• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's in PDC is NOW OC Friendly!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
At the risk of being banned, I am going to double post this.

After contacting them through the usual channels, I waited one week, and hadn't received any contact from Cabela's. Within 24 hours of posting the encounter here, I received a call from the manager at the Cabela's in PDC. He was extremely polite and apologetic. He let me know that it is Cabela's policy to follow state law as it pertains to carry, that I can carry there, and that the two employees who approached me were incorrect.

He went on to say that there has been quite a few personnel changes at Cabela's lately because of this policy (implying they were cleaning out those who refuse to comply with the policy). As Nik stated, Cabela's is a larger organization and it will take them a little while to clean out the weeds. Now that I am aware of the policy, and the internal issues they are working to correct, I WILL CONTINUE to do business with them because they are working to correct the problems when they arise.

Lastly, they did offer me a nice discount off a new handgun, so if you all have any advice about a new carry gun, from Cabela's, PM me.

Edit: Just to clarify: Please not the OP was edited/changed by the admin at my request.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Have they changed their sign yet? When I was there last week end the sign mentioned concealed carry but nothing about open carry as authorized by state law.

littlewolf

I stopped at Cabella's last Wednesday on my way to Milw. the guy at the door who usually checks the weapons comming in was about to say somthing after he saw my XD but the mumbled out how ya doing! I had a saels guy find me a leather mag pouch,picked up some ammo and had the same guy at the door hold the stuff for me while I went to the restroom,lol. then checked out nobody said a thing about me oc'n. same went for Cudahy Pick n Save, and Farm & Fleet in Oak Creek

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I stopped at Cabella's last Wednesday on my way to Milw. the guy at the door who usually checks the weapons comming in was about to say somthing after he saw my XD but the mumbled out how ya doing! I had a saels guy find me a leather mag pouch,picked up some ammo and had the same guy at the door hold the stuff for me while I went to the restroom,lol. then checked out nobody said a thing about me oc'n. same went for Cudahy Pick n Save, and Farm & Fleet in Oak Creek

Farm & Fleet has a no firearms policy, but corporate headquarters will not admit that they do when inquired about it.

Last edited:
M

McX

over the weekend a small group of us decended on the cabelas up around Hubert's neck of the woods; it seems that the uninformed at the place had tossed Hubert out. Not a smart thing to do. Hubert had a meeting with the store manager while the rest of us wandered around the store, and shopped. Hubert got a justly due appology, and we wandered, and spent money. I was all over that place, front to back, and no one gave me the evil eye, no one avoided me, no police came. Just another law abiding citizen going about his business. The place made at least $100 on us that day. We even stood outside, in front waiting for the rest to finish shopping, again, no one ran, no one avoided us. Lesson: Don't toss out law abiding citizens when your corporate policy says otherwise, embrace law abiding citizens, because as they come their wallets come with!