Thread: Newest ban-centerville fair

Newest ban-centerville fair

ran across this story on mlive. Just wanted to make everyone aware of whats going on there. Fair season is upon us.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/..._county_f.html
    (dont know how to make the link live--sorry)

I like to hope it is because of us that others are now standing up for all our rights. I just talked to Steve Doney, their county fair is held on private property. All he can do is boycott the fair.
    Last edited by scot623; 08-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Yep I looked into this and found there is really nothing we can do as it is private property..

I did post on the news article however.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

i have found that with the exception of genesee county, most fairgrounds tend to be owned and run by private "fair boards"

You are good to go in genesee county however.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Quote of an anti-rights person from this article:

"Why would or should anyone be carrying a gun at a family oriented couny fair? As I have learned, the St. Joe Co. fair is one which does not allow alcohol to be sold on the premises either. I believe because it is so family oriented, it has been far less conducive for fights or brawls by the attendees which is surely a good thing, isn't it?"

And for festivals which do serve alcohol, such as Arts Beat and Eats in Royal Oak, the anti-rights people talk out of the other side of their mouth. The presence of alchohol, according to them, increases the risk of fights and brawls, so guns should be banned.

This plainly exposes their "no guns, nowhere, for nobody" agenda. If a place does not serve alcohol, you don't need a gun because no one is going to get drunk, get stupid, and threaten harm to you. If a place serves alcohol, you don't need a gun because, well, "alcohol and guns shouldn't mix (TM)".

You'll never get through to people like this. They are die-hard anti-rights, and there's simply no room in their world-view for the RKBA at all. The only thing you can do is not compromise and fight and defeat them politically, and let them go sulk and call you names. They are incapable of you trying to deal with them in any other way.

I have yet to figure out how a "family oriented" event is supposed justification for denying you the ability to defend your family.

Quote Originally Posted by hud View Post
    I have yet to figure out how a "family oriented" event is supposed justification for denying you the ability to defend your family.

BC bad people don't go to family friendly events didn't ya know!!

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."