Thread: An interesting statement from PA Website

An interesting statement from PA Website

This is from the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association. I ran across it and found it interesting how they describe OC in PA. Notice the last Paragraph.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/open-carry
    "With that said, we would like to point out that there is much debate among firearm owners about whether openly carrying firearms is really a good idea. While we will leave that choice to the individual we will state that in many urban areas (namely Philadelphia) doing so will draw unwanted attention from law enforcement that may include (but not be limited to) the following repercussions:
    1. Being stopped and questioned by law enforcement.
    2.Having your License To Carry Firearms seized and sent back for revocation.
    3. Being arrested either improperly or for other charges like disturbing the peace or creating a public nuisance.

While this may not happen should you choose to carry openly, many urban law enforcement officers we have talked to have expressed a very negative opinion towards the idea. Some have suggested that law enforcement will do everything in their power to make your life difficult should you choose to."

Now there is no way to know when that was written. But it does state an interesting view towards OC'ers. Do I hear a vote for a field trip???
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and other "First Class Cities" are, by PA law, empowered to write more restrictive laws than the suburban areas suffer. But you'll just have to learn PA law yourself, I gave up my PA permit five-ish years ago. I never carried in darkest down town Philly while partying with my 'cousins'.

Doug, I believe Pittsburgh is not considered a city of the first class. Last I checked the only city of the first class in Pennsylvania was Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
    Doug, I believe Pittsburgh is not considered a city of the first class. Last I checked the only city of the first class in Pennsylvania was Philadelphia.
    This is correct...Philadelphia is the ONLY city of the first class.

Notice I did not say first class city... :-)