• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank's doors activated by positive metal detector reading

OC4me

Good job by Fairfax telling the criminals exactly what caused them to not be able to rob the bank that day.

Next week, when they figure out a way around it, they'll be back....

WTG Fairfax.

Yep, just send in an unarmed accomplice first to hold open the door. Duh! How much did they spend on this silly system?

Last edited:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
When Bolling was a Senator, I tried to get him to work on it. He said "Oh law enforcement always uses common sense". I haven't liked the idiot since.

Over the years I have found that "Common Sense" is frequently neither Common or sensible. As to application of same by a LEO, that kind of differential enforcement would be the very definition of tyranny.

Regards

XD40sc

Great, lock the door in the face of some kid that wants to put the contents of his piggy bank in his savings account.

Perhaps they will get sued when the door locks and someone expecting it to be unlocked breaks a wrist pushing on it door, all because they have too much change in their pocket, or keys on their key ring.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
About the only thing I've seen that is more fun are the "instantaneous"-closing shutters that slam down from above - usually capturing the miscreant who was attempting to reach or jump over a counter. The ones that rise up are no fun, as all they do is throw the jerks back onto the floor.

stay safe.

NTVaf_zps317e259b.gif

HPmatt

What if my wife is a member of the 'religion of peace' and wearing her hajib wants to make a large cash deposit at my bank? Seems like that is defined by statute as a 'mask', but it conflicts with my 1A rights....

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What if my wife is a member of the 'religion of peace' and wearing her hajib wants to make a large cash deposit at my bank? Seems like that is defined by statute as a 'mask', but it conflicts with my 1A rights....

Your 1A rights are not in play, so step out of the picture.

If your wife is wearing a "hajib" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajib she has committed so many violations of the strictures of the Religion of Peace that getting into a bank will be the least of her problems. :p

Now if you meant "hijab" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab and had bothered to read your case law you would know that her 1A rights are not effected. IT is is impossible for a bank to violate your wife's 1A rights - or those of anybody else! It takes a government to violate constitutional rights.

Further, if you read your case law you will find that the wearing of a hijab is not considered the wearing a mask - although your bank may be blissfully unaware of that.

Your argument would have been better made if she were wearing a "surgical" mask either because she had a comunicable disease[SUP]1[/SUP] and did not want to infect others, or if she had a compromised immune system and wore the mask to prevent being infected[SUP]2[/SUP].

stay safe.

[SUP]1[/SUP] - folks with active airborne communicable diseases which might otherwise get them quarantined have been allowed to walk among us so long as they wear a mask.

[SUP]2[/SUP] - Think cancer or AIDS especially.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...About the only thing I've seen that is more fun are the "instantaneous"-closing shutters that slam down from above - usually capturing the miscreant who was attempting to reach or jump over a counter. The ones that rise up are no fun, as all they do is throw the jerks back onto the floor.

So what happens with all the other patrons in the area now locked up with a now very desperate bad guy?

Are you guys in VA not allowed to carry into banks?

Wow, we OC into them here, well, those that respect freedom anyway. Oddly, it is the credit unions were we run into more problems than not.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So what happens with all the other patrons in the area now locked up with a now very desperate bad guy?

Wow, we OC into them here, well, those that respect freedom anyway. Oddly, it is the credit unions were we run into more problems than not.

Well of course we can carry in banks Mac. Even the Va tuck.:uhoh:
However, banks are Private entities and can prohibit weapons if they wish.
The remedy for that is change banks.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

a) the patrons get all fiesty and start calling the now very desparate bad guy mean and hurtful names. And possibly, depending on what part of the Commonwealth you are in, they reach into their pockets/purses/backpacks and apply a healthy dose of Thumpazine if not administering heavy metal therapy.

b) we are sometimes "allowed" - and that's the operative word. As peter nap has noted, banks can post notices that law-abiding citizens obey (at least long enough to get a withdrawal slip and head for more welcoming places).

c) no wonder you have problems with credit unions - they are federal offices! They have the word "federal in their name, don't they? [/butt-tonload of snark]

stay safe.