Thread: Vancouver acknowledges Open Carry allowed in Parks!

Vancouver acknowledges Open Carry allowed in Parks!

Great job joejoejoe!

The Columbian

With his Ruger SP101 revolver at his hip, 26-year-old Joe Winton asked the Vancouver City Council on Monday night to make it clear he has the right to carry his gun in city parks.
    Winton identified himself as a member of national gun advocacy group opencarry.org, and said he carries his gun when he and his wife visit Esther Short Park downtown.

<more>
    Live Free or Die!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Kudos to joejoejoe! That's the way to get things done. Have your ducks in a row and take action.

Waiting anxiously for 9/25!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Great job Joe.

I love winning!

Live Free or Die!

69Charger
    joejoejoe
    I tip my hat to you sir.
    And if you come to the Dennys Meet, I will buy you coffee.
    Dave

Great job, joejoejoe. Way to be prepared and represent the group!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Great job! Thank you! I will call the cup of coffee and raise a dessert! ;-)

Indeed, you inspired me...

Since we seem to be gaining momentum, we need to figure out how to leverage this success!

What would be the high priority Counties/Cities?
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks for the good words guy. I was reading some of the comments on the Columbian, and those guys are jerks. The lady decided to ... my quote which means she took out some words. I have done homeless ministry in Esther Short Park for 2 years, and I know the type of people that use that place as a meeting point. It is a shelter at night practically. So for people on the comment section to called me a "poor scared boy," they really are setting themselves up for trouble should they ever venture to the park past 7pm. I think the meeting went real well, and I got a lot of handshakes and good complements afterward. No one there, not even the council members, said anything bad. I had a few council members even come up to me afterward and thank me for addressing the issue.

Also, I emailed Tim Leavitt informing him I was going to "carry." The reported says I informed him I was "going to be armed." Wording changes perception! Anyways, I am off to the County meeting to discuss this issue. Wish me luck. I haven't informed anyone there that I am carrying because no one responds to my emails.

Joe~

p.s.

When is this Denny's meet? And where?

p.s.s

Thanks for your comments on the article. You guys sound incredibly educated with very logical points. They are just insulting.

"He who throws the first stone has already lost the argument."

Joe~

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Great job!
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Question: can this be used for the Kurt Kirby case? Isn't his trial soon?

There are some real bright people making anti comments, aren't there?

Another great example that a citizen can effect change. All it takes is someone who is going to stand up and not concede to illegal threats. Several of us now have gotten ordinances changed without even hiring a lawyer. Great job Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Question: can this be used for the Kurt Kirby case? Isn't his trial soon?
    No kirby received his ticket under 9.41.270.
    Live Free or Die!

gogo i was reading up on the kirbys case and on katu said on reason for the ticket because he had his hand on the gun, Well i showed the story to my grandpa [30+ years on portland police retired as detective] said when he still open carrys he often puts his hand on his gun as a gun retention. so that shouldnt even be a issue and said this case is bs and the prosecutor was studdering alot like hes nervous
    Last edited by bwboley; 08-17-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Great job Joe. I just saw you on KATU. Now you just need a hand cannon to carry for your TV appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by bwboley View Post
    gogo i was reading up on the kirbys case and on katu said on reason for the ticket because he had his hand on the gun, Well i showed the story to my grandpa [30+ years on portland police retired as detective] said when he still open carrys he often puts his hand on his gun as a gun retention. so that shouldnt even be a issue and said this case is bs and the prosecutor was studdering alot like hes nervous
    Here are the 911 recordings

Here are the police reports.

You tell me if he violated 9.41.270

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.
    Live Free or Die!

How about an OC meet at American Martial Arts?

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Here are the 911 recordings

Here are the police reports.

You tell me if he violated 9.41.270

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.
    Seems like in the police report, the LEO kept fishing around to get the answer she (?) wanted. Not getting it from the 911 caller that he was only "concerned" and not "alarmed" (code words)...she proceeded to modify her question to his wife..."Were you "alarmed"? .......this is a set-up that should be pretty well picked apart by a good Attny'....Where can I send a donation to his legal defense fund?
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Seems like in the police report, the LEO kept fishing around to get the answer she (?) wanted. Not getting it from the 911 caller that he was only "concerned" and not "alarmed" (code words)...she proceeded to modify her question to his wife..."Were you "alarmed"? .......this is a set-up that should be pretty well picked apart by a good Attny'....Where can I send a donation to his legal defense fund?
    Kurt's attorney is Chris Dumm in Vancouver.

http://www.cjdummlaw.com/
    Live Free or Die!

Thumbs up

GREAT JOB Joe ! TY !
    Semper Fi
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Quote Originally Posted by SargentMac View Post
    Great job Joe. I just saw you on KATU. Now you just need a hand cannon to carry for your TV appearances.
    Well, can I have your Beretta? I'll gladly put that on the NEWS! Ha.

Joe~

p.s.

Thanks for the comments guys.