• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ravens Run in Fayette Co.

mellio

In the list of rules on the web site for Ravens Run it list firearms as being prohibited. I know there is a rule (not law, in my opinion) about state nature sanctuaries. Ravens Run is a Fayette Co. park though, so I don't think it would apply. I don't see how they can prohibit firearms in a public park. I see no difference in Ravens Run and any other park except for the nature sactuary thing. Whats your opinion ?

http://www.lexingtonky.gov/index.aspx?page=276 About 3/4 way down the page.

neuroblades

Not really sure, as I haven't been there in person, but from the site it looks like this is a Nature area exclusive with 2 picnic sites. My guess is that this would be KAR only.

langzaiguy

Ravens Run is not listed on the KSNP site, so the unconstitutional KAR is irrelevant to Ravens Run. Mellio, do you want to take this up with LFUCG or do you want me to?

mellio

Lang, I think you would be better at talking with people than I would. Feel free to take this up with LFUCG if you want. I look forward to hearing their reply.

langzaiguy

Contacted the park supervisor and he forwarded my concern to Jerry Hancock the director of LFUCG Parks & Rec dept. We'll see where we'll go from there.

Liberty4Ever--is that who you talked to in regards to Jacobson Park?

Last edited:

langzaiguy

I got a response from the parks director:

"Thanks for your message. Your inquiry prompted us to review our
website, signage and training of staff and we are in the process of
getting all of our information updated to reflect the correct and
current information. The website has already been changed. Our Natural
Areas staff has been directed to review signage on site to make sure it
is correct.

Thanks for pointing this out to us. I appreciate it."