• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why did VforVendetta Get Scrubbed?

SavageOne

Anyone else notice that every trace of V has been removed from the forum? Every thread started by him, every post to any other thread. What could he have done that the administrators want to wipe every record of him from their forum?

SavageOne

Some suspect that he is a notorious disruptor-troll. Beyond that, this is a private forum and the owner has every power to do whatever he will, and we have no recourse.

I will not comment on his status. I'm am sure that both you and I have made posts that others may have viewed as contentious. You are correct about this being a private forum. I have to admit it does however put my nose a bit out of joint when I see OCDC sited in news articles as a group and have to accept that we are a group with no say. Just look in the "In The News" thread and it is full of articles quoting the administrators. I must wonder if they would be asked for their inputs as much if it were not for the tens of thousands who have come here to form this "group". The very members who have no say in the "group". I do however freely admit that this is "their" forum and since at this time there is no other forum strictly for the open carry of handguns, I must suck it up and carry on.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I must wonder if they would be asked for their inputs as much if it were not for the tens of thousands who have come here to form this "group". The very members who have no say in the "group". I do however freely admit that this is "their" forum and since at this time there is no other forum strictly for the open carry of handguns, I must suck it up and carry on.

You are absolutely correct that we would be nothing without the members here. And I should point out that is the members who PM me BY THE DOZEN to report the posts of the people whose comments are deleted or who have other action taken against them.

And I NEVER take down posts critical of me or how the forum is being run (so long as they raise a legitimate question vs just name calling) because I want to be transparent and GIVE people a say in what is going on. You may PM me at any time or report a post and I will respond. Don't think for a minute that you don't have a say!

John

Jack House

V was spewing quite a bit of hatred just before he got put down, it seriously went beyond the simple controversial opinions. He was/is here for one purpose and one purpose only: to troll.

As far as all members having a say, sure. Members of the movement should be allowed to have a say in how it is ran. But should those that desire to join so that they may destroy the group from the inside be allowed to do so? I would say no, personally.

Last edited:

eye95

He admitted his intention to troll. He stated the he didn't care if he got banned, he'd be back with a different IP and email.

He is a troll and this was not the first account he has used to troll this site. To his credit, he waited quite a while this time before going into his racist tirades. But, then, this was his first bit of trolling since the site moved.

As far as the way John runs the site: I can attest to what he says. I've never seen him take down criticism of his running of the site and he has personally answered every report that I have made--even when a response was not necessary.

I don't always agree with John's choices, but he is the most reasonable administrator at any of the sites on which I have posted.

John, thanks.

This is going to sound crazy, but how about requiring a credit card to join. You could put a small sum on the card or just hold the sum for a week, then release it. If someone is banned, don't accept that credit card number again. Folks can create unlimited email accounts and proxy to thousands of IPs. The number of credit cards they have access to is quite limited.

Broondog

This is going to sound crazy, but how about requiring a credit card to join. You could put a small sum on the card or just hold the sum for a week, then release it. If someone is banned, don't accept that credit card number again. Folks can create unlimited email accounts and proxy to thousands of IPs. The number of credit cards they have access to is quite limited.

yes, that does sound crazy. that would make this, or any, board no longer a free place to hang out at but more like an exclusive club. what about folks who don't have credit cards? yes, there are people like that in this world and they and their experiences and knowledge would be excluded from such a club.

the release of CC info just to gain access to any board would also make many folks just not bother. that is sensitive info not to be tossed around lightly.

no, no, bad idea, just bad.

MamaLiberty

eye95, playing games with a credit card could bring a LOT of unwanted attention and get very sticky. Lawsuits would not be fun. A dedicated troll wouldn't let a few bucks stop him anyway.

I'm a senior admin for a very large forum. Our members are sharp and report troll/spammer behavior immediately so we can deal with it. That is the key. Instead of thinking you have no input folks, make every effort to have a positive input and don't feed the trolls. Report them instead. :)

jeeper1

Broondog wrote.
what about folks who don't have credit cards? yes, there are people like that in this world

I am one of those people that does not have a credit card. I got rid of the one I had 5 years ago because I wasn't using it.

SavageOne

You are absolutely correct that we would be nothing without the members here. And I should point out that is the members who PM me BY THE DOZEN to report the posts of the people whose comments are deleted or who have other action taken against them.

And I NEVER take down posts critical of me or how the forum is being run (so long as they raise a legitimate question vs just name calling) because I want to be transparent and GIVE people a say in what is going on. You may PM me at any time or report a post and I will respond. Don't think for a minute that you don't have a say!

John

With all due repect John,(and I do truly respect you for all you have helped to create) the only "say" we as members have is reporting transgressions of your rules. You and Mike are still the only ones given the right to delete/lock threads. You allow threads about bear attacks but delete threads about some UN legistation if it sounds a little to tin hatty. My point is your interpretation of your rules seems a little hit or miss sometimes. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) you are more worried about the preception some anti might get from skimming the sight, than the back and forth discussion between members. As I said I could be completely wrong about this. It can be difficult at times to discern another's intent when not face to face or directly familiar with them. If this is the case please accept my apologizes. I do truly appreciate all you and Mike have done to help normalize OC for all Americans. I would also like to add it is not my intention to try and destroy this forum from the inside.