• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "Belly of the Beast" (i.e. downtown Seattle)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Tonight in Downtown Seattle.

Deros and I were exhausted. Sunday was a busy day and the temperatures zapped the energy right out of a moss covered North westerner! I arouse before AM to go to work today.

I got home and the house was sweltering. I was done! I sat down to read a little, I started at my favorite forum OCDO.

I read about Willow Lake and some other stuff. I got a bottle of water. I chaged clothes.

AND THEN..............

amzbrady posted about a rally in downtown Seattle!

I called Deros and others.....

We made a plan, even though I had chores, Deros had chores... neither of us had dinner...But I talked Deros into going downtown....

On the way in the car, I heard Kirby on the radio and he said that Didier would be there!
(I knew that a little luck and magic was on our side)

We spent the next couple of hours at West Lake Center! Here are the pics (video to come).

Deros and I live the 2nd Amendment everyday! Please join us!

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

devildoc5

AWESOME!!!

Good work genst!

I guess with you guys looking out for my 2A I can just relax and let you guys handle it right ? (JFK)

LMAO!!!

Seriously though...Good job "reppin the Hood yo!"

DEROS72

Mckenna was great .He noticed my CIB(combat ifantry badge) .I explained it was from Vietnam and he talked about his father in Korea.He also told us to keep up the good work.I even showed him pics of our rally yesterday.
When Didier saw us he just smiled and said he felt safer already and it was good to see folks standing up for 2A.Also check KOMO news at 11 their camera was right on us.

Thanks Nick for coming by and talking me into that .Was a very productive day .Sure enough someone saw the OCDO pamphlet in Nicks pocket and came up and asked for one.We walked all over inside westlake mall looking for an atm and no issues.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

Darn I wish I knew That was going on I would of really liked to meet Didier and Mckenna
oh well perhaps another time. Maybe by the time I meet Didier It will be "senator Didier"

Stretch

So I am scanning through my FB page this morning and see Clint Didier tagged in a photo. I glance and say, hmmm something about this picture is....different..... I click it to make it bigger and see a OC'er shaking Clint's hand. Good too see GoGo meeting Clint! I've had the privilege of being around Clint in his pre-run days when he was still discussing the ideas of running for US Senate in the Tri-Cities.

JSlack

So tell us about Clint. Did I make a good choice?

Great photo's, and you guys are sure on the ball when it comes to 2A! Much appreciated from this Washingtonian!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So tell us about Clint. Did I make a good choice?

Great photo's, and you guys are sure on the ball when it comes to 2A! Much appreciated from this Washingtonian!

We were there 20 minutes early or so and walked right up to Clint. Without a pause he shook our hands and said he felt safer now that we were there. He thanked us for fighting for our rights with his firm handshake and showed us the copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence in his pocket. He is the real deal.

DEROS72

Like Nick said Clints is the man .Can you imagine walking up to Patty Murry wearing our sidearms .They would freak and call the cops etc. Mckenna was the same.Had no problem with guns and appreciated it.

amlevin

Like Nick said Clints is the man .Can you imagine walking up to Patty Murry wearing our sidearms .They would freak and call the cops etc. Mckenna was the same.Had no problem with guns and appreciated it.

If it were you, probably not. With the hairdo, mustache, shades, and general confidence, she would probably take you more for a cop. Now if someone with a long greasy pigtail, a beard/mustache with the last several meals dried in it, a "Screw the Government" t-shirt filled out with a large "Budweiser Tumor", were to try it, it probably wouldn't matter if he was carrying or not.

gsx1138

If it were you, probably not. With the hairdo, mustache, shades, and general confidence, she would probably take you more for a cop. Now if someone with a long greasy pigtail, a beard/mustache with the last several meals dried in it, a "Screw the Government" t-shirt filled out with a large "Budweiser Tumor", were to try it, it probably wouldn't matter if he was carrying or not.

Which is a good point as to why we should be aware of the kind of image we project. I'm not saying be conformist robots but being a loud jack ass doesn't do the movement any good either. Even in this age of "diversity" individuals are used to judge groups of people.

ManInBlack

I am in town visiting family and opened carried at Pike Place on Saturday. Walked right past an SPD officer with my strong side to him. No problems other than some ignorant comments from assorted hippies and street-freaks. One gigantic security guard did approach us as we were walking back to my mother's car, but I cut him off with a "Thanks, but we don't need anything," before he could even get the "'Scuse me, sir" out.

I've been open carrying a lot more in general on this trip then I have in the past, mostly around the Redmond/Bellevue/Kirkland area. No problems so far.

amzbrady

These are the kind of events that make me want to live closer. I saw the event posted and really wanted to go. I'm glad a few of you got to go and have a good time.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Brady,

If it were't for you Deros and I would of missed this. Litterally I got home from work on Monday and changed clothes and sat down to read the interwebs. I read for a bit before I saw your post of the rally. I immediately called Deros and others and decided that OC needed to be represented. We were both beat tired but pushed ourselves to go, and we are glad that we did.

These are the kind of events that make me want to live closer. I saw the event posted and really wanted to go. I'm glad a few of you got to go and have a good time.