• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gang Problems?

AL Ranger

Not much of a gang problem around here. Most of us in OC in Alabama carry recorders (audio/video) in case of problems. We'd get the whole thing recorded and hand it over to the cops.

ryanburbridge

How many times have you run into gangs? If you have had problems with gangs in the past in your area I would recommend moving. Be very alert and stay clear of their hang outs. You want to avoid conflict at all costs. Good luck.

JUMPOFFBRIDGE89

Well to be honest never. I just know there are three hear that are always getting into stupid ******* fits. I never go through where they are located. Ever. My question is just random. Who has had issues with gangs?

ryanburbridge

Mindset is key. You must stay aware of your surroundings. Gangs do not want to have a police incounter. They may steer clear and look for easier targets. You never know who will start somthing with you. Clean cut "normal" looking may present more of a threat.

Wc

California forum?

Not much of a gang problem around here. Most of us in OC in Alabama carry recorders (audio/video) in case of problems. We'd get the whole thing recorded and hand it over to the cops.

Aren't you from Alabama, California?

Mike Hawk

In my experience, most of them tend to gawk for a second, then steer clear. I'm guessing that since 99.999% of them would have no idea it's legal, they may assume you're a plainclothes cop. (or simply nuts for carrying openly) That being said, I'm glad they steer clear regardless of the reason. That's what I WANT the little cretins to do.

Last edited:

PincheOgro1

In my experience, most of them tend to gawk for a second, then steer clear. I'm guessing that since 99.999% of them would have no idea it's legal, they may assume you're a plainclothes cop. (or simply nuts for carrying openly) That being said, I'm glad they steer clear regardless of the reason. That's what I WANT the little cretins to do.

I agree

Last edited:

JUMPOFFBRIDGE89

They already steer clear. LOL. And I don't carry YET. They dont know anything. Maybe if they would have stayed in schools they would understand gangs get nowhere.

Ca Patriot

The only time I have ever had an encounter with "gang members" while OC'ing was in Manhattan Beach. It was summer time, around 12:30am and on the walking section of the strand. I was walking alone at about Marine Ave and about 50 yeards up ahead I saw 4 black males and one female. They were dressed like gang members and obviously not from the area.

There was NO ONE else around and it was very dark.

As I walked closer it looked like they were planning on robbing me when I got closer to them. They got all hushed and their behavior and body language changed. When I got to about 15 yards from them I stopped to fiddle with my phone and intentionally turned to my side to make sure they saw my SA xd9mm. They all saw it and immediately started to walk away up one of the side streets.

OPS MARINE

I'm going to agree with Mike Hunt here. Most of the gang members in my area just sort of look, speak amongst themselves, and avoid any contact with me whatsoever. I saw some at Safeway right before I left for Vegas. Just because I had the opportunity, I kept looking at the one who was "the leader" of that group. He kept looking away and his friends were getting squirrely. I walked toward him and said, "Did you get your notice?" He said "No sir." and he looked like he was about to sh#! himself.

I took a little of the bass out of my voice and said "Mike? Did you change your hair?" as though I were speaking to an acquaintance. He took a deep relaxing breath and said, "I'm Manuel ***** sir." And reached for his ID in his wallet, which was already in his hand. I told him it's okay, and I made a mistake. We laughed about it and I waited for him to walk away. He did. Quickly.

I realize this was not the right thing to do, but reading the situation, I felt sure I could get away clean. I didn't impersonate, I just asked him a question. I did not allow him to show me the ID, because that would constitute impersonation as well. I guess the long and short of it is he thought he was going to stare me down in the store, and I was determined to show him I was not afraid.

While I don't anticipate doing that again, I have to admit it was fulfilling to see him turn and move so quickly.

On another note, just picking up a pizza can get eyeballs attached to you if you're on the "wrong" side of town. I just don't go into those areas unless I have no alternative.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

i was alreaady proud of you!

I'm going to agree with Mike Hunt here. Most of the gang members in my area just sort of look, speak amongst themselves, and avoid any contact with me whatsoever. I saw some at Safeway right before I left for Vegas. Just because I had the opportunity, I kept looking at the one who was "the leader" of that group. He kept looking away and his friends were getting squirrely. I walked toward him and said, "Did you get your notice?" He said "No sir." and he looked like he was about to sh#! himself.

I took a little of the bass out of my voice and said "Mike? Did you change your hair?" as though I were speaking to an acquaintance. He took a deep relaxing breath and said, "I'm Manuel ***** sir." And reached for his ID in his wallet, which was already in his hand. I told him it's okay, and I made a mistake. We laughed about it and I waited for him to walk away. He did. Quickly.

I realize this was not the right thing to do, but reading the situation, I felt sure I could get away clean. I didn't impersonate, I just asked him a question. I did not allow him to show me the ID, because that would constitute impersonation as well. I guess the long and short of it is he thought he was going to stare me down in the store, and I was determined to show him I was not afraid.

While I don't anticipate doing that again, I have to admit it was fulfilling to see him turn and move so quickly.

On another note, just picking up a pizza can get eyeballs attached to you if you're on the "wrong" side of town. I just don't go into those areas unless I have no alternative.

this is the best phony ploy for jerking around a tough guy ive ever read!! thanks..

Vbp6US

That's one hell of an acting job.

OPS MARINE

The admission...

Well, I just felt like I had to do something. I was tired of watching him watching me, and I figured the WORST thing to do was give him some kind of macho attitude. I could have come out on the wrong side of that. But really, you'd have probably laughed if you saw how his pooper relaxed when I had the "wrong guy." I bet he danced all the way home. :monkey

Palecon

I live near many, they pass thru once in a while. They know me I know them, we leave it at that. Generally keep at arms length. Any sh** goes down it is between them and some other like minded idiot.

Fly low with and live in peace. If ya can...lol