Thread: CRPD Encounter with video!

Campaign Veteran

CRPD Encounter with video!

This happened a few days ago in Castle Rock. I was OCing a 1911 in a Blackhawk holster while on a walk with my son. An unmarked CRPD car spots me and does a 180 on Plum Creek Parkway pulling up behind me. I waive him off (as in "I see you. I'm fine. Thank you.") but he persists, honks his horn and starts asking me questions.

Had it been anyone but CRPD I would have been more amenable, but I've been through enough of these encounters with Castle Rock that I no longer cooperate with them. I'm sure I didn't do our movement any favors here, but with this department I don't think it matters.

The video is from a small keychain camera which I was just hoping to turn on in time to get the encounter. The video is very poor but the audio is ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni1bXO-jBxo

PS, I think the officer in the video is actually either the CRPD Chief or one of his lieutenants :0
    Last edited by centsi; 08-15-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: grammar

wow, his response of "you never can tell" to your question about RAS is all I needed to hear.....

You've taken enough guff from CRPD - time to put an end to it before you find yourself being drawn upon.

edit: when's the next OC M&G in Castle Rock....???
    Last edited by RockyMtnScotsman; 08-15-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Aaaawwwwww , I think you hurt his lil feelings because you wouldn't play his game with him. To xxxxing bad and good for you.

No reason for that kind of crap.

Wow... Two encounters with LE in Colorado in the same week, that doesn't happen often. I don't think anyone will fault you for the way you handled the situation. The officer had no right to break the law himself to stop someone that was simply walking with their child, who cares if you had a gun on. I think the reason for being armed is very apparent.

I agree that we need to have another, very public, get together in Castle Rock soon. It's still nice outside, we should go to a park for a BBQ or something.

"Are you an attorney?" Does it matter?

What's the last thing he says?

I've noticed a few more patrols in my neighborhood. I've been making it a point to head down to the Safeway on Plum Creek to get diesel since your earlier reports on the CRPD.

Looks like it's time for an OC meet-up in CR

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    What's the last thing he says?
    Sounds like, "Thanks for the cooperation."

Campaign Veteran
    Yes, a very sarcastic "Thanks for the cooperation".

Of course his idea of cooperation is to talk to me long enough to build reasonable suspicion, detain me, run my name & weapon through CCIC and then give me that lecture about how he's all for citizens carrying guns with CCWs, but that this open carry alarms everyone and they will have to respond and detain me every time I do it. I love that lecture.

IMO you kind of sounded like a dick, but given CRPD's past on this kind of thing, I don't really blame you.

Quote Originally Posted by centsi View Post
    Yes, a very sarcastic "Thanks for the cooperation".

Of course his idea of cooperation is to talk to me long enough to build reasonable suspicion, detain me, run my name & weapon through CCIC and then give me that lecture about how he's all for citizens carrying guns with CCWs, but that this open carry alarms everyone and they will have to respond and detain me every time I do it. I love that lecture.
    I wonder if the SS thanked the inmates at Buchenwald for their cooperation?

Cool

That was awesome! You set an example for me.

Perfect response. I don't think you came off poorly at all. Good for you. Sad that your son has to see police acting in such a way, but a great example from his dad on how to handle situations like that.
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe

Just to let you know, I'll be in Castle Rock (Walgreens on Plum Creek and Wilcox) tonight (8-17) for a bit as I'm going with my brother so he can trade his truck. I'll let you know if anything happens, but hopefully it will be a quick and easy deal.

Campaign Veteran
    Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it.

ZachL, that Walgreens was where I had my first encounter with CRPD a few years ago. Good times...

Excellent job.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson