• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just had the Police show up at walmart

lance galloway

I was in Walmart in Eau Claire. I got to walmart first I went to subway to get sometheing to eat was there for 10 min or so then I went and did my shoping for the next 30 min or so I got to the checkout and was in line when 2 LEO came up from behind me they said someone called and said I was carrying a taser the officer in charge said he kinda thought it was someone OCing he then asks if I have a ID he could see I said I don't give out my ID but that I would be more than happy to give him my name he said that would be fine they took my name and then asks how do I transport my gun I tell them cased and unloded he says well Walmart said thay are fine with you OCing so your fine and thay left the store.

I did have my voice recorder on but it was in my pocket and did't get anything.

But over all it was a good encounter they knew the law and where very polite and did't even make me wait for them run my name.

Last edited:
B

bhancock

What kind of gun looks like a taser? Good interaction Lance, Carry On.

lance galloway

I was thinking the same thing I don't know but maybe the cops are useing the taser thing as an excuse to stop you since tasers are not legal in Wisconsin. just a thought.

I mean you would think if I was carrying a taser I mite get called in for someone thinking it was gun but not the other way.
I mean even little kids know it's a gun.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Submit a simple FOI request to the local PD, and the county dispatch center. The records will indicate if someone called in about a taser.

If LEO was telling the truth, it's good to see they assumed OC, and just came to check it out. LEO is getting more accepting every day in certain parts of the state.

Good job, and carry on.

P.S., If I don't see you tomorrow at the Jackson County Courthouse, then I hope to see you the 22nd.

Carry On.

Last edited:

jpm84092

I haev seen Tazers that look a lot like a handgun. And, we cannot forget the cop in LA who drew and fired his service weapon thinking it was his Tazer.

rscottie

Hmmm

I wonder if some creative ways to check out lawful OCers are being cooked up by law enforcement?

Otherwise, if someone did call in a MWAT, then I would have loved to see the officer go over to them and say, "No mam, this man is not carrying a Tazer. He's carrying a cocked and locked 1911 .45. He is perfectly legal."

Now that would be priceless.

BROKENSPROKET

Lance, I too was at Wal-Mart. Did'nt see ya there. Must have been different time of day. I was all over EC all day.

Several weeks ago, I came out of Wal-Mart and your truck was right next to my car. I just smiled, that they had two of us at once.

I had a situation at Oakwood Mall. I will post about it when I can transcribe the audio.

Cobra469

I have to say that was some fine interaction there. Assumed it was a law abiding OCer. Asked for ID as a request not a demand. When the request was denied they accepted the name. And they left promptly without an issue. Excellent.

jamesisel

I haev seen Tazers that look a lot like a handgun. And, we cannot forget the cop in LA who drew and fired his service weapon thinking it was his Tazer.

If you are talking about the incident involving the B.A.R.T police in San Francisco, That cop drew and fired his service weapon and KILLED that kid.
and he got off with a slap on the wrist. I wonder why they didn't charge him with 1st Degree Intentional Homicide......

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
If you are talking about the incident involving the B.A.R.T police in San Francisco, That cop drew and fired his service weapon and KILLED that kid.
and he got off with a slap on the wrist. I wonder why they didn't charge him with 1st Degree Intentional Homicide......

Why ? because he is a cop. that's why ! cops can do ANYTHING & get away with it.