• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please delete old stickies

sprinklerguy28

events will be bumped to the top with new posts about people attending them, works much better, i have missed every event this summer because they were sticked, and not bumped.

Really? Yes they can be annoying however, I look at it as how great we have it in Michigan to have so much going on. Like Autosurgeon said imagine being in charge of maintaining the events schedule. Success can be confusing, but to say because of stickies you claimed you missed all the events this summer, let's get real please!!!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Point, Set, Match!

Sprinklerguy takes the match! Well played Sir.

Kyle - Your frustration is understood but, please remember this site is ran by (2) people, who have to cover all the OC forums for the entire U.S. & maintain their day to day lives too! A tall order for anyone....agreed?

"Peace" be with you brother in Arms.

Rasher

I beleive this to be a important topic, we need to keep it were people are aware of it and read it, moderators could you please make this a sticky please.

Sorry just had to.

Bailenforcer

I don't claim to know a thing about forums even if I have built over a dozen for others.

Here's an idea. Instead of sticky madness maybe try a create categories.

1. Open Carry events... This would have all the open carry picnics, and bass proshops style activities.

2. Open Carry in the News! This would cover all articles on open carry, pro or con.

3. OCDO News! all news or items related to this site. Maybe new things, or changes ect to the OCDO or open carry.org

remember the first page should read like a "table of contents" and not a endless list of threads.

I think you get my point, this would slim down the chaos, and allow those using a PDA style device to navigate easier. It would also eliminate the clutter of stickies. You can still do a sticky in the categories to highlight something pertinent to that subject category.

There would be no need to remove an event if you had categories set up.

All BBS/forum software includes a category setup function.

John already knows I have been involved in setting up forum sites and if he wishes I can help him or give ideas. The advice is free and may be well worth the price lol.

No it wouldn't ask my brother he has to try and keep track of who will be at what event. It is bad enough having multiple forums to keep track of without having everything in one giant mess.

I will look into getting the old events removed...

As for the Gander Mountain Issue we are talking about multiple locations and multiple dates. These are separate events.

Last edited:

autosurgeon

You know all I hear is waaa I have nothing better to do than complain... :lol:

We have to work within the structure the owners setup on this site. On the MOC site we set it up how we wanted it... we have stickies there too but they are organized differently.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The past events have been un-stuck. What other threads should be un-stickied?

John