• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OTish...Ok not really but wanted to join the cool OT thread club for once! lol

devildoc5

So I brought this up to a few people at the Meet at Willow Lake and figured I would post it here to get Ya'lls opinions...

The way I understand RCW 9.41.060 is that it states "lawful outdoor activities" or some thing similar at least, then goes on to list a few of those a "horseback riding, fishing..."

Now my question is: Would a trip to punch some holes in paper (outdoors of course. like at capitol state or some other such area) qualify as an outdoor activity covered by this RCW?

sudden valley gunner

So I brought this up to a few people at the Meet at Willow Lake and figured I would post it here to get Ya'lls opinions...

The way I understand RCW 9.41.060 is that it states "lawful outdoor activities" or some thing similar at least, then goes on to list a few of those a "horseback riding, fishing..."

Now my question is: Would a trip to punch some holes in paper (outdoors of course. like at capitol state or some other such area) qualify as an outdoor activity covered by this RCW?

IANAL
But in my opinion yes. Recreational shooting is an outdoor activity.
I tried to get some clarification on this though and get blank.......
I am of the opinion that if my sons who are 13 and 14 want to carry a pistol as we hike to our shooting spot, there is nothing in the RCW's to prevent that.

OrangeIsTrouble

Oh come on, I drive you there while carrying loaded, and you doubt the poosharker?????

Trust me, I been milking 060 for every ounce I can get.

sudden valley gunner

Oh come on, I drive you there while carrying loaded, and you doubt the poosharker?????

Trust me, I been milking 060 for every ounce I can get.

Maybe you should just change your name to .060......hahaha. Hey I am going to spend some time drafting up a letter in support of your Bill while outta state.