Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Article: Palin thinks she is above the Constitution

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119

    Article: Palin thinks she is above the Constitution

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shanny..._b_675198.html

    I don't care what you say about the source, the facts are there to support it and it is a well written article. Much respect. Let me know if you agree that Palin or her Palinites think they are exempt from the Constitution.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    It's a biased hit-piece. Unless you are predisposed to rah-rah silly little pieces that hate on folks you disagree with, it ain't worth the time.

    There is no there there.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    It's a biased hit-piece. Unless you are predisposed to rah-rah silly little pieces that hate on folks you disagree with, it ain't worth the time.

    There is no there there.
    Not biased at all. This is factual in every aspect. There is no perspective when illegal searches are conducted, and the 1a goes out the windown when it says something mean to her. Show me the part that was stated incorrect?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by PointofView View Post
    Not biased at all. This is factual in every aspect. There is no perspective when illegal searches are conducted, and the 1a goes out the windown when it says something mean to her. Show me the part that was stated incorrect?
    I really don't like Palin, but this was definitely a hit-piece. "supporters carried assault rifles" - really? Assault rifles?

    "Palin wasted so much of her time" - judgment call.

    "The First Amendment only matters when you say or write something someone else doesn't like." - If it's factual

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    I really don't like Palin, but this was definitely a hit-piece. "supporters carried assault rifles" - really? Assault rifles?

    "Palin wasted so much of her time" - judgment call.

    "The First Amendment only matters when you say or write something someone else doesn't like." - If it's factual
    Okay she bailed on her bible sworn office in Alaska.

    I would have to say that this was a piece on a hippocrit political oppertunist with no concern for anything beyond her bank account.

    You lie if you say this thread would not be 400 messages by now if this had been a democrat. You do yourselves no service by acting like you support 2a and supporting a blatent violation of several freedoms without regard because she is a claimed gun lover. Just because you may agree with the stance someone takes on an issue does not mean you should ignore their actions or inactions.

    I mean the patriot act was not a problem because it was put up by a republican. Pure amnesty for illegals was not a problem when your demi god Reagan said it, but O'bama propses health care and he is a socialist? He proposes a potential path to amnesty but with a tax for breaking the law and this forum has a problem.

    Perhaps if the people on here did not have their head so far up the Elephant's poop chute they would have had a problem when George Bush Sr. was supporting the Brady Bill. Nope you take the easy route and give pure blame to Clinton because it did not reach the white house until after Bush was out. Perhaps you people should stop voting since you are lemmings it seems if you won't call out the obvious but accept some ass hat with a chalkboard and outlandish tin foil hat derived claims of a big plot. Stop patting each other on the back in here and go read a book. Perhaps one with facts in it. Then come back here and post this as if the name said some guy that Glenn Beck hates or Pelosi instead of Palin. Incorrigable.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Your posts are not worth reading.

    I don't mind disagreement. I just ask for rationality and civility.

    Bye. Off to Ignoreland with you.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by PointofView View Post
    Okay she bailed on her bible sworn office in Alaska.

    I would have to say that this was a piece on a hippocrit political oppertunist with no concern for anything beyond her bank account.
    Please learn to spell. You do us no favors in the eyes of anyone when you have poorly spelled rants.

    You lie if you say this thread would not be 400 messages by now if this had been a democrat.
    That's other people's prerogative, not mine. I call it like I see it, regardless of what letter they put in front of your name on C-SPAN.

    You do yourselves no service by acting like you support 2a and supporting a blatent violation of several freedoms without regard because she is a claimed gun lover. Just because you may agree with the stance someone takes on an issue does not mean you should ignore their actions or inactions.
    What does this have to do with what I said? Hell, I think Palin represents the worst bits of religious-right politics, but what does that have to do with an article using factual inaccuracies or hyperbolic declarations? If you've read any of my other posts you'd see just how important I think our other freedoms are, and you'd also see that I pay attention to more of the constitution than many posters here.


    I mean the patriot act was not a problem because it was put up by a republican.
    Did I ever claim this? Does this have anything to do with the thread at hand? The PA did one thing right (allowed cross-agency information collaboration) and a hundred things wrong (warrantless/roving wiretaps, for example).

    Pure amnesty for illegals was not a problem when your demi god Reagan said it,
    My "demi god"? You must be mistaking me for another poster.

    but O'bama propses health care and he is a socialist? He proposes a potential path to amnesty but with a tax for breaking the law and this forum has a problem.
    Perhaps you should take a look at my views on the constitutionality of the health care bill (and part 2) and the constitutionality of SB1070 before you attempt to derail my nuanced positions with stupid rhetoric. I should do a third followup for the healthcare bill though, as someone presented a cogent argument I'd like to explore.

    Perhaps if the people on here did not have their head so far up the Elephant's poop chute they would have had a problem when George Bush Sr. was supporting the Brady Bill. Nope you take the easy route and give pure blame to Clinton because it did not reach the white house until after Bush was out. Perhaps you people should stop voting since you are lemmings it seems if you won't call out the obvious but accept some ass hat with a chalkboard and outlandish tin foil hat derived claims of a big plot. Stop patting each other on the back in here and go read a book. Perhaps one with facts in it. Then come back here and post this as if the name said some guy that Glenn Beck hates or Pelosi instead of Palin. Incorrigable.
    Who are you calling "you people"

    Seriously, chill out, and perhaps read a book or ten yourself. I'm pretty sure that the strawman you're attacking is well and truly stuffed, so you can choose to address me at any time now.

  8. #8
    Regular Member AL Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    238

    And How Is Palin Above The Constitution?

    How is Palin above the Constitution in this story? I read no constitutional violations anywhere!
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    Keeping the source in mind, if the allegations are correct, I would have some misgivings about the actions of Gov. Palin's supporters. I cannot see where private security would have any right to search people on a "public" dock. I cannot see calling someone an "A-hole" for voicing their opinion. I cannot see tearing down someone else's sign because you disagree with it. If Gov. Palin does not condemn these actions (if true) then I will lose enormous respect for the lady. If these actions had been taken by the supporters of a lib. I would expect the same condemnation.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Keeping the source in mind, if the allegations are correct, I would have some misgivings about the actions of Gov. Palin's supporters. I cannot see where private security would have any right to search people on a "public" dock. I cannot see calling someone an "A-hole" for voicing their opinion. I cannot see tearing down someone else's sign because you disagree with it. If Gov. Palin does not condemn these actions (if true) then I will lose enormous respect for the lady. If these actions had been taken by the supporters of a lib. I would expect the same condemnation.
    You'll only see a lib critical of another after one has made a full blown moonbat admission of disdain for the constitution or the country. Even then it's never a repudiation or significant condemnation. Look at how obozo just threw the "Rev" Wright under the bus, without condemning the man, just mildly ridiculing him as a "crazy old uncle".

    As far as I'm concerned the Huffpo is just as ridiculous as Infowars, coasttocoastam.com, media matters, The Daily Kos, or the VPC. It's all hysterical nattering delusional BS sold to borderline (or beyond) schizophrenics.

    That said, anyone who takes any media driven information, from whatever source, as absolute truth is an idiot. I don't care if it's a source I like. Rush Limbaugh IS NOT right %99 whatever percent of the time, even if I were to agree with him %100 of the time, which I don't. Anyone who puts out information has an agenda. It's up to the consumer to weigh it's value. When it comes to left wing sources as far as I'm concerned, I should be paid to suffer through their insipid babbling.\

    There is no reason for Palin to apologize for, or condemn the actions of anyone associated with her that I saw in this asinine video. She was kind enough to entertain a mentally disabled person as far as I'm concerned. She was there with her family, and some self obsessed moonbat staged an event that flopped so badly it took another moonbat to post what might as well be bold faced lies in yet another laughable attempt to discredit their perceived biggest enemy. What many moonbats don't seem to grasp is that the majority of the country that oppose ObozoCare, slush fund "stimulus", a "Tribute to Jihad" mosque in NYC, and this massive debt is their biggest enemy. Palin just happens to reflect the sentiments of a significant (but not majority) of Americans who are seriously pissed off.

    Obozo did not campaign on liberal philosophies. Even his "brilliant" press sec has told the moonbat messiah's acolytes to get a grip. The reactionary left has shown who their percieved biggest enemy is in their tiny, feeble, and malleable little minds (or whatever part of their anatomy they use for one, and most of the time it doubles for a seat). Sarah Palin represents everything they hate about people, besides just human existence in general. I am glad obozo and his elitist leftwing sociopath cronies took control of the government. Even if it means economic pain for a few more years, people are now paying attention to their elected leaders, and they haven't been this disgusted since Carter's stupid speech about wearing sweaters.

    At least Carter didn't spend his entire term whining about Ford's mess, but then again he hasn't shut up for 30 years. I have a feeling the moonbat messiah isn't going to go away anymore gracefully than a drunken stooge getting thrown out of a bar. Plus the SOB is going to live a lot longer.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Palin is wearing thin. I think she's just riding a profit wave into forgotten land, and knows it.

    She's hot, tho. Does that count? Plenty of groupies swoon for Obozo, yet saying that Palin is a MILF gets jeers from the same crowd... Is it a good reason to vote for either? Double-standards are the foundation of Libtardation.
    Last edited by ixtow; 08-16-2010 at 10:56 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Can we lose the "Obozo" rhetoric? Even if you dislike him, he's the President of the United States of America, properly elected and duely appointed. That alone deserves your respect, even if you want to vehemently disagree with his policies.

    I won't even get started on how stupid you have to be to buy into the "ground zero mosque" bullshiat.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119
    My original point is that people are so in bed with their party that violations of rights happen easily by the people they support. I am not party aligned so I tend to see how violating the constitution is not a problem for most when it is done by people with the same political alignment they have. This story would have been crazy posted on if it was Pelosi not Palin who was the subject.

    When illegal searches are conducted in public locations by people with no legal authority to do so, at the direction of or in the view of a supposed constitutional advocate it shows where the politicians really stand. Above the law is the common theme. If I was searched by her goons I would have cried bloody murder and probably sued them for touching me.

    This same individual has supported taking fire arms to different events in the country but it is not okay when she is the cause of the gathering. So how does she really feel about 2a and firearms? I think she is scared of gun owners. I think she feels that her individual rights supersede that of "Joe American". I think she deserves to be called out on this in a public forum and her logic sought as she still sticks her 2 cents into every political issue.

    This action requires her supporters to question her actions. You cannot simply stand out against the unconstitutional actions of the opposite party or the message is lost in the hypocrisy.

    The disrespect to the POTUS is unacceptable and punishable to me under the UCMJ. If you look at what the POTUS promised during his campaign and was elected by the people to do vs. the actual actions taken, he has not veered very far from his promises. Love or hate him, you have to respect him for maintaining the promises he made as a candidate. I wish more politicians lived up to their promises. (www.politifact.org or www.factcheck.org)

    I as a very liberal minded person see an obvious double standard when it comes to the actions of the parties and the heat that they take for them on these forums. This forum tends to live up the biased pat each other on the back for taking shots at democrats forum that I imagined it would be when I first stumbled onto it. It disappoints me because i am a strong supporter of 2a, yet find many on here are strong supporters of all things republican rather than all things constitutional. I wonder how many other people catch themselves bringing forth their own views skewed by topics other than 2a to the forums when posting. I see too many Right Wing posts and not enough 2a posts.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    204
    Maybe I missed it, but where is the constitutional violation exactly?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but where is the constitutional violation exactly?
    Searching private citizens under what authoriy? In a public place, but what authority? Was she searching for guns? They happen to be fully legal in Alaska. Also her supporters rip down a banner on public property because they disagree with it. She says nothing about it. Her husband tries to block the camera.. 1st amendment is being prohibited by her spouse. Intent, disregard and actual violation all in a span of a few minutes.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Can we lose the "Obozo" rhetoric? Even if you dislike him, he's the President of the United States of America, properly elected and duely appointed. That alone deserves your respect, even if you want to vehemently disagree with his policies.

    I won't even get started on how stupid you have to be to buy into the "ground zero mosque" bullshiat.
    As far as I'm concerned the man is actively engaged in the purposeful decline of our country. That's the bottom line, and I have very little respect for any politicians of any stripe, and absolutely zero for a man I consider to be a clown at best.

    Like it or not, people are upset over the mosque. I don't really care, that's what I expect coming from a bastion of leftist lunacy like NYC. I just wonder what would happen if Israel tried to rebuild Solomon's Temple.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointofView View Post
    Searching private citizens under what authoriy? In a public place, but what authority? Was she searching for guns? They happen to be fully legal in Alaska. Also her supporters rip down a banner on public property because they disagree with it. She says nothing about it. Her husband tries to block the camera.. 1st amendment is being prohibited by her spouse. Intent, disregard and actual violation all in a span of a few minutes.

    I as a very liberal minded person see an obvious double standard when it comes to the actions of the parties and the heat that they take for them on these forums. This forum tends to live up the biased pat each other on the back for taking shots at democrats forum that I imagined it would be when I first stumbled onto it. It disappoints me because i am a strong supporter of 2a, yet find many on here are strong supporters of all things republican rather than all things constitutional. I wonder how many other people catch themselves bringing forth their own views skewed by topics other than 2a to the forums when posting. I see too many Right Wing posts and not enough 2a posts.

    I saw no search take place. I saw no aggression on the part of anyone there. Exactly how is someone standing in front of a moonbat's camera violating their rights? I personally don't care if her supporters did rip down the banner. Of course, I didn't see that happen either.

    Whether you like it or not, the whole country in general is right of center. Since the gun grabbers are predominately leftwingers, you should have little trouble understanding why most people here oppose other leftist nonsense. Likewise, if it bothers you that much, stick to your kool-aid and the daily kos.

    I think eye95 was right.
    Last edited by PrayingForWar; 08-17-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post

    I saw no search take place. I saw no aggression on the part of anyone there. Exactly how is someone standing in front of a moonbat's camera violating their rights? I personally don't care if her supporters did rip down the banner. Of course, I didn't see that happen either.

    Whether you like it or not, the whole country in general is right of center. Since the gun grabbers are predominately leftwingers, you should have little trouble understanding why most people here oppose other leftist nonsense. Likewise, if it bothers you that much, stick to your kool-aid and the daily kos.

    I think eye95 was right.
    "You pray for war" and I am deployed away from my family at the moment. The third time in 3 years I will miss my childrens birthdays and Christmas. You pray for war because you know nothing of it or the sacrafice required. You are a mental midget. You choose not to dove into what happened that day and you condone ripping down a sign posted by a land owner on their property because someone disagrees with it. You are a real lesson in a failed civics education with your Savage Nation moon bat crap. Get your own voice.

    I am very liberal and I hold up more than my end of the contract by going off and fighting wars with my liberal and conservative brothers and sisters. Leftists are Americans and fill the ranks of the military in numbers equal to the right. Do not think because you are told you are a great American by Hannity that it makes you one. Your obvious right wing sources for misinformation come at a cost. You seek to only apply the constitution when it suits you and that makes you a threat to it.

    The whole country is not right of center as this president was legally elected by the people. The entire congress you see before you was also elected by the people. Obviously not what a country made up of a majority of right of center folks would do, now is it?

    You have an obvious bias that makes reason and consistant logic escape you. Read the article and read others like it about that days events. I suppose you would not mind if I set up random search locations where non leos searched you for weapons? Do you not see a problem when non elected, non appointed individuals with no legal mandate or right, just step on your rights and search you in a public place? (Because some woman feels her comfort is more important than your constituionally protected rights)

    Well I have to get some sleep so I am done messing with the savage nation of forum warriors as I have to defend your right to spew garbage on the internet when the sun comes up.

  18. #18
    Regular Member HvyMtl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    271
    Name a recent national Politician who thinks they are not above the Constitution. Anyone?

    Anyone?

    Anyone?

    Point is, most every Politician on the national level believe they are above the law, including the Constitution.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    Like it or not, people are upset over the mosque. I don't really care, that's what I expect coming from a bastion of leftist lunacy like NYC. I just wonder what would happen if Israel tried to rebuild Solomon's Temple.
    The reason I call it BS is that 1) it's not a mosque and 2) it's not at ground zero and 3) even if it were a mosque AND at ground zero, one of the wonderful things about our country is that people have a right to practice their religion freely without government interference. That includes engaging in private contract to purchase a piece of land for the construction of a place of worship, regardless of what deity the worshipers claim to be telepathically communicating with.
    Last edited by Tawnos; 08-17-2010 at 06:14 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but where is the constitutional violation exactly?

    How about running as VP under a man who was constitutionally ineligible to be President, having been born in a private hospital, off-base, in a foreign nation...

    Shall we go on?...

    Palin is an embarrassment to gun owners, Constitutionalists, and all literate people in this fine nation. How the good people of Alaska were ever duped into electing a semi-literate ex-cheerleader to be their Governor is beyond me...

    And yes, she IS above the Constitution, at least now. As an officially sanctioned Soros/CFR/Bilderberg Vice Presidential Candidate, she is now in the rarified class of the "blessed anointed" who are above all law, all reproach, and all criticism. She'll be worth more than Gore in a few years, and the only thing she had to sell for her fame and riches was her soul--to the new world order.

    I hope she has trouble looking her self in the eye in the mirror each morning...

    At least we can all rest assured that McCain probably still gets night-terrors from his time in 'Nam, so there is some justice.

    And the current "top two" sold their souls years ago, I think that's a well-established fact. You don't get anywhere in Chicago or Delaware politics without selling your soul early to groups like Goldman Sachs, DuPont, Monsanto, and people like the soul-less Penny Pritzker of the Hyatt hotels dynasty...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 08-17-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    My problem with Palin is that she is a Republican, and makes noises like a Republican.

    I'm far from a supporter of the Democrats, though.

    As far as I'm concerned the Republicans and Democrats are just two wings of the same party--The Keep Us in Power, Government as Usual Party.

    No matter which is in the majority, the national debt goes up, the value of the dollar goes down, deficit spending continues, and lots of nice little government programs, laws, and rulings come along to further curtail what is left of our freedom.

    I got tired of campaign lies and business-as-usual a few years ago.

    Anybody notice that the oh-so pro-freedom Republicans hung around and voted on health scare? If they were all that opposed, they would have gotten up and walked out of the chambers just prior to the vote. The Sergeant at Arms can't chase down hundreds of congressrats and spendators and drag them all back at once for a vote.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-17-2010 at 07:27 PM.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Well said. The GOP is dead - Bush-41 - dead - Bush-43 - dead at McLame's hand. Fool me once and shame on thee. Fool me twice and shame on me. I wasn't fooled the third time but enough were to create the Obamanation. That is very much the GOP's fault.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by PointofView View Post
    "You pray for war" and I am deployed away from my family at the moment. The third time in 3 years I will miss my childrens birthdays and Christmas. You pray for war because you know nothing of it or the sacrafice required. You are a mental midget. You choose not to dove into what happened that day and you condone ripping down a sign posted by a land owner on their property because someone disagrees with it. You are a real lesson in a failed civics education with your Savage Nation moon bat crap. Get your own voice.

    I am very liberal and I hold up more than my end of the contract by going off and fighting wars with my liberal and conservative brothers and sisters. Leftists are Americans and fill the ranks of the military in numbers equal to the right. Do not think because you are told you are a great American by Hannity that it makes you one. Your obvious right wing sources for misinformation come at a cost. You seek to only apply the constitution when it suits you and that makes you a threat to it.

    The whole country is not right of center as this president was legally elected by the people. The entire congress you see before you was also elected by the people. Obviously not what a country made up of a majority of right of center folks would do, now is it?

    You have an obvious bias that makes reason and consistant logic escape you. Read the article and read others like it about that days events. I suppose you would not mind if I set up random search locations where non leos searched you for weapons? Do you not see a problem when non elected, non appointed individuals with no legal mandate or right, just step on your rights and search you in a public place? (Because some woman feels her comfort is more important than your constituionally protected rights)

    Well I have to get some sleep so I am done messing with the savage nation of forum warriors as I have to defend your right to spew garbage on the internet when the sun comes up.
    This is my last response to you, but I will for damn sure set you straight. I am a vet, I've done at least as much time as you have, and have intimate knowledge of combat. Far more intimate than I ever wanted to get. Perhaps you've never seen the Movie Full Metal Jacket, so you miss the reference regarding my name and signature. Not my problem because your opinion of me is about as relevant as your mindless liberalism. COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack No amount of logic or reason will make any difference with you.

    I've also run into "soldiers" like you. You've probably never heard a shot fired in anger, let alone fired one in self defense. You've probably never even been woke up when you were lucky to have 6 hours sleep because of goddam rockets failing out of the sky every day and night for months at a time. You piss and moan about the food, the heat, the 12+/7 hour work weeks, the internet going down, the power going out, no hot showers, the line in the MWR, and Burger King running out of tomatoes. You sound just like the typical fobbit wailing about your "sacrifice", when you've never even seen a drop of blood spilled. So shove your "service", millions of us have done it, most of us don't attempt to use it as moral authority to promote an agenda that's tearing down the fabric of the country.

    How's that for character assasination?

    COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    The reason I call it BS is that 1) it's not a mosque and 2) it's not at ground zero and 3) even if it were a mosque AND at ground zero, one of the wonderful things about our country is that people have a right to practice their religion freely without government interference. That includes engaging in private contract to purchase a piece of land for the construction of a place of worship, regardless of what deity the worshipers claim to be telepathically communicating with.
    Can't argue with you at all. You are %100 correct.

    I still don't have to like it. I still think it's insensitive, and I'm tired of being told I have to be sensitive and understanding when muslims firebomb embassies over some cartoons.

    As far as private property is concerned, the government will gladly fine me into bankruptcy if I cut down some trees to build a fence if some econazi can prove an "endangered" migratory bird could potentially use one of those trees for 3 months out of the year. Property is either private sovereign ground, or the majority of the population can dictate what's done with it.

    As I said, I really don't care. I wouldn't live in NYC for any amount of money, if they want to build a statue of bin laden over the holes in the ground, that's their problem.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  25. #25
    Regular Member KRM59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    256

    I thank you for your service

    Quote Originally Posted by PointofView View Post
    "You pray for war" and I am deployed away from my family at the moment. The third time in 3 years I will miss my childrens birthdays and Christmas. You pray for war because you know nothing of it or the sacrafice required. You are a mental midget. You choose not to dove into what happened that day and you condone ripping down a sign posted by a land owner on their property because someone disagrees with it. You are a real lesson in a failed civics education with your Savage Nation moon bat crap. Get your own voice.

    I am very liberal and I hold up more than my end of the contract by going off and fighting wars with my liberal and conservative brothers and sisters. Leftists are Americans and fill the ranks of the military in numbers equal to the right. Do not think because you are told you are a great American by Hannity that it makes you one. Your obvious right wing sources for misinformation come at a cost. You seek to only apply the constitution when it suits you and that makes you a threat to it.

    The whole country is not right of center as this president was legally elected by the people. The entire congress you see before you was also elected by the people. Obviously not what a country made up of a majority of right of center folks would do, now is it?

    You have an obvious bias that makes reason and consistant logic escape you. Read the article and read others like it about that days events. I suppose you would not mind if I set up random search locations where non leos searched you for weapons? Do you not see a problem when non elected, non appointed individuals with no legal mandate or right, just step on your rights and search you in a public place? (Because some woman feels her comfort is more important than your constituionally protected rights)

    Well I have to get some sleep so I am done messing with the savage nation of forum warriors as I have to defend your right to spew garbage on the internet when the sun comes up.
    I do whole Heartedly Thank you for your service and sacrifice, but please do not generalize about posters in general, some of us saw combat when you was in diapers.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •