• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater OC August dinner - August 28th / 7pm / Golden Corral

Mechman

There is an OC dinner planned on August 28th / 7pm / Golden Corral / Volvo Pkwy and Battlefield. This is in Chesapeake. I look forward to seeing some of you there and finally getting a chance to meet you!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyone interested in getting together for dinner on August 28th / 7pm / Golden Corral / Volvo Pkwy and Greenbrier?

Don't ask - just do it - they will come.

Make it official - and name the city for those not informed.

wylde007

Hey! A Saturday!

Brilliant. I might be able to make it and bring the missus and little one. He's never been to a buffet before. I bet he'll love it!

Put me down for 2½ "maybes"!

MSC 45ACP

Mech? Didn't I mention how you should do it on the Boardwalk? Heheheh... Judging from the first couple posts, I guess you didn't listen. Tis ok. You did it right. Don't feel bad, though. That is exactly what happened to me. I made the "mistake" of asking, too. Someone (I think it was Ron) said "DON'T ASK, just schedule it!" so I did.

This one is a bit far for us, but we may make it. The only problem is that The Trough (GC) has higher rates on weekends (or is it just Sunday?)

Mechman

Mech? Didn't I mention how you should do it on the Boardwalk? Heheheh... Judging from the first couple posts, I guess you didn't listen. Tis ok. You did it right. Don't feel bad, though. That is exactly what happened to me. I made the "mistake" of asking, too. Someone (I think it was Ron) said "DON'T ASK, just schedule it!" so I did.

This one is a bit far for us, but we may make it. The only problem is that The Trough (GC) has higher rates on weekends (or is it just Sunday?)

Wow! I did not realize they had higher rates on the weekend....

Mechman

I know I can count on grapeshot to set me straight! I am looking forward to meeting him finally!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know I can count on grapeshot to set me straight! I am looking forward to meeting him finally!

Would love to make the trip - have done so before on several occasions - great bunch down there.

Unfortunately, have two meetings that day and a previous commitment for the evening. I will take a rain check though.

Mechman

Would love to make the trip - have done so before on several occasions - great bunch down there.

Unfortunately, have two meetings that day and a previous commitment for the evening. I will take a rain check though.

Sorry to hear you can not come. I will hope to see you next time. I always appreciate your posts...they are "no nonsense" and "to the point". You have a great knack for cutting through the clutter...it IS appreciated!!!!

darthmord

I will talk with the Mrs. and see if she's up for it.

For those curious, this would be the Golden Corral at the intersection of Volvo and Battlefield Blvd. It's very hard to miss. It sits in the opposite corner of the intersection from Walgreens.

GC||||Lowes
==========
========== (volvo)
BB||||Walgreens
.....^.......
.....||......
Battlefield

Hope my line art map works.

t33j

I will talk with the Mrs. and see if she's up for it.

For those curious, this would be the Golden Corral at the intersection of Volvo and Battlefield Blvd. It's very hard to miss. It sits in the opposite corner of the intersection from Walgreens.

GC||||Lowes
==========
========== (volvo)
BB||||Walgreens
.....^.......
.....||......
Battlefield

Hope my line art map works.

Nice :D

...but welcome to 2010

Attachments

• ss.png