• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Told I Can't Carry When Off The Clock

wrightme

Writeme, you know as well as any that anti's are are going to misconstrue no matter what. An anti is not going to come to this forum looking to have thier minds changed. They come already "knowing" the kind of people we gun lovers are. While there are those who will make the argument that this more reason to watch what we say, I tend to look at it a little different. If whatever I say is going to be viewed in a negative light, regardless, why should I care what that person thinks. I think any regular member was aware of the sarcasm in cash's original post, and if any "on the fence" person read it and allowed that one post to turn them anti, then they were already anti and just looking for some small excuse.

Why give them that excuse then?

goalseter88

if that one joke is enought to turn them. then even if he had not posted that joke, they would of found a different reason somewhere else.

just out of curiousity, why are you always in the missouri boards? i not stating that your not allowed here. i just wondered. i see someone from time to time post on here thats not from here. but your about the only person i see that seems to be on here consistantly thats not from here. just woundered what makes you browse here? is it that you come to missouri sometimes? or is there someone here you dont like and are checking for what he/she posts?

SavageOne

If they're on the fence and seeing you carry openly scares them and turns them anti would you agree not to OC? My point is that if one post here and there is the reason someone uses to be anti then in all honesty they were anti anyway and no amount of positive posts were going to change their minds.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

If they're on the fence and seeing you carry openly scares them and turns them anti would you agree not to OC? My point is that if one post here and there is the reason someone uses to be anti then in all honesty they were anti anyway and no amount of positive posts were going to change their minds.

I can agree with this somewhat. BTW Cash, thanks for the chuckle.
But a person must understand that OC can be viewed by the public much in the same manner as having a dead deer strapped to the hood of a truck during deer season. Some folks simply do not want to see it, thus out of respect for others the responsible hunter will quickly clean and store the harvest while the irresponsible hunter will drive around town displaying his trophy for all to see simply because he does not care what others think.

So now I'm going to open up a can of worms. What the heck is with this particular board membership that they want to attack the anti's and others who actually are pro-2A when they can't even get the folks here to get their heads screwed on straight. I've read so many idiotic and stupid threads of late, things like drinking and carrying, the CCW folks hate us OC folks, and other senseless drivel (things that should have never been allowed to become threads) that it makes me wonder how any of you get anything accomplished at all...wait that's right, most of you don't get anything accomplished, but will try to lay claim to the efforts of others as being party to the effort when you really are not.

If you folks were smart, I've yet to see proof that more than a handful actually are, you'd join forces with the Missouri CCW folks (and CCW'ers from other States) rather than try to divide those who stand for the same thing: pro-2A.

You're just fueling the fire and it needs to stop! Each and every one of those idiotic threads and posts is just ammunition for some anti to use against the 2A supporters across the Nation.

Last edited:

wrightme

I can agree with this somewhat. BTW Cash, thanks for the chuckle.
But a person must understand that OC can be viewed by the public much in the same manner as having a dead deer strapped to the hood of a truck during deer season. Some folks simply do not want to see it, thus out of respect for others the responsible hunter will quickly clean and store the harvest while the irresponsible hunter will drive around town displaying his trophy for all to see simply because he does not care what others think.

So now I'm going to open up a can of worms. What the heck is with this particular board membership that they want to attack the anti's and others who actually are pro-2A when they can't even get the folks here to get their heads screwed on straight. I've read so many idiotic and stupid threads of late, things like drinking and carrying, the CCW folks hate us OC folks, and other senseless drivel (things that should have never been allowed to become threads) that it makes me wonder how any of you get anything accomplished at all...wait that's right, most of you don't get anything accomplished, but will try to lay claim to the efforts of others as being party to the effort when you really are not.

If you folks were smart, I've yet to see proof that more than a handful actually are, you'd join forces with the Missouri CCW folks (and CCW'ers from other States) rather than try to divide those who stand for the same thing: pro-2A.

You're just fueling the fire and it needs to stop! Each and every one of those idiotic threads and posts is just ammunition for some anti to use against the 2A supporters across the Nation.

You just "fueled the fire" yourself. What is wrong with that specific?

cash50

Jimmy, if someone wants to strap a deer to their hood, so what? It's his kill. And if the town has no law against, well then no biggie.

There are lots of things I don't want to see, but put up with anyways.

The difference with OC, is that there is this thing called the Constitution. It specifically states we have the right to keep and bear arms. You or Granny not liking it doesn't change it a bit. Just like the first amendment, you can say whatever you want, and even though it may piss me off, you still have the right to say it in America. And I will recognize and accept your rights, no matter who you are, what you like, how dumb or smart you may be.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
You or Granny not liking it doesn't change it a bit.

His point was simply that Sara Brady did not like it and she managed to change it a LOT without regard for the US constitution. Opinions vary, but ******* her off was not wise, it brought about many issues we work tireless today to undo.

When the hunter puts his kill on the hood, he is not the one affected, the check in station is because the folks who get pissed off call MDR and complain and file petitions to force it relocated to a place where folks do not care etc.

goalseter88

i agree that lately, there has been some stupid threads lately. but your statement about joining the Missouri carry is wrong. i say if anyone divides us, it is the missouri carry folks. it is generally its the CCW that bashes the OC crowd. and most of the threads that are dissing CCW on here are from someone replying to the CCW thread. most OC ppl dont have a problem with people CCW, while as SOME CCW do not agree with someone OCing, most of the time its b/c they think OC hurts the 2A movement. but where not argueing that if they are right or wrong about the OC hurting the 2A movement, regardless if they are right or wrong, they are dividing the OC people from them and thats what you saying where doing. and let me say i not stating all CCW are doing this, as we got a lot of CCW folks on here that are very supportative on here as well.

and your right some people on here probably do claim that they got this or that done when they really didnt have much to do with it. but you think that dosent happen on missouricarry.com? and to be honest, i cant think of anyone on here thats bragged that they progressed the OC movement themselves, but i could find a lot of people that brag that they were part of the reason that CCW got passed, and i bet a lot of them didnt do anything, prob didnt even make a single phone call to any of politicians. but they want the bragging rights after OTHERS did the work.

i seen your posts on here and on missouricarry.com(yes some of us OC folks do like to work with the CCW folks if they dont go off on us when we state that we OC also), and i noticed a difference on your posts. on missouricarry.com, your post are generally helpfull and actually has some info in them, i know you helped me get into the IDPA matches. while i dont always agree with everything you state, as i sure you dont agree with mine.
but on here you seem like there very little info in your posts, and are solely to attack the OC'ers, and the little info you do put in the post here, are generally very unaccurate. if you truely want us to not be divided like you stated in your post, you prob could start by setting an example by not trying to divide yourself from the OC folks. When your dissing the OC people, calling them stupid, it dosent give them any reason to not divide. especially when the person calling someone else stupid, has half of his own statements misconstrewed.

Last edited:

cash50

His point was simply that Sara Brady did not like it and she managed to change it a LOT without regard for the US constitution. Opinions vary, but ******* her off was not wise, it brought about many issues we work tireless today to undo.

When the hunter puts his kill on the hood, he is not the one affected, the check in station is because the folks who get pissed off call MDR and complain and file petitions to force it relocated to a place where folks do not care etc.

I know. I hate it.

With deer I understand it, because it's just deer, not a right.

PT111

I once dated a girl that worked as a bartender at one of the local watering holes. When I suggested we go there after the movie she siad that she was not allowed to drink in a bar that she worked in. She said that all the bars in town had that rule. It may have been a state law or just a local deal among the bar owners, I don't remember as it was a long time ago but the point was that employees still had to follow certain rules while at the workplace even while off the clock. This is what I understood the OP to mean, that he wasn't allowed to OC in the store while off the clock. Now I do know of some cases where certain employees were fired for actions while off the clock and off the job site completely as supposedly it gave the company a bad image but these were mostly in the 50's and early 60's but not since then except in very rare and special cases.

A business does have some control over your actions while on the job site even if you are not on the clock or even prohibit you from being there at all. For one thing it is to keep the company from appearing to have you working off-the-clock such as Wal-Mart does for some of their employees.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Now I do know of some cases where certain employees were fired for actions while off the clock and off the job site completely as supposedly it gave the company a bad image but these were mostly in the 50's and early 60's but not since then except in very rare and special cases.

Again, MO is an "employment at will" state. You can be fired for anything and I have no idea why you think it stopped in the 60's as it is far more common today than it ever was at all. thousands if not hundreds of thousands across this country have been fired for speech. Getting fired for sending or receiving an email deemed inappropriate cost a lot of jobs.

Many persons are indeed held to even higher standards through ethics clauses and can be terminated for some pretty normal standard behavior including doing things like attending gun rallies or unpopular demonstrations of any sort.

cshoff

Again, MO is an "employment at will" state. You can be fired for anything and I have no idea why you think it stopped in the 60's as it is far more common today than it ever was at all. thousands if not hundreds of thousands across this country have been fired for speech. Getting fired for sending or receiving an email deemed inappropriate cost a lot of jobs.

Many persons are indeed held to even higher standards through ethics clauses and can be terminated for some pretty normal standard behavior including doing things like attending gun rallies or unpopular demonstrations of any sort.

Heck, just look at the people who have lost their jobs due to things they've posted on their Facebook pages. For the most part, you can be fired from your job for nearly anything in Missouri.

PT111

These things are different from those I have seen in the past. I personally knew one fellow that was called in and told that if he couldn't keep his wife from running around on him then he would be fired. A few weeks later he was fired and this was someone who was not in a public relations type job rather a lineman for the power company. I know several others who were fired because they were cheating on their wives but usually it was while on company time but not always. I had a supervisor that was given the option of transferring to a different town or resigning because his wife was running around on him and he was the best boss I have ever had.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
These things are different from those I have seen in the past. I personally knew one fellow that was called in and told that if he couldn't keep his wife from running around on him then he would be fired. A few weeks later he was fired and this was someone who was not in a public relations type job rather a lineman for the power company. I know several others who were fired because they were cheating on their wives but usually it was while on company time but not always. I had a supervisor that was given the option of transferring to a different town or resigning because his wife was running around on him and he was the best boss I have ever had.

This has not become as uncommon as you think and still happens today.

If I am not mistaken, it will still get you booted from our armed services as well.

I am not by any means hyper conservative but I do know that cheating can and does still get you fired and have worked several places where dating a coworker when BOTH are single can still get you fired.

peterarthur

Heck, just look at the people who have lost their jobs due to things they've posted on their Facebook pages. For the most part, you can be fired from your job for nearly anything in Missouri.

Not nearly anything, ANYTHING. They don't need ANY reason to fire you. Now if they fire you because you won't sleep with the boss, you can sue, even get your job back (why would you?). But employment is not a RIGHT. The damn unions have tried to make us think so. But that is just part of the communist plot to destroy our country proven to exist by the leader of the machinists union victory speech about the takeover of GM. Only God gives rights. It is up to us to protect them. And having a job isn't one of them.

cshoff

Not nearly anything, ANYTHING. They don't need ANY reason to fire you. Now if they fire you because you won't sleep with the boss, you can sue, even get your job back (why would you?). But employment is not a RIGHT. The damn unions have tried to make us think so. But that is just part of the communist plot to destroy our country proven to exist by the leader of the machinists union victory speech about the takeover of GM. Only God gives rights. It is up to us to protect them. And having a job isn't one of them.

NEARLY anything. The reason for your termination of employment can't be because you are "black", or because you "gay", or because you are "female", etc.

sohighlyunlikely

NEARLY anything. The reason for your termination of employment can't be because you are "black", or because you "gay", or because you are "female", etc.

So let me play the devils advocate with you here. You have the right not to be disseminated on by race/sex/sexual orientation/ or religion. Why only those things? and who made these rules?

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
So let me play the devils advocate with you here. You have the right not to be disseminated on by race/sex/sexual orientation/ or religion. Why only those things? and who made these rules?

Doc

You forgot Age.

Debates can be fueled as one wants, this is NOT a bad thing IMHO but it can be taken to extremes.

Those things were picked because they were considered unfair as the person has no choice on most of them and the religion one I believe was pressed into position by the Jewish community.

The gooberment makes the rules, all of them, the good ones and the stupid ones.