• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lady freaked out at Manito Park Today

Aryk45XD

Very well said Superlite and Navy. That is to the situation of an anti encounter. I may have to steal those responses sometime.

O/T Smoke your pot next to me. I don't mind. I just feel bad the law's not on your side anymore. We need hemp.

Way O/T and I will not say more than this. There have been many wonderful discussions I have had and even made some new friends over. Yes, I believe in God, just not anybody else's at this time. Perhaps some day others will believe in mine.

Tawnos

What's with the left-hating? The right is the same way. What would you have done if you were at a park, with your kids, and someone sat down and lit up a joint?

Really, the question is freedom vs. tyranny. The left and the right want different flavors of tyranny. I'll take freedom, please!

No kids, but in this theoretical conversation - I wouldn't care. Why bring it up as an example if you're for freedom?

n16ht5

What's with the left-hating? The right is the same way. What would you have done if you were at a park, with your kids, and someone sat down and lit up a joint?

Really, the question is freedom vs. tyranny. The left and the right want different flavors of tyranny. I'll take freedom, please!

I would have said "yay for freedom"

followed by "ugh freedom stinks"

JK LOL

I don't care what the heck a person does as long as they don't violate anyone else's liberty.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

The rabid [right] have internalized their politics to be the core of their world view. Their entire way of thinking is based upon this world view.
Entering into a reasoned debate risks exposing their worldview to the possibility of being proven wrong. Therefore they actively discourage actual debate with every means at their disposal. Speech codes, protests, lawsuits, cries of racism, peer pressure, refusal to provide a forum for opposing views, even passing legislation backed with armed force in the form of law enforcement, all of it is just their way of shutting down dissent.

I highlighted the change I made to your post--now I agree.:p

Last edited:

Lovenox

At that point I think a good reply is, "Yes, I know my kid(s) is/are here. And if there are any criminals who try to harm my child(ren), I will have the means available to protect my child(ren). That's what responsible parents do, is protect their child(ren) if the need should arise. And I am truly sorry that the fact that I am a responsible parent bothers you so much."

Ewwwwww....good one Lt!!!!

gsx1138

+1. Which is much the same reason you will never see, a scientologist, a Jahovah's Witness, a Morman, and a Catholic get together to debate religeon, and if they would, they would definitly never invite a Baptist.

As a former Jehovah's Witness you are incorrect. JW's love to talk about their religion and argue why it is the "truth". The issue is that most haven't taken a simple speech class to understand what fallacies are so get ready for strawman arguments and plenty of appealing to authority.

As for the OP, I don't think I've ever had someone really freak out on me like that. I think you handled it perfectly.

gsx1138

I highlighted the change I made to your post--now I agree.:p

Nice. :)

What side of the political spectrum doesn't matter. Every side has their hard asses who are unwilling to even consider a different viewpoint. I got it from the right during the Bush years because I am against the Iraq war. Now I get it from the left because I think Obama and the Democratic Congress are complete morons. Good times.

HeesBonafide

"Now go away."

I think Ben needs a t-shirt that says:

Yes, it is legal, like it or not. Now go away.

That way when anybody bugs him about it, he can just point to the print.

Gee, why not just have it say, "F*CK OFF!" (says the same thing).

As stewards of the OC movement, I always thought the goal was the following: excerisize the right of OC, educate people and normalize that right.

But, asking for fight does not normalize it at all, it only reinforces people's perceptions and fears about OC.

I thought the OP did a spectacular job of not being compative with the person of distress; he acknowledged her concern, shared empathy and when about his day and even offered some information. How are we to educate people if they never approach us?

If it is vilify or discuss, I personally would rather have someone approach and ask then to have someone just keep their ignorance to themselves and blame me for violance.

Batousaii

My <snip>She started talking about how it’s a park where kids play ......<snip>...The ladies husband look embarrassed the whole time she was having a fit ....<snip> .

"Hey buddy...<to husband>.... You know there is a leash law at this park right?..."

J/K :p Bat

(could go other way around too if it was the husband having a fit - say it to the wife)

- In reality, i think the OP did excellent, and handled it exactly as it should have been, polite and well mannered. I know many of us think funny scenario's in our heads after to help us laugh it off, but i do 100% agree with many replies here that OP did it right.

Bat

Last edited:

Lammo

+1

And for the record amzbrady, me (the Catholic), my buddy (the Pagan), & the guy across the hall (the Evangelical) used to have some great spiritual discussions back in the day. Usually over a few beers & the occasional smoke. :p

Reminds me of a story:
A priest, a rabbi, a horse, two ducks and a chicken walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says "What is this, some kind of joke?" :)

jbone

Please, lets leave religion out of our discussions unless it is to discuss a religious philosophy and its support for freedom, gun rights, or self-defense.

I did that very thing once (religious philosophy and its support for freedom, gun rights, or self-defenseand) and was crucified on this forum.

onlurker

"Hey buddy...<to husband>.... You know there is a leash law at this park right?..."

J/K :p Bat

Or:

Aren't you suppose to be in the kitchen?

Understand that I say this jokingly but it can very easily be turned into an argument for Woman's civil rights by the aggressor, which can be used in your favor as something to drive home the rights of yours she wishes to stomp all over. I guess it depends on how much of a sexist pig you want to look like.

Ponch

ive read this same thing often.
an anti is so scared of your gun, that they come right up to you to make a fuss about it!

You need to shake her hand and tell her, "...and you walked right up to an armed man, scared out of your wits, and told him off? Ma'am, your courage is an inspiration to us all!"

wrightme

You need to shake her hand and tell her, "...and you walked right up to an armed man, scared out of your wits, and told him off? Ma'am, your courage is an inspiration to us all!"

Yes, she herself gave lie to her contention.

To her bias, an armed man is a danger. But in reality, her actions prove the lie of her bias.

MAndrew

Which is much the same reason you will never see, a scientologist, a Jahovah's Witness, a Morman, and a Catholic get together to debate religeon, and if they would, they would definitly never invite a Baptist.

While at a friend's dinner party a pair of Mormons knocked on the door. We took a quick poll and discovered that we had a Catholic, a Hindu, a Wiccan, an Atheist, and two Taoists. We invited them in for some spirited debate, but they declined and continued on their way. Oh well...

Last edited:

Butch00

As an American, I must respect the laws in this country until such time as I can affect their change(i.e. Voting).

I keep hearing people say they must respect/obey the laws in this country. Most people have no idea what the law is.
Marbury v Madison...1803.....The Constitution of the United States is the supreme Law of the land, no law can go against this Constitution and if it does it is void.
Have you looked at Constitutional Law, American Jurisprudence....about 125 books that weight about 6 lbs. apiece.
Starts at A and ends with Z...explains what your rights are. I was amazed when I started reading them.
You need to start thinking outside the box....that is the key government doesn't want you to think.

wrightme

I keep hearing people say they must respect/obey the laws in this country. Most people have no idea what the law is.
Marbury v Madison...1803.....The Constitution of the United States is the supreme Law of the land, no law can go against this Constitution and if it does it is void.
Have you looked at Constitutional Law, American Jurisprudence....about 125 books that weight about 6 lbs. apiece.
Starts at A and ends with Z...explains what your rights are. I was amazed when I started reading them.
You need to start thinking outside the box....that is the key government doesn't want you to think.
I will do such, when I can afford to stand up in court to do so. The reality is that if you do as you allege, you WILL end up in court. While your statements are likely valid, it will take a court of law to get LEs and DAs to not enforce and charge you under these "void" laws.