• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please delete old stickies

autosurgeon

could merge event stickies into one super thread,would make it easier.

No it wouldn't ask my brother he has to try and keep track of who will be at what event. It is bad enough having multiple forums to keep track of without having everything in one giant mess.

I will look into getting the old events removed...

As for the Gander Mountain Issue we are talking about multiple locations and multiple dates. These are separate events.

stainless1911

Banned
Just scroll down the page people! We fight daily for rights we shouldnt have to fight for, and you cant scroll down a page!? Arrrrgh! We are lucky enough to have OCDO, and on top of that, we have mods that are good enough to sticky our events which, as I've said before, are the lifeblood of our movement. Don't be so lazy and ungrateful.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No offense to the OP, but I am a little annoyed, too:

1) The thread title is completely uninformative as it appears on the thread list. Just a string of pleases. A more informative version would be something like, "Too Many Outdated Stickies." Or, "Please Delete Old Stickies".

2) The most effective way to ensure a moderator sees your request is to PM him.

Michigander

Some time ago, I brought up the point that this web site was an inconvenient mess, and that MOC needed its own site, or that Mike and John needed to give a couple people at least very limited moderator status to take care of the stickies and some other crap. Mike and John refused, MOC developed its own web page, and events and other details are listed there.

2 stickies, one for events and another for FAQ's would be cool (used to have that, worked well) but it isn't needed, because MOC already corrected it. I would be happy if there was one sticky, which simply had a link to MOC's page.

1245A Defender

stickies are a ham fisted way to keep events at the top

but i think that if the event is important enough to enough people it will stay at the top anyway!
as yogy said, if folks dont wanna come, theres no way to stop them!
if events arent compelling enough to stay on top by themselves, maybe they should be canceled.
some things should really be at the top all the time. maybe a limit of 7 important things?

fozzy71

2 stickies, one for events and another for FAQ's would be cool ..........

.......I would be happy if there was one sticky, which simply had a link to MOC's page.

THIS2.png

autosurgeon

Some time ago, I brought up the point that this web site was an inconvenient mess, and that MOC needed its own site, or that Mike and John needed to give a couple people at least very limited moderator status to take care of the stickies and some other crap. Mike and John refused, MOC developed its own web page, and events and other details are listed there.

2 stickies, one for events and another for FAQ's would be cool (used to have that, worked well) but it isn't needed, because MOC already corrected it. I would be happy if there was one sticky, which simply had a link to MOC's page.

To be perfectly honest I would be fine with that. I am sure others would get in an uproar... but really those of us that have to generate the event notices would not complain:D

eastmeyers

hyp hyp hooray

kyleplusitunes

events will be bumped to the top with new posts about people attending them, works much better, i have missed every event this summer because they were sticked, and not bumped.