• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys R Us - NO FIREARMS

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
That's what we're thinking Mike. Someone here found the thread where the CEO confirmed that at the time of request (maybe December?) the company allowed whatever applicable law allowed. I'll keep y'all posted of what we hear.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Toys-R-US

Dear Mr. Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding the recent tragedy in our store. Naturally, we want our guest's to be safe and feel confident while they are shopping. We adhere to the state law of whatever state a particular store is located in since the governing laws regarding gun control vary across the country. At this time I have not been notified that this will change though I can not guarantee that it won't in the future. I invite you to submit your concerns to our corporate head office for further attention.

Toys R Us
Attn: Gerald Storch (CEO)
1 Geoffrey Way
Wayne, NJ 07470

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us or contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787.

Sincerely,

Beverly McCann
Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations Team

From this thread:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71026-Corporate-Policies&highlight=Toys

Sorry for crappy copy. On my phone.

That's what we're thinking Mike. Someone here found the thread where the CEO confirmed that at the time of request (maybe December?) the company allowed whatever applicable law allowed. I'll keep y'all posted of what we hear.

See above.

ocholsteroc

Anoter anti gun toys r us

This one is located at 400 North Military Highway in Norfolk. We went there tonight, we saw the NO GUN'S sign. I saw another post that someone else said that toys r us is anti gun. They do not get my money anymore.

RichV

Toys R Us - Anti Gun

I went to Toys R us to buy a toy gun for a class play my son was in (needed for his character's part). After going into toys r us, I noticed that they did not have any toy guns other than the "nerf type". When I asked one of the store employees, she said that they don't sell any products that look similar to real guns (even with an orange tip). She then went on to tell me that some teenager was shot by police in DC, because he had a toy gun. Couldn't give any details, but was sure it happened.

Anyhow, I guess the Toys R Us stance against firearms not only applies to their customers rights to self defense, but also to the products they carry.

ed

New postcard sent

This time to Toys R US CEO:

toysrusceo.jpg

paramedic70002

Here's my letter to the CEO:

Mr. Storch,

First let me apologize for using this personal email address, as I could not find a business email address for you.

It has recently come to my attention through multiple reports on the opencarry.org talk forum that "gunbusters" signs are going up at multiple Toys R Us stores across the country. This is contrary to a posted undated email sent out by Beverly McCann to a Mr. Ross, a member of you guest relations team, that Toys R Us follows applicable state law. The email can be viewed here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71026-Corporate-Policies&highlight=Toys

Every Christmas and twice yearly for birthdays, my wife and I make the trek to Toys R Us to shop for our two boys. If, however, your official policy is to bar customers who choose to lawfully carry firearms for self defense, then we will have no other choice but to discriminate against your store in favor of our local WalMart.

I should point out that WalMart remains friendly to pro-firearms issues in this regard, and while they do not have the extensive collection of toys that are available at Toys R Us, they are certainly competitive in price, as well as being more convenient to many people. It puzzles me why your company would suddenly alienate itself from a certain portion of it's customers.

Please let me know if you are going to correct this situation so that I may share your decision with my wife, family, friends, and the many people at opencarry.org and other firearms talk forums that I frequent.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,

XXXX XXXX

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Why get all worked up Ed? A simple Google search of "Toys R Us, No Firearms" results in this very thread being result #6. Any monkey with a clue could stumble on this result without much help. You and some others want to act like we're not here and nobody could find us if someone didn't direct them here. So what if they did? They're getting bad press and they may as well know the source.

ed

Why get all worked up Ed? A simple Google search of "Toys R Us, No Firearms" results in this very thread being result #6. Any monkey with a clue could stumble on this result without much help. You and some others want to act like we're not here and nobody could find us if someone didn't direct them here. So what if they did? They're getting bad press and they may as well know the source.

Saying "UGH" does not mean I am worked up. It just means I "strongly disagree" (as does the creator of OCDO). Sure.. you can google it and possibly find it, but why HAND it to them?

Putting up the good fight like we all do with e-mail, post cards, photos, letters, etc.. are all efforts that can have the "wind" taken out of them if the playes/anti's also are part of our discussion and thought process.

Use any analogy you want, but it is why war commanders from opposite sites dont compare notes or football teams tell the other side.. we are going to throw a pass on 3rd down, etc.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Use any analofy you want, but it is why war commanders from opposite sites dont compare notes or football teams tell the other side.. we are going to throw a pass on 3rd down, etc.

I thought that's what Wikileaks was for:lol:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I just find it a bit silly to act like this is some secret spot that all of the world can't already see or isn't already familiar with, especially for large corporations. Anyone, anytime, anyday can see this board on purpose by seeking it out or easily coming across it in a random Google, Bing, Yahoo or whatever search. What good is this board as a means of getting news about OC out to the world if people can't find the place or search it out.

This is a public forum. If I didn't think people would see my postings warning of places that restrict people's ability to carry a firearm for personal defense I wouldn't bother to post as the board would be completely ineffective. Part of having an open board for the world to learn from means that our opposition will see our thoughts too as will those who have put up these silly signs and they can read the arguments for themselves and see where there customers are going and why.

If we're going to maintain that this is some secret squirrel forum not to be read by anyone other than those of us who are already here, then this place is a waste of my time.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Why hide it?

I agree!
Gun ownership and this site aren't secrets. On the contrary, I think many places that would go anti don't because of this place and sites like it.

We get a few trolls but we'll get them anyway. I'd rather have legitimate trolls than the NOVA PD's on safari.

TFred

Why hide it?
I agree with Ed. It's not that we're hiding, it's that we're not doing the work of the antis for them!

Look at how much trouble even our own members have trying to find stuff from time to time. In this battle of ideology, information is ammunition. The more you give away, the more they have to work with.

We have internal debates and discussions here that, taken out of context, could be used to hurt our efforts. There is simply no good reason to go out of our way to put this sort of information in the laps of those who hate what we want and would do anything to stop our efforts.

Again, we aren't hiding, there is just no sense in helping the other side either.

TFred