• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver, WA BBQ @ Esther Short Park Sept. 25th 1pm

The Patriot

I worked at Salmon Creek and Cascade Park Albertsons for 7 years.

GoGo, when did you work at Salmon Creek, I was there for about 5 years. I was one of the managers. I finished my tour in that store in 2003. I know just about everyone.

joejoejoe

Is there a way we can get this stickied to the top of the forum? The 25th is a ways away, and I don't want it to get lost in the forums.

Joe~

onlurker

I'll do my part and give this thread a bump. I haven't had a chance to come out to any meets yet so I'll try to keep that weekend open. Not sure of a good dish that starts with "G" though..

jt59

I'll do my part and give this thread a bump. I haven't had a chance to come out to any meets yet so I'll try to keep that weekend open. Not sure of a good dish that starts with "G" though..

Here's some

grains.....or even a double G (Garlic bread?)
grits
grapes
grapefruit
gala apples
Good and Plenty candy
goose
ground beef
German potato salad
green beans
golden pineapple
grilled cheese sandwhichs (cut and quarter them, and call them 'durves)
gulash
goat cheese
golden potatoes
gyros

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Fundraiser

Just a thought, mybe we can turn this into a fundraiser for the lady that got acid tossed in her face at this same park? This could go a long way to show the community we care not only about our cause, but for the comminity as a whole.

jt59

Good idea,

If you go forward with it, contact the family and see if they have a need is (no insurance, offset uncovered ER charges, offset deductables, lost wages for time off work, whatever), their permission and would be willing to accept the support....and of course, how to get the donations to them.

Count me in for a donation!

Just a thought, mybe we can turn this into a fundraiser for the lady that got acid tossed in her face at this same park? This could go a long way to show the community we care not only about our cause, but for the comminity as a whole.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Food!

Ok, to follow up.

NO, charcoal grills allowed. Joe is in charge of a gas grill.

Dish Last name begins with

Meat/Main Dish A thru F

Side Dish G thru L

Chips/Rolls/Snack M thru R

Dessert/Beverage S thru Z
(Deros has some leftover beverage too)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Fundraiser

Here's the reply I got from the Vancouver PD:
Charles,
Unfortunately we are limited on what we can and cannot give out in regards to victim information. We cannot get involved in fundraising activities, either. This info was in the Columbian today regarding donations to help the acid attack victim. This is not sponsored by VPD but is just something that was in the newspaper.

How to help:

Donations can be made to the "Bethany Joy Storro" account at any Riverview Community Bank branch. Riverview has locations in Camas, Hazel Dell, Orchards, Salmon Creek, east Vancouver, downtown Vancouver and Washougal.

Hope this helps,
Teri Kenning
Vancouver Police Administration

jt59

Cool,

So, now we know where to turn in the dough....do we do this as a one time event at the pic-nic, or do we set out a bunch of jar's at OC friendly business and work toward a sustained effort (meaning, it will take a volunteer that is local to champion this and run around and pick up the jars at some point)?

Either way works to help.....

Here's the reply I got from the Vancouver PD:
Charles,
Unfortunately we are limited on what we can and cannot give out in regards to victim information. We cannot get involved in fundraising activities, either. This info was in the Columbian today regarding donations to help the acid attack victim. This is not sponsored by VPD but is just something that was in the newspaper.

How to help:

Donations can be made to the "Bethany Joy Storro" account at any Riverview Community Bank branch. Riverview has locations in Camas, Hazel Dell, Orchards, Salmon Creek, east Vancouver, downtown Vancouver and Washougal.

Hope this helps,
Teri Kenning
Vancouver Police Administration

bwboley

Activist Member
My last names starts with a b lol what should i bring i have acces to costco so i can get bulk!
and as for doing this for a fundraiser is a great ideal!

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Here's some

grains.....or even a double G (Garlic bread?)
grits
grapes
grapefruit
gala apples
Good and Plenty candy
goose
ground beef
German potato salad
green beans
golden pineapple
grilled cheese sandwhichs (cut and quarter them, and call them 'durves)
gulash
goat cheese
golden potatoes
gyros

OT: OK, why am I on the food list? :cry:

Back on topic, I won't be attending the BBQ but would like to help. If jars go out, will it be posted where they are? If not, I'll meet up with someone. Count me in for a donation as well.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
My last names starts with a b lol what should i bring i have acces to costco so i can get bulk!
and as for doing this for a fundraiser is a great ideal!

You are a main dish. So the frozen costco burgers/dogs would work. And buns.

Cool,

So, now we know where to turn in the dough....do we do this as a one time event at the pic-nic, or do we set out a bunch of jar's at OC friendly business and work toward a sustained effort (meaning, it will take a volunteer that is local to champion this and run around and pick up the jars at some point)?

Either way works to help.....

We should collect it all at once and make a presentation as a group. What do you think.

Leatherneck

We should collect it all at once and make a presentation as a group. What do you think.

Agreed, but for that to happen we would need more info. We'd need a family representative to accept the donations. Otherwise there'd be a bunch of OCers showing up at a bank to donate money.
(On second thought, maybe THAT would attract enough media attention.)

The Patriot

I'll be there!

Hey all,

I have been telling people at my work that are very much conservative and enjoy our gun rights. I also have a weber Q...it is not a full size grill but it can handle about 8 burgers at a time or lots of dogs. My last name is "W" so I will bring some soda and water as well as some dessert of some type.

Please let me know if I should bring my Weber Q.

I will also donate. I think we should present it as a group. As it will carry alot of weight for the organization.

You can reach me privately at

jedijackusa@yahoo.com