• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pathetic Police at Stilly Festival of the River

Ruby

Now I carry more than one gun in the car. Sometimes 3 or more on any given day. I wonder what would happen if I said..."officer, there is one on my hip, one in the center console, one in the glove box...."

That might be an interesting conversation for a routine traffic stop.

BTW Gogo, I would be interested if you and some others decide to do some mock LEO encounters sometime. I know that would be helpful to me as well as others in this area. Keep me informed please. Thanks!

sudden valley gunner

Well let's not forget we are not obligated to inform an officer we are armed. I am not doing anything illegal by being armed and it is not required by state law.

Mike wrote a good article about this you search this forum, Don't be a gun Dork. I think was the title.

Ruby

Well let's not forget we are not obligated to inform an officer we are armed. I am not doing anything illegal by being armed and it is not required by state law.

Mike wrote a good article about this you search this forum, Don't be a gun Dork. I think was the title.

Thanks SVG. I didn't know that at the time and I was nervous since it was my first encounter OC. Gogo has talked about putting together some mock LEO encounter scenarios so some of us can practice and learn how to handle them. I think that would be tremendously helpful to those of us new to OC.

sudden valley gunner

When I look back at some of my LEO encounters there are things I would have done different too. I think a practice session might be good. Even just over coffee at the next South Sound meet. Another thing I have done is every time I see or notice an officer I run basics through my head, and even then it don't come out how I planned there are always variables you can't plan for.

Glad to have met you Ruby and to have you as a valuable asset to the open carry community.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
n16ht5 as to carrying in your waistband of your shorts, does this support a secure carry? I assume it does.

Something to consider in carrying this way we need to look at case law at Spencer and Mitchell do to how they were carrying, and other circumstances to have them convicted in an unlawful display.

I also feel we need to be good representatives of the law abiding citizen for open or concealed carry and even though it is clear they do not know the laws.
It is better to strive for promoting good encounters while still standing our ground, instead of being a joker.

Machoduck

From a white paper on RCW 9.41.270:

A partial list of phrases, words, or terms that are not in RCW 9.41.270 follows:

appropriate (appropriate is used 10 times in RCW 9.41 but never to describe the behavior of armed citizens),
brandishing (brandish or brandishing is not anywhere in RCW 9.41),
causes alarm,
causes ("causes" is not found anywhere in RCW 9.41),
## concealed or any definition thereof (except in .270 (2) loss of concealed pistol license for violation and conviction of (1)),
## holster or any discussion thereof (not in any part of RCW 9.41),
making people nervous,
safe (safety is never used in the context of devices on firearms),
scaring people ("scare" or "scaring" is not to be found anywhere in RCW 9.41),
shock or shocked is nowhere to be found in RCW 9.41,
the right to be unafraid,
the right to be free from fear.

I can't find a link to the original paper. I'm lost on this new forum software.

MD

Ruby

When I look back at some of my LEO encounters there are things I would have done different too. I think a practice session might be good. Even just over coffee at the next South Sound meet. Another thing I have done is every time I see or notice an officer I run basics through my head, and even then it don't come out how I planned there are always variables you can't plan for.

Glad to have met you Ruby and to have you as a valuable asset to the open carry community.

Glad to have met you also, SVG. I am very proud to be a member of the OC community, I have met some really awesome folks!