• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman, 73, Fires Shot At Intruders

MamaLiberty

I'm glad she had the gun and wasn't afraid to fire it. HOWEVER, the situation as reported in this story indicates that she didn't have much of any idea how to actually defend herself. How did the intruders get into her home and bedroom before she was aware of them? How did they get away with her property when she was shooting a gun?

This lady, and everyone like her, needs some serious training and some lifestyle changes (locks on doors, alarms, dogs, etc.) in addition to owning a gun. The gun is only a small part of intelligent self defense.

The ideal is never to need to shoot anyone because the criminals are aware of their risk and don't want to get hurt - so they leave you alone! And this happens as more people become armed and prepared. That is the major reason for such low crime rates in places that do not prohibit self defense and the appropriate tools!