• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take the Brady Bunch gun control poll! Hilarious!

MKEgal

The first thing that is hilarious about this is that they're using a John Stewart skit as if it has any relationship with reality. If they can't tell that something on the Daily Show or the Colbert Report is a farce, having very little basis in fact, they need to be in a soft room wearing only a hospital gown & eating only finger food, not trying to tell other people how to live their lives.

The second majorly hilarious thing is that the results are running 89% against what their 'preferred' response would be! (I'm expecting that they want most people to answer 'no', they don't want to live in a world like that skit, but the overwhelming majority of people who answered have said 'yes'.)

Here's the starting page:
https://www.karma411.com/Markslist/campaign/display/profile.do?campaignId=3756

And the third extremely hilarious thing is that (as of the page last being updated in late APR) they had raised all of $20.

Jack House

No, I do not want to live in an America where gun owners suffer discrimination. Thanks for taking up our cause, Brady Bunch. I'd donate but, shucks, I am just too poor ATM. :lol:

Thundar

OH NO - There was Long Gun Open Carry in the video!!

LoL. Pierce, you were on the Daily show!!

Wait, this posting was about open carry of firearms, including long guns! The journalist even slung a rifle at the end of the segment.

I have adjusted my signature line accordingly.

Last edited:

eye95

Wait, this posting was about open carry of firearms, including long guns! The journalist even slung a rifle at the end of the segment.

At OCDO there are two things that are not tolerated, open carry discrimination and long gun open carry.

First of all, long gun open carry at OCDO is impossible. This is a website, not a physical location.

Second, threads advocating long gun carry are not allowed because they are considered off-topic and a distraction from the purpose of the site. However, now that we have the Social Lounge, you may want to start a thread there and see if it is accepted.

Jack House

Long gun OC has been stated to be considered too dangerous as one of the reasons it is frowned upon.

I find it unfortunate. Long gun open carry rallies in Texas could help the handgun OC cause.

eye95

OK, let's add some fact to this debate. Here is the exact rule:

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

This is a sensible rule. Now that we have the Social Lounge, the owners may permit the discussion of long gun OC there. The only ways to find out are to ask or to try.

Superlite27

The "stories" there are hilarious, as well.

I left my own since the site actually asks you to "share your story". O.K. Done.

Can you guess which one it is?

MKEgal:

Want to know what I think will be the most hilarious thing? (sadly) The site's doantions will probably go up another $20 or so from all the anti's finding it through spying on OCDO and discovering your link.

Pretty sad when the Brady's could possibly make more by being mentioned on a pro-gun forum than if left in their own obscurity. How's that for an indication of relevance?

kwikrnu

Banned

Molon labe, except for long gun open carry and the right to carry except properly holstered (whatever that means).

Gunslinger

First of all, long gun open carry at OCDO is impossible. This is a website, not a physical location.

Second, threads advocating long gun carry are not allowed because they are considered off-topic and a distraction from the purpose of the site. However, now that we have the Social Lounge, you may want to start a thread there and see if it is accepted.
When I carry my M-61A1 Vulcan Gatling gun I always do it concealed...

Jack House

I've often wondered that.

Could you imagine a crowd of OC advocates rallying... well anywhere... in TX all with long guns in toe? Again not for the propuse of long gun carry but to point out that if we can carry long guns why not hand guns?

Code:
If I can carry my 12 gauge, why not my .32?
^OC In TX? Maybe top it off with a picture of the size difference between the two rounds.... or make it something clever like 10 gauge and 10mm.....
Yeah, wonder why it hasn't been tried... or has it:question: