Nevada, USA

NRS 202.3657

2. Except as otherwise provided in this section, the sheriff shall issue a permit for revolvers, one or more specific semiautomatic firearms, or for revolvers and one or more specific semiautomatic firearms, as applicable, to any person who is qualified to possess the firearm or firearms to which the application pertains under state and federal law, who submits an application in accordance with the provisions of this section and who:

(a) Is 21 years of age or older;
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Fairborn, Ohio, USA

Then you can check State-by-State. Look at the last page of each PDF.

Alabama: 18.

On edit: Individual sheriffs may choose not to issue permits younger than 21 or whatever age they set as a lower limit.
    Last edited by eye95; 08-13-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    South Carolina Code of Laws Title 23 Chapter 31 Section 215 21 y.o.

Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 941 Section 941.23, none specified, CCW not permitted