Thread: Gang Problems?

Gang Problems?

Has anyone had any issues with gang members thinking they are tough $hit while you were open carring?

Not much of a gang problem around here. Most of us in OC in Alabama carry recorders (audio/video) in case of problems. We'd get the whole thing recorded and hand it over to the cops.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!

Understandable. But there are at least 3 gangs in our one little city here.

How many times have you run into gangs? If you have had problems with gangs in the past in your area I would recommend moving. Be very alert and stay clear of their hang outs. You want to avoid conflict at all costs. Good luck.

Well to be honest never. I just know there are three hear that are always getting into stupid ******* fits. I never go through where they are located. Ever. My question is just random. Who has had issues with gangs?

Mindset is key. You must stay aware of your surroundings. Gangs do not want to have a police incounter. They may steer clear and look for easier targets. You never know who will start somthing with you. Clean cut "normal" looking may present more of a threat.

California forum?

Quote Originally Posted by AL Ranger View Post
    Not much of a gang problem around here. Most of us in OC in Alabama carry recorders (audio/video) in case of problems. We'd get the whole thing recorded and hand it over to the cops.
    Aren't you from Alabama, California?

In my experience, most of them tend to gawk for a second, then steer clear. I'm guessing that since 99.999% of them would have no idea it's legal, they may assume you're a plainclothes cop. (or simply nuts for carrying openly) That being said, I'm glad they steer clear regardless of the reason. That's what I WANT the little cretins to do.
    Last edited by Mike Hunt; 08-17-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
    In my experience, most of them tend to gawk for a second, then steer clear. I'm guessing that since 99.999% of them would have no idea it's legal, they may assume you're a plainclothes cop. (or simply nuts for carrying openly) That being said, I'm glad they steer clear regardless of the reason. That's what I WANT the little cretins to do.
    I agree
    Last edited by PincheOgro1; 08-17-2010 at 04:41 AM.

They already steer clear. LOL. And I don't carry YET. They dont know anything. Maybe if they would have stayed in schools they would understand gangs get nowhere.

since I always wear my drop leg, Most wanna be gangstas avoid me. Must think Im cop or something. LOL

Well glad to know they steer clear of those carrying.

I'm going to agree with Mike Hunt here. Most of the gang members in my area just sort of look, speak amongst themselves, and avoid any contact with me whatsoever. I saw some at Safeway right before I left for Vegas. Just because I had the opportunity, I kept looking at the one who was "the leader" of that group. He kept looking away and his friends were getting squirrely. I walked toward him and said, "Did you get your notice?" He said "No sir." and he looked like he was about to sh#! himself.

I took a little of the bass out of my voice and said "Mike? Did you change your hair?" as though I were speaking to an acquaintance. He took a deep relaxing breath and said, "I'm Manuel ***** sir." And reached for his ID in his wallet, which was already in his hand. I told him it's okay, and I made a mistake. We laughed about it and I waited for him to walk away. He did. Quickly.

I realize this was not the right thing to do, but reading the situation, I felt sure I could get away clean. I didn't impersonate, I just asked him a question. I did not allow him to show me the ID, because that would constitute impersonation as well. I guess the long and short of it is he thought he was going to stare me down in the store, and I was determined to show him I was not afraid.

While I don't anticipate doing that again, I have to admit it was fulfilling to see him turn and move so quickly.

On another note, just picking up a pizza can get eyeballs attached to you if you're on the "wrong" side of town. I just don't go into those areas unless I have no alternative.
    Last edited by OPS MARINE; 08-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

i was alreaady proud of you!

Quote Originally Posted by OPS MARINE View Post
    I'm going to agree with Mike Hunt here. Most of the gang members in my area just sort of look, speak amongst themselves, and avoid any contact with me whatsoever. I saw some at Safeway right before I left for Vegas. Just because I had the opportunity, I kept looking at the one who was "the leader" of that group. He kept looking away and his friends were getting squirrely. I walked toward him and said, "Did you get your notice?" He said "No sir." and he looked like he was about to sh#! himself.

I took a little of the bass out of my voice and said "Mike? Did you change your hair?" as though I were speaking to an acquaintance. He took a deep relaxing breath and said, "I'm Manuel ***** sir." And reached for his ID in his wallet, which was already in his hand. I told him it's okay, and I made a mistake. We laughed about it and I waited for him to walk away. He did. Quickly.

I realize this was not the right thing to do, but reading the situation, I felt sure I could get away clean. I didn't impersonate, I just asked him a question. I did not allow him to show me the ID, because that would constitute impersonation as well. I guess the long and short of it is he thought he was going to stare me down in the store, and I was determined to show him I was not afraid.

While I don't anticipate doing that again, I have to admit it was fulfilling to see him turn and move so quickly.

On another note, just picking up a pizza can get eyeballs attached to you if you're on the "wrong" side of town. I just don't go into those areas unless I have no alternative.
    this is the best phony ploy for jerking around a tough guy ive ever read!! thanks..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by OPS MARINE View Post

That's one hell of an acting job.

The admission...

Well, I just felt like I had to do something. I was tired of watching him watching me, and I figured the WORST thing to do was give him some kind of macho attitude. I could have come out on the wrong side of that. But really, you'd have probably laughed if you saw how his pooper relaxed when I had the "wrong guy." I bet he danced all the way home.

Don't want to be seeing nothin' about no wankster's pooper at all.
    x_x

I live near many, they pass thru once in a while. They know me I know them, we leave it at that. Generally keep at arms length. Any sh** goes down it is between them and some other like minded idiot.

Fly low with and live in peace. If ya can...lol

I heard about a guy who, when he noticed a 'gangster' walking his way, said "Hey!, I know your mom. We go the same church." The gangster mumbles something and keeps on walking.
    Last edited by Rich Keagy; 08-25-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Keagy View Post
    I heard about a guy who, when he noticed a 'gangster' walking his way, said "Hey!, I know your mom. We go the same church." The gangster mumbles something and keeps on walking.
    That's creative and ballsy.

The furthest extent of my interaction with gang members has usually been a change in the direction they're walking or a very, very wide berth. No issues thus far *knock on wood*.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Banned
    No not at all, those problems are in EL Salvador and in Honduras.

MS-13 got started in Los Angeles California by Salvadorians who migrated there. Then when they got in trouble with the law in the states and got deported back to El Salvador they started the gang in there home country and it grew even more it stands for Mara Salvatrucha which means Salvadorian Gang and M-18 also started in LA by Hondurians and some of them also got deported to Honsuras and started the gang in Honduras.
    They are in no way related to COsta RIca or Nicaragua in fact NIcaragua, COsta Rica and Panama are the safest countries in central america and they do not have gangs. Of course every country in the world has crime and criminals but you wont see any MS13 or M-18 in CR or Nica it does not exist there.

I haven't run into any more gang members lately, but they are very busy in my area. Check this out.

http://news.salinaspd.com/