• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taking Guns Away from the Blind

Thundar

Court debate: Should blind Rockaway Township, NJ, man be permitted to keep his guns?

Authorities are either trying to protect the public from a blind Rockaway Township man's shoddy gun storage methods or are eager to take away his constitutional right to own firearms, according to court arguments Thursday.

Morris County Assistant Prosecutor Joseph D'Onofrio appeared before a Superior Court judge in Morristown asking to revoke Steven Hopler's firearms identification cards that allow him to own guns, and to take away about 16 of his firearms.

With Hopler, 47, seated beside him, attorney Gregg Trautmann argued against the action, calling it a long-term battle waged by police to deprive Hopler of his Second Amendment right under the U.S. Constitution

Link: http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...rris+County+man+be+permitted+to+keep+his+guns

c45man

Hard to tell which way this case will go. I don't believe he will win, afterall, a state that doesn't trust people to pump their own gas will probably not trust a blind man with a gun. Irregardless, the guns should be returned even if the subject does not prevail in court. The firearms are part of his estate and should be sold for their value and not destroyed by the peoples' republic.