• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stickies

autosurgeon

I know that some of you have expressed the concern that we have too many stickies here in the MI subforum.

Please NOTE I have gone through all of them and other than the usual ones that have OC info, or are about experiences. The rest are events.

Now the real issue is that the OP of the stickied threads needs to PM John Pierce when your event is over and let him know your thread can be un-stickied.

John has much to do and is glad to take care of these things BUT we have to help him by letting him know not only to sticky events but when they can be unstickied!

Today I requested that all events that have been completed be unstickied and gave him a list.

For the future OP's please police your stickies!!

Thank You!

Last edited:

eastmeyers

What ads?

:confused:
:question:

So you feel that this site is great? You feel John and Mike are great? But you don't feel they need to be paid? Because by saying what ads you imply that you downloaded software specifically to NOT have to deal with the ads on THIS GREAT site.

eastmyers, whynthehell is there an ad right in your post?

Just my .02cents, but I really dont want to see the ads within the posts. Grrrr. Top of page, Ill tolerate, I understand the revenue thing. Not in the posts. I want to be able to concentrate sometimes, and really study out what someone says, or cites, and NOT be distracted by some blinking flashing ad thing that I cant afford to begin with. If I needed or wanted one, and had the money for one I'd already have one.

Cool, but back OT. Um, yeah, the ads within the comments have got to go, thats so not cool:cuss:

Ok, Im going to have to download an ad blocker. Im not going to put up with ads in the posts themselves, if that doesnt work, then Im gone.
Oh, no don't go...
I understand the need for ads, and I'm cool with that, but if I need a holster, class, or whatever, I can go look for one. I don't need to see an ad for that. What I really don't want is to see something flashing and blinking out of the corner of my eye while Im trying to for instance, sort out some law in a post.

If you want to view the entire context, you can click on your name in the quote I believe, so is that enough? Or do I have to go through the other threads where you talk about them too?

stainless1911

Banned
I don't have a problem with them making money, I don't like commercials, especially within the posts.

I diddn't need a commercial to convince me to buy the gun on my side, or the holster that it's in, the computer I'm on, the food I eat, or the clothes I wear, but somehow, things still get done.

kyleplusitunes

the problem with stickies is there are so many of them, I scroll past them without looking at them because they take up so much space, I have no problem scrolling past them, but I'm not going to view any of them because they seem less important.

but I also like cruising through trailer parks with my stereo pounding