• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article: Palin thinks she is above the Constitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

Like it or not, people are upset over the mosque. I don't really care, that's what I expect coming from a bastion of leftist lunacy like NYC. I just wonder what would happen if Israel tried to rebuild Solomon's Temple.

The reason I call it BS is that 1) it's not a mosque and 2) it's not at ground zero and 3) even if it were a mosque AND at ground zero, one of the wonderful things about our country is that people have a right to practice their religion freely without government interference. That includes engaging in private contract to purchase a piece of land for the construction of a place of worship, regardless of what deity the worshipers claim to be telepathically communicating with.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Maybe I missed it, but where is the constitutional violation exactly?

How about running as VP under a man who was constitutionally ineligible to be President, having been born in a private hospital, off-base, in a foreign nation...

Shall we go on?...

Palin is an embarrassment to gun owners, Constitutionalists, and all literate people in this fine nation. How the good people of Alaska were ever duped into electing a semi-literate ex-cheerleader to be their Governor is beyond me...

And yes, she IS above the Constitution, at least now. As an officially sanctioned Soros/CFR/Bilderberg Vice Presidential Candidate, she is now in the rarified class of the "blessed anointed" who are above all law, all reproach, and all criticism. She'll be worth more than Gore in a few years, and the only thing she had to sell for her fame and riches was her soul--to the new world order.

I hope she has trouble looking her self in the eye in the mirror each morning...

At least we can all rest assured that McCain probably still gets night-terrors from his time in 'Nam, so there is some justice.

And the current "top two" sold their souls years ago, I think that's a well-established fact. You don't get anywhere in Chicago or Delaware politics without selling your soul early to groups like Goldman Sachs, DuPont, Monsanto, and people like the soul-less Penny Pritzker of the Hyatt hotels dynasty...

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
My problem with Palin is that she is a Republican, and makes noises like a Republican.

I'm far from a supporter of the Democrats, though.

As far as I'm concerned the Republicans and Democrats are just two wings of the same party--The Keep Us in Power, Government as Usual Party.

No matter which is in the majority, the national debt goes up, the value of the dollar goes down, deficit spending continues, and lots of nice little government programs, laws, and rulings come along to further curtail what is left of our freedom.

I got tired of campaign lies and business-as-usual a few years ago.

Anybody notice that the oh-so pro-freedom Republicans hung around and voted on health scare? If they were all that opposed, they would have gotten up and walked out of the chambers just prior to the vote. The Sergeant at Arms can't chase down hundreds of congressrats and spendators and drag them all back at once for a vote.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
"You pray for war" and I am deployed away from my family at the moment. The third time in 3 years I will miss my childrens birthdays and Christmas. You pray for war because you know nothing of it or the sacrafice required. You are a mental midget. You choose not to dove into what happened that day and you condone ripping down a sign posted by a land owner on their property because someone disagrees with it. You are a real lesson in a failed civics education with your Savage Nation moon bat crap. Get your own voice.

I am very liberal and I hold up more than my end of the contract by going off and fighting wars with my liberal and conservative brothers and sisters. Leftists are Americans and fill the ranks of the military in numbers equal to the right. Do not think because you are told you are a great American by Hannity that it makes you one. Your obvious right wing sources for misinformation come at a cost. You seek to only apply the constitution when it suits you and that makes you a threat to it.

The whole country is not right of center as this president was legally elected by the people. The entire congress you see before you was also elected by the people. Obviously not what a country made up of a majority of right of center folks would do, now is it?

You have an obvious bias that makes reason and consistant logic escape you. Read the article and read others like it about that days events. I suppose you would not mind if I set up random search locations where non leos searched you for weapons? Do you not see a problem when non elected, non appointed individuals with no legal mandate or right, just step on your rights and search you in a public place? (Because some woman feels her comfort is more important than your constituionally protected rights)

Well I have to get some sleep so I am done messing with the savage nation of forum warriors as I have to defend your right to spew garbage on the internet when the sun comes up.

This is my last response to you, but I will for damn sure set you straight. I am a vet, I've done at least as much time as you have, and have intimate knowledge of combat. Far more intimate than I ever wanted to get. Perhaps you've never seen the Movie Full Metal Jacket, so you miss the reference regarding my name and signature. Not my problem because your opinion of me is about as relevant as your mindless liberalism. COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack No amount of logic or reason will make any difference with you.

I've also run into "soldiers" like you. You've probably never heard a shot fired in anger, let alone fired one in self defense. You've probably never even been woke up when you were lucky to have 6 hours sleep because of goddam rockets failing out of the sky every day and night for months at a time. You piss and moan about the food, the heat, the 12+/7 hour work weeks, the internet going down, the power going out, no hot showers, the line in the MWR, and Burger King running out of tomatoes. You sound just like the typical fobbit wailing about your "sacrifice", when you've never even seen a drop of blood spilled. So shove your "service", millions of us have done it, most of us don't attempt to use it as moral authority to promote an agenda that's tearing down the fabric of the country.

How's that for character assasination?

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The reason I call it BS is that 1) it's not a mosque and 2) it's not at ground zero and 3) even if it were a mosque AND at ground zero, one of the wonderful things about our country is that people have a right to practice their religion freely without government interference. That includes engaging in private contract to purchase a piece of land for the construction of a place of worship, regardless of what deity the worshipers claim to be telepathically communicating with.

Can't argue with you at all. You are %100 correct.

I still don't have to like it. I still think it's insensitive, and I'm tired of being told I have to be sensitive and understanding when muslims firebomb embassies over some cartoons.

As far as private property is concerned, the government will gladly fine me into bankruptcy if I cut down some trees to build a fence if some econazi can prove an "endangered" migratory bird could potentially use one of those trees for 3 months out of the year. Property is either private sovereign ground, or the majority of the population can dictate what's done with it.

As I said, I really don't care. I wouldn't live in NYC for any amount of money, if they want to build a statue of bin laden over the holes in the ground, that's their problem.

KRM59

I thank you for your service

"You pray for war" and I am deployed away from my family at the moment. The third time in 3 years I will miss my childrens birthdays and Christmas. You pray for war because you know nothing of it or the sacrafice required. You are a mental midget. You choose not to dove into what happened that day and you condone ripping down a sign posted by a land owner on their property because someone disagrees with it. You are a real lesson in a failed civics education with your Savage Nation moon bat crap. Get your own voice.

I am very liberal and I hold up more than my end of the contract by going off and fighting wars with my liberal and conservative brothers and sisters. Leftists are Americans and fill the ranks of the military in numbers equal to the right. Do not think because you are told you are a great American by Hannity that it makes you one. Your obvious right wing sources for misinformation come at a cost. You seek to only apply the constitution when it suits you and that makes you a threat to it.

The whole country is not right of center as this president was legally elected by the people. The entire congress you see before you was also elected by the people. Obviously not what a country made up of a majority of right of center folks would do, now is it?

You have an obvious bias that makes reason and consistant logic escape you. Read the article and read others like it about that days events. I suppose you would not mind if I set up random search locations where non leos searched you for weapons? Do you not see a problem when non elected, non appointed individuals with no legal mandate or right, just step on your rights and search you in a public place? (Because some woman feels her comfort is more important than your constituionally protected rights)

Well I have to get some sleep so I am done messing with the savage nation of forum warriors as I have to defend your right to spew garbage on the internet when the sun comes up.

I do whole Heartedly Thank you for your service and sacrifice, but please do not generalize about posters in general, some of us saw combat when you was in diapers.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
My problem with Palin is that she is a Republican, and makes noises like a Republican.

I'm far from a supporter of the Democrats, though.

As far as I'm concerned the Republicans and Democrats are just two wings of the same party--The Keep Us in Power, Government as Usual Party.

No matter which is in the majority, the national debt goes up, the value of the dollar goes down, deficit spending continues, and lots of nice little government programs, laws, and rulings come along to further curtail what is left of our freedom.

I got tired of campaign lies and business-as-usual a few years ago.

Anybody notice that the oh-so pro-freedom Republicans hung around and voted on health scare? If they were all that opposed, they would have gotten up and walked out of the chambers just prior to the vote. The Sergeant at Arms can't chase down hundreds of congressrats and spendators and drag them all back at once for a vote.

Not sure what the count was, but not very many repub congress critters voted for hellcare.

Anyway, indeed the 2 party system is f^&%ed up as a football bat. The elitist pig repubs are just as malevolent as the pinko fascist dems they pretend to oppose. However, I have to hold out hope it can be fixed. People are paying attention now, and they're pissed. The moonbats are flailing wildly and their messiah is an international joke.

For the longest time most people had no clue who their representatives in DC were, let alone concerned with local, county or state elections. I've seen people who NEVER been politically active now now getting engaged. That's why the moonbat venom is getting more putrid than ever.

Well said. The GOP is dead - Bush-41 - dead - Bush-43 - dead at McLame's hand. Fool me once and shame on thee. Fool me twice and shame on me. I wasn't fooled the third time but enough were to create the Obamanation. That is very much the GOP's fault.

Mr Hoffman, I beg to differ. The GOP died with Hoover. It was on life support until McLame pulled the plug. I think he was brainwashed at the Hanoi Hilton. Libertarianism, what was once "liberalism", now sort of "conservatism" (except for those annoying social moralists) is gaining strength.

As much as I like Reagan, (who was the last president I would call "good") he found the need to compromise with leftists with Amnesty, and the 1986 gun ban. Plus the "rightwing" moralists who escalated the Dope War against our own people and every country in the hemisphere promoted the decline our empire is faced with.

Absolute liberty is no perfect world either, I just hope we can find the niche we once had that inspired our nation to become the greatest and most benevolent empire the world could imagine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.