• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two disarm zones

tireguy43

I was visiting Jax outdoor gear and was with a friend looking for his first firearm and i was carrying my xdm and was asked two of the oddest questions. The first was if it was loaded and the second was why was it loaded. My response was because a unloaded one doesn't do me much good. Then after about ten min of looking at firearms a another employee came up behind me and not only told me to unload it but then reached for my weapon. This was all done by gun sales people. The second place was the tmobile store off of harmony. I was asked to leave and lose my firearm cause i was making the customers "uneasy" which there was only me my wife and another couple in the store. What is the world coming to?

MatieA

I have carried several times into Jax without any incident. Must have been a different set of employees.

Last edited:

wthornton0206

I was visiting Jax outdoor gear and was with a friend looking for his first firearm and i was carrying my xdm and was asked two of the oddest questions. The first was if it was loaded and the second was why was it loaded. My response was because a unloaded one doesn't do me much good. Then after about ten min of looking at firearms a another employee came up behind me and not only told me to unload it but then reached for my weapon. This was all done by gun sales people. The second place was the tmobile store off of harmony. I was asked to leave and lose my firearm cause i was making the customers "uneasy" which there was only me my wife and another couple in the store. What is the world coming to?

I probably would have tackled the employee to the ground and called it weapons retention when the police got there. Who knows if the employee was "disgruntled" .02

av8tr1

He reached for your weapon!!! That's Nuts! I probably would have drawn on anyone not in uniform that reached for my weapon. You NEVER reach for someone else's gun without first getting permission. I would contact the store management and make sure they know about this incident and ensure that employee gets some training on how to handle carrying customers.

KD0EGE

I have had an employee at Jax ask me the first two questions you mentioned: Is it loaded and why? I asked him why he was asking and he told me that all employees are trained to make sure people who are bringing in firearms, to be worked on, are not handing the Jax employee a loaded firearm. I then told him that I was carrying it for self defense, and would not be handing the firearm to anyone, he then thanked me and backed off. As far as the employee who reached for your side arm, I agree with everyone else, that's a good way for him to get himself shot.:uhoh: I would call Jax and let them know that there employee is behaving in an unsafe manner.

John Paul II

I don't believe any private owner of a business has the right to ban my or anyone's 2nd amendment right to be armed, they are inviting us in to do business to make them money, that does not give them the right to restrict our rights, does it give them the right to take away our freedom of speech......... hell no so whats with everyone supporting business owners ( so called right ) to ban (CCW or not) carrying of weapons (gun or blade ) into there business. They have the right to not do business with anyone, the people that support these people are the same people that support not doing business with a person because the color skin or because their political stance. Business owners invite people in to do business so they can make money and a living. That does not give them the right to take away unalienable rights from people they invited in. To say a armed man can't come in to your store is the same as saying a black man can't come in to your store.

Last edited:

cscitney87

"To say a armed man can't come in to your store is the same as saying a black man can't come in to your store. "

Most ridiculous thing I have read on this forum.

Yooper

I don't believe any private owner of a business has the right to ban my or anyone's 2nd amendment right to be armed, they are inviting us in to do business to make them money, that does not give them the right to restrict our rights, does it give them the right to take away our freedom of speech......... hell no so whats with everyone supporting business owners ( so called right ) to ban (CCW or not) carrying of weapons (gun or blade ) into there business. They have the right to not do business with anyone, the people that support these people are the same people that support not doing business with a person because the color skin or because their political stance. Business owners invite people in to do business so they can make money and a living. That does not give them the right to take away unalienable rights from people they invited in. To say a armed man can't come in to your store is the same as saying a black man can't come in to your store.

While I don't support a business that doesn't allow carry, it is their right to do so. Businesses CAN restrict your 1st Amendment rights as well. If I go into a quiet sit down restaurant and begin talking loudly with whomever I'm eating with, perhaps talking about how I don't like the food there, or that I don't like certain people based on social class, religion, race, heritage, or whatever, the owners can tell me to leave, and if I don't, it's trespassing, even though, in a public place, everything I say would be protected by the 1st Amendment.

flb_78

To say a armed man can't come in to your store is the same as saying a black man can't come in to your store.

It's no where near the same. A black man cannot remove his skin. We can remove our firearms.

In order for us to demand that the government recognize our 2nd Amendment rights, we have to recognized the private property rights of others whether we agree with them or not.

KD0EGE

In order for us to demand that the government recognize our 2nd Amendment rights, we have to recognized the private property rights of others whether we agree with them or not.

Well said. If you don't like the way that a private business owner treats you because of the choice you have made to exercise your 2nd amendment right, don't give him the business. You can even post the name of his business on RMGO and he will have lost more than just your business. But it's still his right to do it.:monkey