• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRAMARINE

Went to the Tanger where you know who got arrested. ( Wife hunting perfume) Walked around awhile with no comments or problems. Headed across the street to Cabela's and noticed there is now a large sign in front of Cabela's and on the doors that states..... ALL FIREARMS AND BOWS BROUGHT IN FOR SERVICE OR REPAIR MUST BE OPENED AND INSPECTED BY THE FIREARMS INSPECTOR UPON ENTRY. (in much smaller print at the bottom) THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE WITH CONCEALED/ CARRY PERMIT. Yes the CONCEALED/ CARRY is written just like that...strange. I dropped the wife and kid at the front door and parked the truck...walked in and my daughter yelled DADDY!!! The inspectors looked right at me and said nothing. Waited outside the bathroom for them later, spoke to a few employees, spoke to a few people at the gun counter.....no comments. Guess they got the memo that Art. 1 Sec 11 is the permit to oc.

Bass Pro shop, walked right in, looked around and asked an employee by the safes about an item. Bought fudge and amg pouches, no comments.

Then back in Hammond the wife INSISTED we stop at wally world because Tanger didn't have what she wanted. Again, went about our normal business, one woman stopped me to ask about my HELL HAS FROZEN OVER FEBUARY 7. 2010 Saints shirt. All in all a good day.

Thought I'd share. For those who are apprehensive about oc, it has a lot to do with poise and conduct. Also had brunch at IHOP first and had the lady in the next booth do a double take and kinda stared, but after a few minutes of listening to me talk to my daughter about her crayons and pancakes I guess she shrugged it off. Got pretty good service too.

estcrh

Thought I'd share. For those who are apprehensive about oc, it has a lot to do with poise and conduct

So everyone who has a problem with law enforcement agencies while open carrying in a legal manner is just doing it WRONG, they are not conducting themselves in the proper manner and need lessons in "POISE?" Who would have guessed...its their fault and not the fault of the police who do not know or care about the law. Well no need to send a letter to law enforcement agencies just go to charm school and get some lessons in "POISE".

I OC nothingwronghere

ESTCRH, Man why are you jumping down his throat he was just stating that OC'ing is easier and it helps to carry yourself with some kind of poise not that all that get harassed need to attend school to learn it

estcrh

ESTCRH, Man why are you jumping down his throat he was just stating that OC'ing is easier and it helps to carry yourself with some kind of poise not that all that get harassed need to attend school to learn it

What he is saying is that a law enforcement officer has the RIGHT to decide how to treat someone who is open carrying based on the officers own personal profile of how one should look and behave in the view of the officer, this is clearly WRONG, as long as the person is carrying a gun in a manner that is legal according to the law then that is all that should be looked at.

Letting an officers own personal view of what the proper conduct is and if someone has the right amount of "POISE?" whatever that means, is a recipe for harassment at the discretion of whatever officer you happen to run into. There are rules which state the proper conduct for open carrying and I have never seen any were that 'POISE?" is mentioned. I OC nothingwronghere, do you have a lack of poise and were you conducting yourself in an improper manner?

I OC nothingwronghere

No ESTCRH, I wasn't carrying myself any kind of wrong fashion. But, you have those Officers that just want to be the proverbial Donkey and mess you with just because they have a badge. But NRA was just trying to say that carrying yourself in a neat and calm manner will help you not get harassed. And until somebody sue's the state or every single Chief of police trains their officers on the laws were going to have to deal with some extent of harassment.

NRAMARINE

What I am saying is exactly what I posted. However since attacks and beligerance is all you understand allow me to be blunt. If you act like an ass you will be treated like one. If you go looking for trouble you WILL FIND IT. LEO's are human like everyone else, subject to the same faults as us all. Should they know the law? Absolutely. Do they have the right to harass people who are behaving in a legal manner and exercising their rights? Absolutely not. However if you are not presenting yourself as a mature and responsible individual, don't expect to be treated as one.

Did I say anything about anyone else doing anything wrong? No you are once again projecting your own crap onto others. My statement was directed to those who are apprehensive about oc. If you don't act nervous or are throwing the fact that you are oc'ing in people's face most people tend to accept it at face value that you know what you're doing and behaving like a normal person. I have found that when I have my family with me I get a lot less looks or the ones I do get are more pleasant. People tend to see a family man, not just a MWAG.

Can you simply not stand it that someone has something semi positive to post? Do you somehow crave conflict or need others to fail to justify your own anger and resentment towards everyone? You talk alot of smack about your multiple residences in other states in one breath, then whine and act like you are trapped in one of the most crime ridden cesspools in this state. I don't buy it. You are either after attention,or are simply a troll. Whatever your real motivation, you clearly have no understanding of the purpose of this forum, nor do you share the goals of those who do. I for one will no longer engage any more of your childish rants. Don't waste any more of our time. We are simply not interested.

Last edited:

NRAMARINE

I guess I should apologize for reporting a successful day of oc'ing. I spent the day living my life and going places where people have had some problems, and related my experiences. Guess I should have dragged my family down to the 9th ward for no good reason to make some people happy. Maybe my choice to live my life responsibly and not swim in a cesspool just isn't good enough for some people. Oh well. Or maybe it's just plain 'ol fashion typical new orleans crap mentality. Either way, they can keep it. We all make our own beds, as it were.

estcrh

What I am saying is exactly what I posted. However since attacks and beligerance is all you understand allow me to be blunt. If you act like an ass you will be treated like one. If you go looking for trouble you WILL FIND IT. LEO's are human like everyone else, subject to the same faults as us all. Should they know the law? Absolutely. Do they have the right to harass people who are behaving in a legal manner and exercising their rights? Absolutely not. However if you are not presenting yourself as a mature and responsible individual, don't expect to be treated as one.

Did I say anything about anyone else doing anything wrong? No you are once again projecting your own crap onto others. My statement was directed to those who are apprehensive about oc. If you don't act nervous or are throwing the fact that you are oc'ing in people's face most people tend to accept it at face value that you know what you're doing and behaving like a normal person. I have found that when I have my family with me I get a lot less looks or the ones I do get are more pleasant. People tend to see a family man, not just a MWAG.

Can you simply not stand it that someone has something semi positive to post? Do you somehow crave conflict or need others to fail to justify your own anger and resentment towards everyone? You talk alot of smack about your multiple residences in other states in one breath, then whine and act like you are trapped in one of the most crime ridden cesspools in this state. I don't buy it. You are either after attention,or are simply a troll. Whatever your real motivation, you clearly have no understanding of the purpose of this forum, nor do you share the goals of those who do. I for one will no longer engage any more of your childish rants. Don't waste any more of our time. We are simply not interested.

You keep talking about how New Orleans is such a crime ridden cess pool and all the GOOD people here should just magically transport themselves some were safe were they can open carry their guns to Chuck E Cheese and Toys R Us and act like they are accomplishing something.

New Orleans is not the only city in the U.S with a horrible crime problem and people in REAL cities have as much right to live a crime free life as small backwoods hick towns.

You and your cronies do not own this forum and its not your private playground to vent your views of the world while at the same time you attempt to keep any other views off of the forum.

The attempt to keep people from carrying guns be it open or concealed is just an inconvenience to you, your life is not in danger.. people in REAL cities have to PROTECT themselves, its not a little game they play with private security at your local store.

estcrh

No ESTCRH, I wasn't carrying myself any kind of wrong fashion. But, you have those Officers that just want to be the proverbial Donkey and mess you with just because they have a badge. But NRA was just trying to say that carrying yourself in a neat and calm manner will help you not get harassed. And until somebody sue's the state or every single Chief of police trains their officers on the laws were going to have to deal with some extent of harassment.

You were conducting yourself in a neat and calm manner ( if I have read your post correctly) and that did not keep you from being harassed...his point was obvious..since on his little daily jaunt around his quaint little village were life is great and they have no crime problem at all.... he has not up to this point been harassed, so therefore he must be doing something right that other people are not doing..but Nikki Black was harassed and according to him he was just minding his own business also, so its not about cowering down and praying that this time I hope do not attract the attention of a law enforcement official..and if I do hopefully he will see that I am of the right race and age and have a nice little family with me and decide that I am not a threat and a good guy. At least thats not how I would go about things..but hey...everyone handles things differently

NRAMARINE

So I guess New orleans is the only real city. Baton rouge, gonzales, Denham and Hammond don't count. Oh that's right, they are all on the north shore populated primarily by conservative upstanding people. Your intentions are clear, you wish only to divide. I'm so sorry that progress is being made and people are becoming more accepting of oc and our rights are being respected. You have multiple residences don't you? If your life is in danger do something about it. I've had my problems with uninformed LEO's and dealt with it.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attacks

Last edited:

LA Confederate

You keep talking about how New Orleans is such a crime ridden cess pool and all the GOOD people here should just magically transport themselves some were safe were they can open carry their guns to Chuck E Cheese and Toys R Us and act like they are accomplishing something.

New Orleans is not the only city in the U.S with a horrible crime problem and people in REAL cities have as much right to live a crime free life as small backwoods hick towns.

You and your cronies do not own this forum and its not your private playground to vent your views of the world while at the same time you attempt to keep any other views off of the forum.

The attempt to keep people from carrying guns be it open or concealed is just an inconvenience to you, your life is not in danger.. people in REAL cities have to PROTECT themselves, its not a little game they play with private security at your local store.

I've gotta wonder if you were the crotch stain that had the poster that said "F*** Middle America." Here's the photo for those that are unfamiliar: http://zombietime.com/sf_rally_november_3_2004/143-4328_IMG.JPG

I'm guessing that you are that guy or at least sympathize with his viewpoint based on your continual rants against those us us in the backwoods hick towns. I'll bet even money that the overwhelming majority of people on this site are the very ones you deride so easily. But then again, your kind always talk a bunch of crap behind a keyboard.

KRM59

Can't we keep things in the right perspective

People Please,
i am not from LA, but i read a lot of the threads all over. I thank the OP for his post, i enjoyed hearing about his day. but do we have to act this way with each other ? name calling, and threats? I am not taking side because i do not know any of you, just seem we should be trying to learn from each other not fight each other. we all have plenty of that from the antis.

estcrh

Um exactly where did you learn that lesson from? I haven't seen anything in this forum that indicates what you refer to.
Structure and government of the Confederate States of America

Its constitution was based to a certain extent on both the Articles of Confederation and on the United States Constitution, but it reflected a stronger philosophy of states' rights, and also contained explicit protection of the institution of slavery. It differed from the US Constitution in that the federal government was prohibited from issuing protective tariffs or funding internal improvements, but was mandated to protect the institution of slavery in the territories.

If you call yourself a "Confederate" you are saying that you are a supporter of a system of government based on racial superiority of white people over black people. People who say they support the Confederacy, fly the Confederate flag, talk about the "war of Northern aggression" etc should not PRETEND to be shocked that they are viewed as supporters of racism..you can not distance one from the other, people who support Nazi's are seen in the same way and with good reason as this is another system of government based on racial superiority.

NRAMARINE

For those who actually read the original post and not just trying to project their own delusions on others............. The point of my post was this. Progress is being made as far as a portion of the public's acceptance and education regarding oc. Small steps, but in the right direction. If we present ourselves as normal people, who some of us are blessed enough to have families we love and love us, we make progress to the general public accepting us as such. That is my personal goal, to simply be treated as everyone else as I exercise my rights. Not act like nut jobs who need to be locked up somewhere. Will there be problems? Yes. Is the fight over? Not by a long shot. However IMHO, if you present yourself as civilized by and large most people at worst will simply walk away. However if you constantly harass people instead of simply going about your business they will respond in kind. It is for our children we fight to protect our rights, to pass them along as they were passed to us. We must lead by example. Those who seek only to grandstand and rage against our values are no friend to our cause. They are simply liars, and cowards, who lack the courage of their words.

Last edited:

estcrh

For those who actually read the original post and not just trying to project their own delusions on others............. The point of my post was this. Progress is being made as far as a portion of the public's acceptance and education regarding oc. Small steps, but in the right direction. If we present ourselves as normal people, who some of us are blessed enough to have families we love and love us, we make progress to the general public accepting us as such. That is my personal goal, to simply be treated as everyone else as I exercise my rights. Not act like nut jobs who need to be locked up somewhere. Will there be problems? Yes. Is the fight over? Not by a long shot. However IMHO, if you present yourself as civilized by and large most people at worst will simply walk away. However if you constantly harass people instead of simply going about your business they will respond in kind. It is for our children we fight to protect our rights, to pass them along as they were passed to us. We must lead by example. Those who seek only to grandstand and rage against our values are no friend to our cause. They are simply liars, and cowards, who lack the courage of their words.
]

As far as I can tell exactly NONE of the people who have posted here recently that were unlawfully detained, harassed etc while open carrying were doing anything other then minding their own business and yet they were subjected to an individual officers interpretation of the law.

No amount of personal hygiene, grooming, cowering, showing that your just a good ole boy or family man will stop this from happening when a officer decides to target you, getting the heads of the law enforcement agencies to acknowledge what their officers can and can not do when confronted by a citizen who is carrying a gun in a legal manner WILL solve the problem. Hey..maybe carrying my lucky rabbits foot will keep me safe from a rogue officer today when I step out with my gun showing...

Status
Not open for further replies.