• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver acknowledges Open Carry allowed in Parks!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Great job joejoejoe!

The Columbian

With his Ruger SP101 revolver at his hip, 26-year-old Joe Winton asked the Vancouver City Council on Monday night to make it clear he has the right to carry his gun in city parks.
Winton identified himself as a member of national gun advocacy group opencarry.org, and said he carries his gun when he and his wife visit Esther Short Park downtown.

<more>

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I love winning!

after.jpg

69Charger

joejoejoe
I tip my hat to you sir.
And if you come to the Dennys Meet, I will buy you coffee. :)
Dave

jt59

Great job! Thank you! I will call the cup of coffee and raise a dessert! ;-)

Indeed, you inspired me...

Since we seem to be gaining momentum, we need to figure out how to leverage this success!

What would be the high priority Counties/Cities?

joejoejoe

Thanks for the good words guy. I was reading some of the comments on the Columbian, and those guys are jerks. The lady decided to ... my quote which means she took out some words. I have done homeless ministry in Esther Short Park for 2 years, and I know the type of people that use that place as a meeting point. It is a shelter at night practically. So for people on the comment section to called me a "poor scared boy," they really are setting themselves up for trouble should they ever venture to the park past 7pm. I think the meeting went real well, and I got a lot of handshakes and good complements afterward. No one there, not even the council members, said anything bad. I had a few council members even come up to me afterward and thank me for addressing the issue.

Also, I emailed Tim Leavitt informing him I was going to "carry." The reported says I informed him I was "going to be armed." Wording changes perception! Anyways, I am off to the County meeting to discuss this issue. Wish me luck. I haven't informed anyone there that I am carrying because no one responds to my emails.

Joe~

p.s.

When is this Denny's meet? And where?

joejoejoe

p.s.s

Thanks for your comments on the article. You guys sound incredibly educated with very logical points. They are just insulting.

"He who throws the first stone has already lost the argument."

Joe~

Jayd1981

Another great example that a citizen can effect change. All it takes is someone who is going to stand up and not concede to illegal threats. Several of us now have gotten ordinances changed without even hiring a lawyer. Great job Joe.

bwboley

Activist Member
gogo i was reading up on the kirbys case and on katu said on reason for the ticket because he had his hand on the gun, Well i showed the story to my grandpa [30+ years on portland police retired as detective] said when he still open carrys he often puts his hand on his gun as a gun retention. so that shouldnt even be a issue and said this case is bs and the prosecutor was studdering alot like hes nervous

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
gogo i was reading up on the kirbys case and on katu said on reason for the ticket because he had his hand on the gun, Well i showed the story to my grandpa [30+ years on portland police retired as detective] said when he still open carrys he often puts his hand on his gun as a gun retention. so that shouldnt even be a issue and said this case is bs and the prosecutor was studdering alot like hes nervous

Here are the 911 recordings

Here are the police reports.

You tell me if he violated 9.41.270

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

jt59

Here are the 911 recordings

Here are the police reports.

You tell me if he violated 9.41.270

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Seems like in the police report, the LEO kept fishing around to get the answer she (?) wanted. Not getting it from the 911 caller that he was only "concerned" and not "alarmed" (code words)...she proceeded to modify her question to his wife..."Were you "alarmed"? .......this is a set-up that should be pretty well picked apart by a good Attny'....Where can I send a donation to his legal defense fund?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Seems like in the police report, the LEO kept fishing around to get the answer she (?) wanted. Not getting it from the 911 caller that he was only "concerned" and not "alarmed" (code words)...she proceeded to modify her question to his wife..."Were you "alarmed"? .......this is a set-up that should be pretty well picked apart by a good Attny'....Where can I send a donation to his legal defense fund?

Kurt's attorney is Chris Dumm in Vancouver.

http://www.cjdummlaw.com/