Thread: P220 holster?

P220 holster?

So, I am picking up a P220 here in a month or two.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good holster for one.

I know Sig sells holsters for their guns, anyone have any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRB View Post
    I know Sig sells holsters for their guns, anyone have any experience with them?
    The Sig Kydex holsters are identical to the RSR holsters available at CDNN and other vendors, except for the price and the logo. Sig's price is almost triple CDNN's. They are similar to Blackhawk Serpas in design and construction, although of not quite as high a quality IMHO. I have an RSR for my P220 Carry Stainless, it is OK with the belt attachment, but not so good with the paddle. Personally, I feel a metal gun ought to be carried in leather.

Holsters and their fit on you are such a personal thing you pretty much have to keep trying until you find ones that work. It is unrealistic to think that one holster will accommodate all the carry methods you may employ (e.g. seasonal changes in wardrobe).

I used to carry a P220 in a Bianchi, I believe it was the Askins Avenger model.

I am not a fan of the kydex holsters, I would suggest a top quality leather holster.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

For OC and CCW I have used Galco leather holsters for years. I have several different types.

For range work where drawing from the holster is not part of the training I use a Blade-Tech holster.

After having used the Blade-Tech for range work and being very impressed with them I am looking to try one out for OC and CCW.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

For high security, reasonable draw speed, a decent price, and long lasting quality, I suggest a level 2 Safariland Fine Tac 6280, if not another one of their very secure rotating hood holsters. As an added bonus, they're suede lined, protecting the guns finish. I got mine for about 80 bucks shipped.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Thanks everyone for your input,

I am looking into the holsters you all recommended now.

One other thing-

I didn't notice before that you're in kali If this will be for unconstitutional open carry (UOC), I suggest a Serpa, because that way you can have the slide racked back, making loading time under a second, and eliminating any oath violating excuses for cops to check the status of your P220's chamber.

If you have a permit to conceal, or plan to escape to Free America soon, I still suggest the Safariland.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I would think carrying with the slide locked back would wear out the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRB View Post
    I would think carrying with the slide locked back would wear out the spring.
    Carrying with the slide locked back will not wear out the spring. Springs wear out from cycling, not from being left staticly either compressed or extended.

What you will do by keeping the slide locked back is expose your chamber, mag well, and everything else to every bit of dirt and debris that might get into any of the exposed parts. That is "Not A Good Thing".

As much as there are folks who disagree "Israeli-style" of carrying with an empty chamber, the amount of time lost in merely racking the slide is not all that significant if you are going to start from both an empty mag well and an empty chamber.

But since most SD scenarios start with the Good Guy behind the curve to begin with, it's my humble opinion that it's better to keep the innards clean than worry about the fraction of a second saved by keeping the slide locked back. Having the slide in battery also avoids the time you will have to spend cleaning out asorted junk and gunk before you can chamber a round.

stay safe.

Generally it's the cycling of the spring that causes them to wear out not being compressed or being flaccid
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.