Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please delete old stickies

Please delete old stickies

Really starting to become a huge annoyance.

I agree

agreed. annoying when browsing via cell phone.

Well most of em are event stickies...

When we don't have events you complain when we do you complain about the stickies promoting them...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

some of the stickies are for PAST events!!

there should not be MULTIPLE stickies for events at one venue (gander mountain)!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

could merge event stickies into one super thread,would make it easier.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    could merge event stickies into one super thread,would make it easier.
    No it wouldn't ask my brother he has to try and keep track of who will be at what event. It is bad enough having multiple forums to keep track of without having everything in one giant mess.

I will look into getting the old events removed...

As for the Gander Mountain Issue we are talking about multiple locations and multiple dates. These are separate events.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Please note my thread on stickies and how to help keep this from being a problem in the future!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...79335-Stickies
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 08-14-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Banned
    Just scroll down the page people! We fight daily for rights we shouldnt have to fight for, and you cant scroll down a page!? Arrrrgh! We are lucky enough to have OCDO, and on top of that, we have mods that are good enough to sticky our events which, as I've said before, are the lifeblood of our movement. Don't be so lazy and ungrateful.

Founder's Club Member
    No offense to the OP, but I am a little annoyed, too:

1) The thread title is completely uninformative as it appears on the thread list. Just a string of pleases. A more informative version would be something like, "Too Many Outdated Stickies." Or, "Please Delete Old Stickies".

2) The most effective way to ensure a moderator sees your request is to PM him.

Some time ago, I brought up the point that this web site was an inconvenient mess, and that MOC needed its own site, or that Mike and John needed to give a couple people at least very limited moderator status to take care of the stickies and some other crap. Mike and John refused, MOC developed its own web page, and events and other details are listed there.

2 stickies, one for events and another for FAQ's would be cool (used to have that, worked well) but it isn't needed, because MOC already corrected it. I would be happy if there was one sticky, which simply had a link to MOC's page.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

stickies are a ham fisted way to keep events at the top

but i think that if the event is important enough to enough people it will stay at the top anyway!
    as yogy said, if folks dont wanna come, theres no way to stop them!
    if events arent compelling enough to stay on top by themselves, maybe they should be canceled.
    some things should really be at the top all the time. maybe a limit of 7 important things?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    2 stickies, one for events and another for FAQ's would be cool ..........

.......I would be happy if there was one sticky, which simply had a link to MOC's page.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Banned
    Not everyone uses the MOC website.

MAKE A POLL!!! Ahhh I LOVE polls!
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 08-14-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Not everyone uses the MOC website.
    If there was a sticky with a link to the events forum/calendar, I bet more people would (have to) use the MOC website.

I dont use it very much either, which is why I would rather see the stickies over there, rather than here.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Some time ago, I brought up the point that this web site was an inconvenient mess, and that MOC needed its own site, or that Mike and John needed to give a couple people at least very limited moderator status to take care of the stickies and some other crap. Mike and John refused, MOC developed its own web page, and events and other details are listed there.

2 stickies, one for events and another for FAQ's would be cool (used to have that, worked well) but it isn't needed, because MOC already corrected it. I would be happy if there was one sticky, which simply had a link to MOC's page.
    To be perfectly honest I would be fine with that. I am sure others would get in an uproar... but really those of us that have to generate the event notices would not complain

hyp hyp hooray
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

events will be bumped to the top with new posts about people attending them, works much better, i have missed every event this summer because they were sticked, and not bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes View Post
    events will be bumped to the top with new posts about people attending them, works much better, i have missed every event this summer because they were sticked, and not bumped.
    Really? Yes they can be annoying however, I look at it as how great we have it in Michigan to have so much going on. Like Autosurgeon said imagine being in charge of maintaining the events schedule. Success can be confusing, but to say because of stickies you claimed you missed all the events this summer, let's get real please!!!

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Point, Set, Match!

Sprinklerguy takes the match! Well played Sir.

Kyle - Your frustration is understood but, please remember this site is ran by (2) people, who have to cover all the OC forums for the entire U.S. & maintain their day to day lives too! A tall order for anyone....agreed?

"Peace" be with you brother in Arms.

I beleive this to be a important topic, we need to keep it were people are aware of it and read it, moderators could you please make this a sticky please.

Sorry just had to.

I don't claim to know a thing about forums even if I have built over a dozen for others.

Here's an idea. Instead of sticky madness maybe try a create categories.

1. Open Carry events... This would have all the open carry picnics, and bass proshops style activities.

2. Open Carry in the News! This would cover all articles on open carry, pro or con.

3. OCDO News! all news or items related to this site. Maybe new things, or changes ect to the OCDO or open carry.org

remember the first page should read like a "table of contents" and not a endless list of threads.

I think you get my point, this would slim down the chaos, and allow those using a PDA style device to navigate easier. It would also eliminate the clutter of stickies. You can still do a sticky in the categories to highlight something pertinent to that subject category.

There would be no need to remove an event if you had categories set up.

All BBS/forum software includes a category setup function.

John already knows I have been involved in setting up forum sites and if he wishes I can help him or give ideas. The advice is free and may be well worth the price lol.

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    No it wouldn't ask my brother he has to try and keep track of who will be at what event. It is bad enough having multiple forums to keep track of without having everything in one giant mess.

I will look into getting the old events removed...

As for the Gander Mountain Issue we are talking about multiple locations and multiple dates. These are separate events.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 08-15-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Agreed. Sticky this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast