• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why did VforVendetta Get Scrubbed?

trooper46

He described a racist novel (race war, terrorism, ethnic cleansing, and nuclear war) that inspired multiple terrorists as ....being a good read.

Good riddens and congrats to the admin for banning that doushe bag. I hope homeland sec monitors that little Mcveigh wannabe.

trooper46

I hope the Department of Education monitors here too.

I do too. I need need them to hurry up and finish verifying my BA so I can take command of my platoon.

I don't care much for grammar Nazis :p. Some of us work long hours and don't have time to check every post to perfection on a simple forum.

fully_armed_biker

Not a grammar Nazi; but, like it or not...people will judge you by your grammar.

For simple posting on a message board, I don't let other's bad grammar get to me too much...I know when I'm at work, I have to jump on and sneak posts here and there and I let something slip every once in a while...however, when I read posts of letters and emails that people have sent to Congressmen, Senators, letters to the editor, and complaint letters to businesses and corporations, etc...and the writer couldn't tell you the difference in usage between "there," "their," and "they're" or "your" and "you're," "then" and "than," "accept" or "except," "to" and "too," or "affect" and "effect"....to save his or her life, they shouldn't wonder why they don't get their desired result. When managers and Human Resources personnel are reading a resume`, all they have to form an opinion of that person is that piece of paper. As soon as they get to a typo or improper word usage...they have their opinion and that resume` will be promptly round-filed. Customer Service and Public Relations personnel work the same way. They may not throw the letter or email away...but, rest assured, they've formed their opinion and all their dealings with the individual that wrote it will be colored by their, "this guy's an idiot," opinion.

I'm reading through a study guide for a certification test I have to take in the next month. A published book that was looked over by the two writers and more than likely at least a couple of editors before going to press...I'm on chapter 8 of 12 and already have a list of 27 errors, to send to the publisher and say, "Hey, you may want to fix these..."

simmonsjoe

It gets worse. Most people have an automatic form of spell-check on their computer. All you need to do is turn it on. Unfortunately it doesn't help with the grammar issues, or the lack of paragraphs.

Last edited:

simmonsjoe

I'm reading through a study guide for a certification test I have to take in the next month. A published book that was looked over by the two writers and more than likely at least a couple of editors before going to press...I'm on chapter 8 of 12 and already have a list of 27 errors, to send to the publisher and say, "Hey, you may want to fix these..."
They know. This allows them to 'revise' the book every year, forcing you to buy the newest version. It is absolute bullshit.

fully_armed_biker

Yes. However next year your book will be severely devalued, hurting resale.

That would really only come into play if I planned on reselling it...As the information is useful at work every so often, I will keep it on hand as a reference (I've made the corrections in the margins). Now, I could see that being a problem for someone that was planning on getting their certification and never looking back afterwards, and planned on selling it...but, it won't affect me.

daddy4count

LOL

Pure entertainment watching a thread degrade to a completely new topic...

Albert Einstein couldn't spell worth a damn, had terrible written grammar and failed high school math. People may have judged him for it, but they'd be dead wrong.

;)

texasrancher

With all due repect John,(and I do truly respect you for all you have helped to create) the only "say" we as members have is reporting transgressions of your rules. You and Mike are still the only ones given the right to delete/lock threads. You allow threads about bear attacks but delete threads about some UN legistation if it sounds a little to tin hatty. My point is your interpretation of your rules seems a little hit or miss sometimes. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) you are more worried about the preception some anti might get from skimming the sight, than the back and forth discussion between members. As I said I could be completely wrong about this. It can be difficult at times to discern another's intent when not face to face or directly familiar with them. If this is the case please accept my apologizes. I do truly appreciate all you and Mike have done to help normalize OC for all Americans. I would also like to add it is not my intention to try and destroy this forum from the inside.

So this site is not for gun owners its for the anti gunners?
if thats the case then i'm out of here for good.

kwikrnu

Banned
What seems to happen with gun websites is at first they allow edgy topics and opinions. After the website is established and more people join the site turns more conservative. Meaning they are quicker to censor, ban content and add rules.

texasrancher

What seems to happen with gun websites is at first they allow edgy topics and opinions. After the website is established and more people join the site turns more conservative. Meaning they are quicker to censor, ban content and add rules.

yes that is the way it is.