Thread: funny stories in fairbanks

funny stories in fairbanks

I went in to a gas station to buy cigarettes and when i told the chashier what kind i wanted he said "With that gun on your hip you could get all the cigarettes you want." Then he laughed and told one of his co-workers to check it out. She said that it makes her nervous and then walked away. The guy said he was just joking and i payed and left.

Its amazing how many people think that just because someone has a gun they are a criminal.

A few days later I was in Wal-Mart with a friend. We were both carrying and these two kids walk up to us and ask us if we undercover cops or something and i told them no that we were just ordinary people. One of the kids asked me "Then why do you need guns?". I told him that we just carry guns to protect ourselves and our families. He replied "Are you really that afraid that something is going to happen?" I said "No, its just like having a fire extingusher in the house or wearing my seatbelt. Im not affraid that my house is going to start on fire or that i am going to get into a car accident but if it does happen i am prepared." I am pretty sure that they were just curious but at first they seemed like they were trying to be smart asses. Anyway they followed us arount the store for the rest of the time. I thought it was pretty funny.

I have breakfast at my local Denny's quite often. I know all of the staff quite well and have attended Bar-B-Ques and parties at various employee's houses.

There is one server who has a running joke of always asking me "Is everything alright?" then when I reply with the usual "Yes", I get, "Good. I don't want to get shot."

The few times I have had a complaint about something I get "Don't shoot me, it was the cook's fault."

The simple implication that I would ever use my firearm for any reason other than self defense makes me uncomfortable. As such, I keep telling myself to say something about it, but I never do. It's said in a humorous and friendly manner, but I still feel it is nothing to joke about.

I agree. I wish people would just reallize that 99.9 percent of people who carry a gun would never do something stupid like that.

Former Alaska Native

Maybe you could say, "Funny" and then ask her if she says the same thing to LEO's when they eat there.....she'll likely get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    I have breakfast at my local Denny's quite often. I know all of the staff quite well and have attended Bar-B-Ques and parties at various employee's houses.

There is one server who has a running joke of always asking me "Is everything alright?" then when I reply with the usual "Yes", I get, "Good. I don't want to get shot."

The few times I have had a complaint about something I get "Don't shoot me, it was the cook's fault."

The simple implication that I would ever use my firearm for any reason other than self defense makes me uncomfortable. As such, I keep telling myself to say something about it, but I never do. It's said in a humorous and friendly manner, but I still feel it is nothing to joke about.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

"Do you make a special effort to hide your seatbelt, or try to insult others who's seatbelt is showing? Choosing not to wear yours makes you nothing more than a messenger of ignorance."

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post

It has been reported that Denny's has a corporate policy of "NO Firearms" which they do not post on the entrance in most places but some managers enforce.

Just one more reason to AVOID Denny's.
    Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 10-27-2010 at 02:29 AM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    It has been reported that Denny's has a corporate policy of "NO Firearms" which they do not post on the entrance in most places but some managers enforce.

Just one more reason to AVOID Denny's.
    I guess it depends on which Denny's. We have had meet 'n greets at two Denny's here in the Puget Sound area with no problems at either one. At one meeting there were upwards of 25-30 of us. They put tables end to end in the center of the dining room for us. The manager was estatic to have us as most of us ate breakfa$t. Earlier this month we met at a Denny's in Federal Way; there were probably 15-18 people, and again, no problems.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin