• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newest ban-centerville fair

scot623

I like to hope it is because of us that others are now standing up for all our rights. I just talked to Steve Doney, their county fair is held on private property. All he can do is boycott the fair.

Last edited:

DanM

Quote of an anti-rights person from this article:

"Why would or should anyone be carrying a gun at a family oriented couny fair? As I have learned, the St. Joe Co. fair is one which does not allow alcohol to be sold on the premises either. I believe because it is so family oriented, it has been far less conducive for fights or brawls by the attendees which is surely a good thing, isn't it?"

And for festivals which do serve alcohol, such as Arts Beat and Eats in Royal Oak, the anti-rights people talk out of the other side of their mouth. The presence of alchohol, according to them, increases the risk of fights and brawls, so guns should be banned.

This plainly exposes their "no guns, nowhere, for nobody" agenda. If a place does not serve alcohol, you don't need a gun because no one is going to get drunk, get stupid, and threaten harm to you. If a place serves alcohol, you don't need a gun because, well, "alcohol and guns shouldn't mix (TM)".

You'll never get through to people like this. They are die-hard anti-rights, and there's simply no room in their world-view for the RKBA at all. The only thing you can do is not compromise and fight and defeat them politically, and let them go sulk and call you names. They are incapable of you trying to deal with them in any other way.

hud

I have yet to figure out how a "family oriented" event is supposed justification for denying you the ability to defend your family.