• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monthly Tacoma Dennys Meet and Greet 8-21

69Charger

Denny's
- www.dennys.com
10802 Pacific Avenue South, Tacoma - (253) 531-2141
Next Saturday. :) 10 am.
Come unwind, have breakfast, or just coffee.
Bring the kids. They love the time out with you and are very welcome. :)
Stay as long or as briefly as you want to. This is all about having a good time and meeting some of the open carry folks.
We all need to keep up the great support for our 2nd amendment rights and gatherings like this will help keep our concerns in the open for people to see. If people see that we NEED to support our Constitutional rights, then maybe they will get interested and join in.
If we hide under a rock, well, nothing will ever change. There has been good changing going on and we need to keep it up.
Show up if you can. :) If you can't, thats ok. Just keep up your support for our RIGHTS.
Thanks guys and gals. :) See ya there
Dave

Genken

I really wish I could make it, but I'm flying down to Texas on leave on Friday. If there ends up being one in September, I shouldn't have any issues making that one.

And the more I read about the Texas OC movement, the less glad I am to be from Texas...In all honesty, I didn't even know about OC until I got to Washington.

Matt85

ugh why 10am! id love to be able to make these dennys meets but i go to school in the evenings (3:30pm-11:30pm) and its incredibly tough to make meetings in the AM time frame.

maby the next one could be a dinner meet?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Matt, I am going to pick on you for one second.

Some of us constantly hear excuses and reasons why you can't make this event or another meet or won't come to the gun show, etc....

And then there are a few that after two long days drive from Tacoma to downtown Seattle to live the 2nd Amendment. Work the gun shows and pay for it out of their own pocket if not enough donations come in that weekend. Some have driven to Spokane to have a hamburger and support the dry siders. A couple drove to Vancouver to meet Kurt Kirby and talk with him. We work, we have families and we have limited finances as well. This movement is a sacrifice and a passion.

10am is a completely reasonable time, I have scheduled coffee at 8am and had 10 OCers show up with 12 hours notice. We have had meets at 6pm.

You have to make it a priority.

(gets off soap box)

ugh why 10am! id love to be able to make these dennys meets but i go to school in the evenings (3:30pm-11:30pm) and its incredibly tough to make meetings in the AM time frame.

maby the next one could be a dinner meet?

69Charger

Would be good to see ya DEROS72. I need to get that picture of you with water pouring off your face, out of my head. LOL
Hope this will be a little cooler and less stressful for you. :)
And just plain cooler for the rest of us. :)
See ya there
Dave

Squeak

Is there going to be a raffle for a gun or something? Huh? Sorry! I'm on a roll! WHERE IS MY DANCING BANANA? I'm not going to post anymore 'till someone returns my dancing banana!

Genken

Some of us constantly hear excuses and reasons why you can't make this event or another meet or won't come to the gun show, etc....

I don't believe you were referring to me as well, but maybe you were, not sure...either way, sometimes the Mrs. makes the rules. Break her rules, and I think you know the results of that...

If I am wrong, I humbly apologize.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I don't believe you were referring to me as well, but maybe you were, not sure...either way, sometimes the Mrs. makes the rules. Break her rules, and I think you know the results of that...

If I am wrong, I humbly apologize.

The comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. It's just a fact that there are some people on this forum who always have a reason they can't attend whatever function is under discussion. As for me, if it isn't on a Saturday I usually won't be there. The only reason I was there Sunday is that Willow Lake is, in part (very small part), mine.

69Charger

I will be there early to get the tables set up for us. Sounds like we will have a good crowd.
Thats GREAT.
Remember that you can just stop in and say HI if you don't have time to sit and chat. :)
Its all good.
Glad to have you.
Dave

69Charger

GREAT pic Slickmist. :) And WELCOME HERE.
Looking forward to meeting all you new guys and gals there.
This will be the safest Dennys on the planet.
Right freekin on.
Dave

Last edited: