Thread: Take the Brady Bunch gun control poll! Hilarious!

Take the Brady Bunch gun control poll! Hilarious!

The first thing that is hilarious about this is that they're using a John Stewart skit as if it has any relationship with reality. If they can't tell that something on the Daily Show or the Colbert Report is a farce, having very little basis in fact, they need to be in a soft room wearing only a hospital gown & eating only finger food, not trying to tell other people how to live their lives.

The second majorly hilarious thing is that the results are running 89% against what their 'preferred' response would be! (I'm expecting that they want most people to answer 'no', they don't want to live in a world like that skit, but the overwhelming majority of people who answered have said 'yes'.)

Here's the starting page:
    https://www.karma411.com/Markslist/c...ampaignId=3756

And the third extremely hilarious thing is that (as of the page last being updated in late APR) they had raised all of $20.

No, I do not want to live in an America where gun owners suffer discrimination. Thanks for taking up our cause, Brady Bunch. I'd donate but, shucks, I am just too poor ATM.

So, wait - The Brady Bunch hired 411Karma for a "creative fund raising" site and this is what they got? Dang - I am in the wrong business.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Goal: $10,000

Raised so far: $20

Priceless!

Haha

LoL. Pierce, you were on the Daily show!!
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

OH NO - There was Long Gun Open Carry in the video!!

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    LoL. Pierce, you were on the Daily show!!
    Wait, this posting was about open carry of firearms, including long guns! The journalist even slung a rifle at the end of the segment.

I have adjusted my signature line accordingly.
    Last edited by Thundar; 08-15-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

long gun OC is OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Wait, this posting was about open carry of firearms, including long guns! The journalist even slung a rifle at the end of the segment.

its just something we dont talk about.
    2 A rallies, long guns are part of the dialog,
    OC rallies, not so much!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned

At OCDO there are two things that are not tolerated, open carry discrimination and long gun open carry.
    First of all, long gun open carry at OCDO is impossible. This is a website, not a physical location.

Second, threads advocating long gun carry are not allowed because they are considered off-topic and a distraction from the purpose of the site. However, now that we have the Social Lounge, you may want to start a thread there and see if it is accepted.

Long gun OC has been stated to be considered too dangerous as one of the reasons it is frowned upon.

I find it unfortunate. Long gun open carry rallies in Texas could help the handgun OC cause.

Banned
    OK, let's add some fact to this debate. Here is the exact rule:

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
    This is a sensible rule. Now that we have the Social Lounge, the owners may permit the discussion of long gun OC there. The only ways to find out are to ask or to try.

The "stories" there are hilarious, as well.

I left my own since the site actually asks you to "share your story". O.K. Done.

Can you guess which one it is?

MKEgal:

Want to know what I think will be the most hilarious thing? (sadly) The site's doantions will probably go up another $20 or so from all the anti's finding it through spying on OCDO and discovering your link.

Pretty sad when the Brady's could possibly make more by being mentioned on a pro-gun forum than if left in their own obscurity. How's that for an indication of relevance?

Banned

Molon labe, except for long gun open carry and the right to carry except properly holstered (whatever that means).

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Goal: $10,000

Raised so far: $20

Priceless!
    That $20 was probably donated by a BB staff member.

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2010/06/1...adysDonor.aspx
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    That $20 was probably donated by a BB staff member.

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2010/06/1...adysDonor.aspx
    Kinda like starting with a few bucks in the tip jar.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    First of all, long gun open carry at OCDO is impossible. This is a website, not a physical location.

Second, threads advocating long gun carry are not allowed because they are considered off-topic and a distraction from the purpose of the site. However, now that we have the Social Lounge, you may want to start a thread there and see if it is accepted.
    When I carry my M-61A1 Vulcan Gatling gun I always do it concealed...

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone View Post
    I've often wondered that.

Could you imagine a crowd of OC advocates rallying... well anywhere... in TX all with long guns in toe? Again not for the propuse of long gun carry but to point out that if we can carry long guns why not hand guns?

Code:
    If I can carry my 12 gauge, why not my .32?
    ^OC In TX? Maybe top it off with a picture of the size difference between the two rounds.... or make it something clever like 10 gauge and 10mm.....
    Yeah, wonder why it hasn't been tried... or has it

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post

MKEgal:

Want to know what I think will be the most hilarious thing? (sadly) The site's doantions will probably go up another $20 or so from all the anti's finding it through spying on OCDO and discovering your link.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dhd.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	3604

They're HIPPIES, they don't have any money!!!
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...