• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Age to Carry Concealed (All States)

VApatriot

I'm trying to put some information together about CC nation-wide, and I would like to be able to review the minimum age for obtaining a concealed carry permit in each of the 50 states (or all 48 that allow some form of CC). I have already checked several other CC sites for a complete list, and I have tried several google searches for information, but I've been unable to find what I'm looking for.

If anyone can provide a link to a site that lists the minimum age for obtaining a CC permit in each state, I would be extremely pleased. Otherwise, I suppose I will have to start checking the information on each individual state police website.

Thanks,
Steve

wrightme

Nevada

NRS 202.3657

2. Except as otherwise provided in this section, the sheriff shall issue a permit for revolvers, one or more specific semiautomatic firearms, or for revolvers and one or more specific semiautomatic firearms, as applicable, to any person who is qualified to possess the firearm or firearms to which the application pertains under state and federal law, who submits an application in accordance with the provisions of this section and who:

(a) Is 21 years of age or older;

eye95

http://handgunlaw.us

Then you can check State-by-State. Look at the last page of each PDF.

Alabama: 18.

On edit: Individual sheriffs may choose not to issue permits younger than 21 or whatever age they set as a lower limit.

Last edited: