Thread: Stickies

Stickies

I know that some of you have expressed the concern that we have too many stickies here in the MI subforum.

Please NOTE I have gone through all of them and other than the usual ones that have OC info, or are about experiences. The rest are events.

Now the real issue is that the OP of the stickied threads needs to PM John Pierce when your event is over and let him know your thread can be un-stickied.

John has much to do and is glad to take care of these things BUT we have to help him by letting him know not only to sticky events but when they can be unstickied!

Today I requested that all events that have been completed be unstickied and gave him a list.

For the future OP's please police your stickies!!

Thank You!
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 08-14-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Thumbs up

PM'd John!

This should be stickied!
    Last edited by FatboyCykes; 08-14-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FatboyCykes View Post

This should be stickied!
    Hahahaha really.

Im glad that we have so many stickies. Especially events. Its not that hard to scroll down the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Its not that hard to scroll down the screen.
    This coming from the guy that could not stop complaining about the ads? Which by the way pay for the sites existence.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    What ads?

What ads?

So you feel that this site is great? You feel John and Mike are great? But you don't feel they need to be paid? Because by saying what ads you imply that you downloaded software specifically to NOT have to deal with the ads on THIS GREAT site.

eastmyers, whynthehell is there an ad right in your post?
    Just my .02cents, but I really dont want to see the ads within the posts. Grrrr. Top of page, Ill tolerate, I understand the revenue thing. Not in the posts. I want to be able to concentrate sometimes, and really study out what someone says, or cites, and NOT be distracted by some blinking flashing ad thing that I cant afford to begin with. If I needed or wanted one, and had the money for one I'd already have one.
    Cool, but back OT. Um, yeah, the ads within the comments have got to go, thats so not cool
    Ok, Im going to have to download an ad blocker. Im not going to put up with ads in the posts themselves, if that doesnt work, then Im gone.
    Oh, no don't go...
    I understand the need for ads, and I'm cool with that, but if I need a holster, class, or whatever, I can go look for one. I don't need to see an ad for that. What I really don't want is to see something flashing and blinking out of the corner of my eye while Im trying to for instance, sort out some law in a post.
    If you want to view the entire context, you can click on your name in the quote I believe, so is that enough? Or do I have to go through the other threads where you talk about them too?
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    If you haven't got anything better to do, go right ahead.

Banned
    I don't have a problem with them making money, I don't like commercials, especially within the posts.

I diddn't need a commercial to convince me to buy the gun on my side, or the holster that it's in, the computer I'm on, the food I eat, or the clothes I wear, but somehow, things still get done.

the problem with stickies is there are so many of them, I scroll past them without looking at them because they take up so much space, I have no problem scrolling past them, but I'm not going to view any of them because they seem less important.

but I also like cruising through trailer parks with my stereo pounding

Banned
    I understand. But stickies are stickies because they are more important.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 08-15-2010 at 12:29 AM.