• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Confederate

Hey estrogen, in case you haven't figured it out yet, there are at least 4 of us now in this very thread that have ignored you. feel free to stop posting replies because we honestly couldn't care less what you have to say and even if we did we are not able to see anything you are saying.

sraacke

If you call yourself a "Confederate" you are saying that you are a supporter of a system of government based on racial superiority of white people over black people. People who say they support the Confederacy, fly the Confederate flag, talk about the "war of Northern aggression" etc should not PRETEND to be shocked that they are viewed as supporters of racism..you can not distance one from the other, people who support Nazi's are seen in the same way and with good reason as this is another system of government based on racial superiority.
I don't assume that "Confederate" equals racist supporter of southern Civil War ideals. There are different definitions of Confederate.
Noun
1.A member of a confederacy; an ally.
2.One who assists in a plot; an accomplice.

adj.
1.United in a confederacy; allied.

tr. & intr.v., -at·ed, -at·ing, -ates. (-ə-rāt')
To form into or become part of a confederacy.

I would argue that we are all confederates in the Open Carry movement.
In that spirit I appeal to everyone here to step back, take a deep breath and count to ten.
OK. Look, we all come from different backgrounds and we all have different views. We are here to discuss OC and unite, to be confederates, in a common cause. We may not all agree but we don't have to bicker endlessly. Remember that often the typed word, such as we use on these forums, does not relay the subtle nuances and emotions the person typing may have in mind when trying to convey the message. So how you take something may not necessarily be how the person who posted intended you to take it. Be patient and give your fellow forum member the benefit of the doubt when possible. As the renowned scholar and civic leader Rodney King said to a nation in the mist of upheavel, "Can't we all just get along?". Wise words.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't assume that "Confederate" equals racist supporter of southern Civil War ideals. There are different definitions of Confederate.
Noun

adj.

In that spirit I appeal to everyone here to step back, take a deep breath and count to ten.
OK. Look, we all come from different backgrounds and we all have different views. We are here to discuss OC and unite, to be confederates, in a common cause. We may not all agree but we don't have to bicker endlessly. Remember that often the typed word, such as we use on these forums, does not relay the subtle nuances and emotions the person typing may have in mind when trying to convey the message. So how you take something may not necessarily be how the person who posted intended you to take it. Be patient and give your fellow forum member the benefit of the doubt when possible. As the renowned scholar and civic leader Rodney King said to a nation in the mist of upheavel, "Can't we all just get along?". Wise words.

Well said.
icon14.png

estcrh

Hey estrogen, in case you haven't figured it out yet, there are at least 4 of us now in this very thread that have ignored you. feel free to stop posting replies because we honestly couldn't care less what you have to say and even if we did we are not able to see anything you are saying.

I could care less if you read what I write so why are you still trying to communicate with me? You and your cronies do not control this forum so get used to it.

KRM59

Noun

adj.

nicely put

estcrh

Noun

adj.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then its a duck...same with anything else...you know the confererate in La. confererate has nothing to do with the brotherhood of open carry advocates...and anyone that suggests that they have the "right" look so as not to get harassed is ignoring the bigger picture....you should not have to 'look" a certain way as long as you are following the laws regulating the carrying of a hand gun in public. If your interested in brotherhood then if anyone gets harassed while open carrying in a legal manner no matter how they look you should feel as if you were the one being harassed and be just as angry as if it was you.

estcrh

QUOTE REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Not an actual quote by LA Confederate

Now I get it! Thanks!

Last edited:

LA Confederate

QUOTE REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Not an actual quote by LA Confederate

I want to make it abundantly clear. The quoted text was never posted by me on this forum or any other.

Last edited:

sraacke

This is a bald faced lie and a complete fabrication.
If you didn't write it then I want to know who did. I find it hilarious. The humor is so bizarre and absurd. I especially like -

"The Battle of the Bulge was a part of the WoNA. This battle was a stalemate because Germany kept using rocket planes and nuclear powered robots to interfere in the battle."

Seriously, this thread has derailed so badly I figure at this point we shouldn't even try to save it. Revised history with robots at the Battle of the Bulge was what this thread was missing. I had a good laugh and wonder what will be posted next.
I think this thread needs some geeking up. Maybe some gay geeking up. So I'll post a couple of shots from some Star Trek fan series which I like.
First up, Star Trek Hidden Frontier. J.T. Tepnapa as Chief Engineer Corey Aster and his partner Adam Browne who played Tactical Officer Jorian Zen. Partners in real life, they played lovers in the series for almost 5 years before the plot changed and JT's character Cory Aster fell in love with Ro Nevin played by actor Bobby Rice. Aster and Ro married in the Season 7/series finalie but Jorian is still a close friend. By the way, both JT and Bobby have joined the cast of another series, Star Trek Phase 2.
AsterZen1_2_.jpg

Next, Star Trek Phase 2. This a publicity shot from the Star Trek Phase 2 two part episode Blood And Fire showing Evan Fowler and Bobby Rice as Ensigns Alex Freeman and Petter Kirk. Alex and Peter are engaged to marry but Alex is killed on an away mission aboard a ship infested with Blood Worms in this episode.

BAF_003a.jpg

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
We have a new forum rule!

(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

sraacke

Last edited:

NRAMARINE

Obviously some people don't own a dictionary. Conduct and poise has nothing to do with appearance or grooming. Conduct is behavior. Poise is simply how you carry yourself. If you act nervous or seem like you are expecting trouble people react to that. In short, act like a responsible adult, be aware but mind your own business.

wrightme

So everyone who has a problem with law enforcement agencies while open carrying in a legal manner is just doing it WRONG, they are not conducting themselves in the proper manner and need lessons in "POISE?" Who would have guessed...its their fault and not the fault of the police who do not know or care about the law. Well no need to send a letter to law enforcement agencies just go to charm school and get some lessons in "POISE".
His statement was clear. Your interpretation of it is false.

estcrh

Obviously some people don't own a dictionary. Conduct and poise has nothing to do with appearance or grooming. Conduct is behavior. Poise is simply how you carry yourself. If you act nervous or seem like you are expecting trouble people react to that. In short, act like a responsible adult, be aware but mind your own business.

That IGNORE button not working?

So now a law enforcement officer can stop and harass a law abiding open carry advocate and say in court..your honor, I came upon a man carrying a gun out in the open..he appeared to be "nervous" and it "looked" like he was expecting trouble so I pointed my firearm at him and disarmed this potentially dangerous person and ran his ID..I found nothing wrong and gave him a lecture on getting a concealed carry permit and released him.

You have got to be kidding..right? Are you writing an EXCUSE manual for police to use in order to HARASS anyone they decide to whenever they want without taking into account the existing rules and regulations already in place.

So now we have this vague "conduct" excuse for harassment and lack of "poise" add to that "nervous" and "looking like you are expecting trouble" so much for the "Constitution".

Thanks NRA..Now I know that I should bring a "family" with me, be "poised" act "normal" wipe off any sweat which could make me look "nervous" and smile a lot so an officer does not think I am looking for trouble! It sounds like a lot of work..I think I will just stay home. Why cant I just me myself, follow the laws regulating the carrying of a gun in public and go about my business without being harassed, it that to much to ask for?

POISE

Main Entry: 1poise
Pronunciation: \ˈpȯiz\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): poised; pois·ing
Etymology: Middle English, to weigh, ponder, from Anglo-French peiser, poiser, from Latin pensare — more at pensive
Date: 1598
transitive verb
1 a : balance; especially : to hold or carry in equilibrium <carried a water jar poised on her head> b : to hold supported or suspended without motion in a steady position <poised her fork and gave her guest a knowing look — Louis Bromfield>
2 : to hold or carry (the head) in a particular way
3 : to put into readiness : brace
intransitive verb
1 : to become drawn up into readiness
2 : hover

POISE
oise1
n
1. composure or dignity of manner
2. physical balance or assurance in movement or bearing
3. the state of being balanced or stable; equilibrium; stability
4. the position of hovering