• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An interesting statement from PA Website

Motofixxer

This is from the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association. I ran across it and found it interesting how they describe OC in PA. Notice the last Paragraph.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/open-carry
"With that said, we would like to point out that there is much debate among firearm owners about whether openly carrying firearms is really a good idea. While we will leave that choice to the individual we will state that in many urban areas (namely Philadelphia) doing so will draw unwanted attention from law enforcement that may include (but not be limited to) the following repercussions:
1. Being stopped and questioned by law enforcement.
2.Having your License To Carry Firearms seized and sent back for revocation.
3. Being arrested either improperly or for other charges like disturbing the peace or creating a public nuisance.

While this may not happen should you choose to carry openly, many urban law enforcement officers we have talked to have expressed a very negative opinion towards the idea. Some have suggested that law enforcement will do everything in their power to make your life difficult should you choose to."

Now there is no way to know when that was written. But it does state an interesting view towards OC'ers. Do I hear a vote for a field trip???

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and other "First Class Cities" are, by PA law, empowered to write more restrictive laws than the suburban areas suffer. But you'll just have to learn PA law yourself, I gave up my PA permit five-ish years ago. I never carried in darkest down town Philly while partying with my 'cousins'.