Thread: Open Carry in High Desert (interest)

Open Carry in High Desert (interest)

Hello all,

I am in Apple Valley and am interested in getting open carry going on in the tri city area of the High Desert here. Just wondering if there is anyone else who resides near here or any interest in general.

I have UOC'd up here a tiny bit, nothing major just doing it while out walking but would like to get some meetups or anything up here.

If anyone is interested PM me or reply on here and let me know.

Im from AV too. I'd be willing to do a meetup if we have a group get-together.

Anyone know how SB County Sheriffs deal with OC'ers? I know a lot of departments issued memos to their officers on what they can and can't do.

I was stopped once by SBCSD and they at least knew that UOC was around and that "It was our right" in their words but they, like most PD's, are still mostly unfamiliar with the UOC laws.

Thumbs up Hello

Great to see people from the HD. I live here in Victorville. Would be great count me in please. Thank you.

Glad to at least see a few from the area, if we can get a few more interested, we can start thinking about a UOC meetup somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by avdrummerboy View Post
    Glad to at least see a few from the area, if we can get a few more interested, we can start thinking about a UOC meetup somewhere.
    What do you need a few more interested people for?

Just what is the threshold for conducting a UOC outing? Five? Ten? Should you wait for more?

Look- you have three posters on the thread, if you want to meet, great- But it seems to me that everyone is waiting for someone else to take the initiative. Personally, I dont favor making a big to do with open carry and pushing a big turnout of internet strangers. Remember- this isnt about making a big splash (particularly with AB1934 being voted on within the next two weeks), but being ordinary everyday people who share something in common. While the support of like minded people can ease you into the practice, by no means should group events be the sole time or purpose of your activity. Eventually the training wheels will have to come off for solo OC.

The other thing I recommend is you newbs take a long hard look at the information that is available here and californiaopencarry.org before you OC. Because it doesnt matter how many people you are with if you do something wrong, you will go to jail or have an otherwise bad day.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Hey I live down here in Perris. Victorville, or Hesperia is not too far for me. I would be willing to drive that far to participate. Just has to be on one of my days off... And make sure there's no schools around.

@conditionthree- Yes people are waiting for someone to do something, which is why I am trying to get a few people together. We will have to go solo, yes, and I already have, already done a 12031 check, I just want to have a few meetups and get togethers to gain support and educate the public in a large way. As to numbers, I don't think that having 4-6 armed people in one area is too many. If 1934 goes through, then me and the Mossberg 500 tactical security will hit the streets, since thats all I've got now.

@PincheOgro1- You are more than welcome to head up here and hang out, I'll give you a heads up when anything happens.

@conditionthree- Yes people are waiting for someone to do something, which is why I am trying to get a few people together. We will have to go solo, yes, and I already have, already done a 12031 check, I just want to have a few meetups and get togethers to gain support and educate the public in a large way. As to numbers, I don't think that having 4-6 armed people in one area is too many. If 1934 goes through, then me and the Mossberg 500 tactical security will hit the streets, since thats all I've got now.

@PincheOgro1- You are more than welcome to head up here and hang out, I'll give you a heads up when anything happens.

Mind If I bring the AR along??

So, we have four people willing to meetup? Name the time and place avdrummerboy.

Hello all,

I am in Apple Valley and am interested in getting open carry going on in the tri city area of the High Desert here. Just wondering if there is anyone else who resides near here or any interest in general.

I have UOC'd up here a tiny bit, nothing major just doing it while out walking but would like to get some meetups or anything up here.

If anyone is interested PM me or reply on here and let me know.
    When I was stationed at George for F-4 training, I'd OC all over the Victorville/AV area. Never an issue, of course this was back in '73 when Kalifornia was still a free state. They had a governor named Reagan as I recall. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    When I was stationed at George for F-4 training, I'd OC all over the Victorville/AV area. Never an issue, of course this was back in '73 when Kalifornia was still a free state. They had a governor named Reagan as I recall. Good luck!
    The same Governor who signed the Mulford Act that banned LOC.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    The same Governor who signed the Mulford Act that banned LOC.
    Well before my time in KA. But wasn't that aimed at the Black Panthers? I only vaguely remembering reading something about; it will have to look it up.

Well before my time in KA. But wasn't that aimed at the Black Panthers? I only vaguely remembering reading something about; it will have to look it up.
    Our politicians didn't like the idea of the Black Panthers walking into the capitol building armed to the teeth.They scattered like quail, and soon passed the LOC ban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
    Last edited by Gundude; 08-18-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

g21owner, you can bring the AR if you so desire

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

Doesn't matter who it was aimed at, still a violation of Civil Rights.

Group started?

Hi, Im also from the high desert area and been researching the OC laws for awhile now....Are there any groups started out here that I can participate in? Would like to exercise my 2nd Amendment when possible. PM me . Thanxs

28kfps
    Good luck from a Nevada neighbor.

local support

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    What do you need a few more interested people for?

Just what is the threshold for conducting a UOC outing? Five? Ten? Should you wait for more?

Look- you have three posters on the thread, if you want to meet, great- But it seems to me that everyone is waiting for someone else to take the initiative. Personally, I dont favor making a big to do with open carry and pushing a big turnout of internet strangers. Remember- this isnt about making a big splash (particularly with AB1934 being voted on within the next two weeks), but being ordinary everyday people who share something in common. While the support of like minded people can ease you into the practice, by no means should group events be the sole time or purpose of your activity. Eventually the training wheels will have to come off for solo OC.

The other thing I recommend is you newbs take a long hard look at the information that is available here and californiaopencarry.org before you OC. Because it doesnt matter how many people you are with if you do something wrong, you will go to jail or have an otherwise bad day.
    I agree. But at the same time we need to inform people that open carry is another option that they can choose. If they choose to exercise right.

oc

you help me ill help you larryworth@hotmail.com

I just transplanted myself to Hesperia starting last week.