Thread: Nice day today.

Campaign Veteran

Nice day today.

It was a nice day of open carry today. Albertson's at 120th and Washington, Wally World and Lowe's at 136th and I-25 for a few things and a very, very good conversation with my 18YO Son today about open carry. He is very well versed in firearms as I taught him at an early age about safety and he shoots with me almost everytime I go out.

Today he brought up wanting to carry something when he goes camping....and mentioned the 21YO requirement for the permit to conceal, so I used it as a great opportunity to talk to him about open carry.

We talked at length about some basics of the law, where you can and can't carry, how I would be more than happy to gift him one of my handguns after we go through some additional work together.
    I started talking about the CRS stuff on Mitchie and a few other things including OCDO and a couple of other sites.
    He wants all the links to get started reading some stuff.

It was a damn good day today.
    Oh.....no one said anything at any of the establishments that I went into today either.

Quote Originally Posted by luv_jeeps View Post
    It was a nice day of open carry today. Albertson's at 120th and Washington, Wally World and Lowe's at 136th and I-25 for a few things and a very, very good conversation with my 18YO Son today about open carry. He is very well versed in firearms as I taught him at an early age about safety and he shoots with me almost everytime I go out.

Today he brought up wanting to carry something when he goes camping....and mentioned the 21YO requirement for the permit to conceal, so I used it as a great opportunity to talk to him about open carry.

We talked at length about some basics of the law, where you can and can't carry, how I would be more than happy to gift him one of my handguns after we go through some additional work together.
    I started talking about the CRS stuff on Mitchie and a few other things including OCDO and a couple of other sites.
    He wants all the links to get started reading some stuff.

It was a damn good day today.
    Oh.....no one said anything at any of the establishments that I went into today either.
    That's awesome! I'm not old enough to have a teenage child to talk to about OC, but I support that 3000%!

Awesome!! Only 10 years and 8 days and I will be in the same position.