Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Target Sports? WTF?

Target Sports? WTF?

so, I was just watching hardcore pawn, and I saw them go to target sports and the guy on the show was asking for a deal, and the guy flipped out? what's the deal with these guys? anyone know if something happened off camera? I know I won't be going there ever as it stands, that guy was just a huge ****** for what looked like nothing more than I'd do?

Cameras.

Enough said.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

I watch that last night also and I have to believe that something more then what was shown on camera transpired. Floored me.

However, I have shot there in the past and I have to say that everyone working there, that I met, acted arrogant and snooty (that was 10 years ago) like they know more then anyone else ever could. I never went back. I now shoot outdoors exclusively as I have most of my life. If you don't take a long, deep breath between shots, you are rapid firing!

OBTW, I did like the other range down that way that I used to stop into every once in a while, when working in the area. I think it was called Double Action. Is that still around?
    Last edited by Agent1; 08-17-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Double Action.
    ‎"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

Double Action has the same reputation for obnoxious employees and they are anti-OC. I go to Peter's (also anti-OC) but they dont give me crap about rapid-fire or drawing my gun on the range (now that I am a yearly member).
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Double Action has the same reputation for obnoxious employees and they are anti-OC. I go to Peter's (also anti-OC) but they don't give me crap about rapid-fire or drawing my gun on the range (now that I am a yearly member).
    I try not to goto indoor fire arm ranges. I don't think you could pay me to goto Double Action. Both DA and Target have arrogant employees, Target is much less of an issue, especially as of late. I went to the new range/shop on 8 mile in Southfield, and they were anti-OC, but the employees were very knowledgeable and polite, and did not know why they had NO-OC signs...
    Either way if I have to spend my money at one of them it will most likely be Target.
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 08-17-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Wink

I quit going to Double Action awhile back because of teh employees. I purchased my first handgun there this year and got a 1 year membership. The first time i went there to shoot after i got my handgun the guys behind the counter were giving me dirty looks,and the guy ringing me up for the range gave me a crappy attitude because i did not show him my membership card right away. So after that i just cut my card up and have never been back. When i do get to the range which is rare these days i go to Peters the guys there are friendly,and i can rapid fire.

I watched the show as well and didn't understand what this guys problem was. I think he was a hot head. I sure would not want to go in there and have some guy like him handling firearms and have a bad day. He was totally out of line. This is the type of guy that gives gun owners a bad name.

After seeing the show, I will never buy anything from Target Sports. The employee definitely has anger issues. You would think that since the store is getting free publicity, what would be the harm in giving the guy a discount for the holsters?

Bingo ...

The last two posts sum up my feelings perfectly:

1) Even if the Pawn guy was being a tool about asking for discounts, the range was getting thousands in free advertising from the show. Now they're losing thousands in potential sales from offended customers ... really stupid business decision.

2) The Range guy threw a full blown hissy fit, especially when he snatched what might have been a loaded gun from the Pawn guy (yikes!) I personally don't want to go to a range where armed employees seem to have anger issues.

I actually had a similar situation happen to me at Classic Arms in Lansing.. Asked the guy behind the counter if they move on prices and I thought he was going to go through the roof!! He literally told me that its "bad business" to ask such a question... while yelling at a potential customer with money in hand.. Crazy. I guess this is pretty normal there, if you read the reviews on Google they're almost all bad.

The Target Sports employee got pissed off over the Pawn dealer trying to discount things IE haggling. Watch it again ans as the guy asked about the Holster price the employee went off after explaining he doesn't give a discount on that item.

he asked for a deal on the holster the idiot then explains he gave them a deal on the guns and when he said it was an $80 dollar holster then was asked what are you mad about he went insane and said " When I fcking loose it I fcking swear to God blah blah blah"

Here it is, most businesses fail to grasp the 6000 year old concept of haggling over a deal. I used to make comments like I could give it to you free, but I won't be in business next week, and tell them it's still $80.00 I don't trow the holster down hard on the glass the cuss the customer out because hes asking for a better discount. I would fire that Moron is a hot second. I sent the episode to a number of people who shop there and I asked them to boycott Target Sports. There is no damned reason to act like such a jerk, that moron shouldn't even be employed as a garbage man. Frankly I met garbage men with far superior intellect and attitudes.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/hardcore-...-together.html

Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    I watched the show as well and didn't understand what this guys problem was. I think he was a hot head. I sure would not want to go in there and have some guy like him handling firearms and have a bad day. He was totally out of line. This is the type of guy that gives gun owners a bad name.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

He wasn't being a tool as you call it he was haggling as they do in every country on this planet. The employee was being a ******* crybaby. He could have said something like I mentioned in another post here. He was way out of line. No excuse would matter after what he did, I would fire him 15 seconds after he did that and most likely fire him right on camera. How dare that elitist punk destroy a customer business relationship with such a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimDoc View Post
    The last two posts sum up my feelings perfectly:

1) Even if the Pawn guy was being a tool about asking for discounts, the range was getting thousands in free advertising from the show. Now they're losing thousands in potential sales from offended customers ... really stupid business decision.

2) The Range guy threw a full blown hissy fit, especially when he snatched what might have been a loaded gun from the Pawn guy (yikes!) I personally don't want to go to a range where armed employees seem to have anger issues.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Bingo give this man a cigar!

Exactly! He got about $10 to $20 Million dollars in FREE publicity. Have you see what it costs per second of air time on that channel? He could have gave it all away free and came out better. He is the tool and moron in that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by cm2624 View Post
    After seeing the show, I will never buy anything from Target Sports. The employee definitely has anger issues. You would think that since the store is getting free publicity, what would be the harm in giving the guy a discount for the holsters?

They have almost always been rude when I have gone in there. This is why I drive all the way up to Williams in Davison when I want to go to a range, and sometimes to buy firearms. I also like to purchase arms at Midwest, in RO. Never bought a thing except range time at Target.

Everyone should do a review of Target Sports on Google! This is vital information for future customers and this type of behavior should not be tolerated.. They deserve to lose business.

I was born and raised in Michigan and lived there for 31 years until I moved to Nevada. It bothers me to see this behavior, especially since I have experienced it personally.

I posted negative feed back on Yahoo and Google review.....hopefully people will think twice about shopping there.

Was everyone their during the recording?

I only ask because it seems that everyone ASSUMES that this tape was NOT edited for entertainment purposes. You guys do realize its TV right? Because on TV they NEVER misconstrue things (abe) right?

I am not defending this guy, especially at the end when he grabbed the firearm, but come on this whole thing is fishy! Also you know it was somewhat staged because they passed how many different fire arm stores to goto that Target Gun Shop? They EVEN PASSED ANOTHER TARGET GUN SHOP (Royal Oak)! And Their were no customers! No cars in the parking lot! This is also a newer location, maybe they did this before it opened.

Come on guys

"Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

My problem is the tape was not edited, you can see him get red faced over the discount question. he started arguing before he blew up. Even when he threw the holster down on the counter you can see he was getting angry.

But I have had several people tell me back last year they are normally rude there, and these who told me are far from thin skinned. So I have to judge by the history of target sports. As far as a new location, I am not sure it's been a few years since I last came down state. It appears to be the new Orchard Lake store.

http://www.targetsportshooting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    Was everyone their during the recording?

I only ask because it seems that everyone ASSUMES that this tape was NOT edited for entertainment purposes. You guys do realize its TV right? Because on TV they NEVER misconstrue things (abe) right?

I am not defending this guy, especially at the end when he grabbed the firearm, but come on this whole thing is fishy! Also you know it was somewhat staged because they passed how many different fire arm stores to goto that Target Gun Shop? They EVEN PASSED ANOTHER TARGET GUN SHOP (Royal Oak)! And Their were no customers! No cars in the parking lot! This is also a newer location, maybe they did this before it opened.

Come on guys

Last edited by Bailenforcer; 08-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    My problem is the tape was not edited, you can see him get red faced over the discount question. he started arguing before he blew up. Even when he threw the holster down on the counter you can see he was getting angry.

But I have had several people tell me back last year they are normally rude there, and these who told me are far from thin skinned. So I have to judge by the history of target sports. As far as a new location, I am not sure it's been a few years since I last came down state. It appears to be the new Orchard Lake store.

http://www.targetsportshooting.com/
    It is the new location, which is much farther from American Jewelry and Loan than the Royal Oak Location of Target. Their are also other fire arms stores/ranges that are even closer than Target. I smell a set up is all I am saying. As for Target being rude, some of their employees are. This is true everywhere unfortunately, customer services is hard to find now a days, especially here in the Detroit area.
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 08-19-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Nothing beats Double Action though! They are hands down the WORSE!
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Banned
    A guy from the store said in an email response, that there was more to the story than we know, it was their show.

Perhaps this is true, you know how editing can be. I agree, that you shouldnt act this way, especially armed, but maybe we are being hasty?

Banned
    That was Ray the owner of the shop, regardless of whatever else "could have happened"

he just threw a bunch of money out the door
    he just made himself look like an ass.
    he grabbed les' gun out of his hand which, lets be honest I don't care where I am if someone grabs my gun, my backup gun is coming out and being pointed at them.
    They may have edited it but he is STILL the antagonist in the situation and it will negatively affect his buisness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqwIIQ5eYY

I guarantee you that if you came into our gun shop and spent that much money and asked for a discount on the holsters you would GET it and you would not be yelled at and have your gun grabbed from you.

The majority of you that posted on this thread should make a copy and save it in case you ever want to apply to work for the brady bunch, you show all the qualities required. First, your assuming you know what happened and calling for people that have not had a bad experience there to write a bad review. I am suprised that some obvious things were not pointed out. First, what have we heard from a lot of gun shops? That they don't want people carrying in there because they pull out loaded guns... Well did any of you notice the first thing the pawn broker did was pull his gun out of its holster to check and see if a new one would fit it? Second, you all fail to mention that at the end when the gun shop owner disarmed and unloaded the pawn guys gun he took it from his HAND. Why the hell was it in his hand? He had every right to kick him out and I am glad he did, that guy had no business having a gun with the way he was handling a loaded gun.

He kept the store open late, gave him a deal on the guns and was reasonable with him pulling out a loaded gun, I think he just had enough. He gave him a lot of leeway. You are taking the side of a edited clip and running with it. Lets see, Jump to conclusions without all the facts. Check. Make a call for action without all the facts. Check. Yep, good brady candidate qualitys IMO, perhaps you should all review the situation again and be objective instead of reactionary. We are above this people. The customer was a irresponsible moron and should take a gun safety course before he touches a loaded gun again.

And a clip on hardcore pawn is not worth 10-20 million dollars..... Check and see what the most coveted super bowl ads go for. Safety before money.

And I know my response is mean and I am sorry for that but we have to hold people accountable for unsafe practices, not stick up for them. That guy is a ND waiting to happen. And again, I am sorry , I am tired and seeing this really set me off but I am not going to edit it because I think you need to hear it and think about it a bit.
    Last edited by choover; 08-20-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerme View Post
    That was Ray the owner of the shop, regardless of whatever else "could have happened"

he just threw a bunch of money out the door
    he just made himself look like an ass.
    he grabbed les' gun out of his hand which, lets be honest I don't care where I am if someone grabs my gun, my backup gun is coming out and being pointed at them.
    They may have edited it but he is STILL the antagonist in the situation and it will negatively affect his buisness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqwIIQ5eYY

I guarantee you that if you came into our gun shop and spent that much money and asked for a discount on the holsters you would GET it and you would not be yelled at and have your gun grabbed from you.

You have no problem with the fact that a loaded gun was in his hand to begin with to be grabbed? Everyone likes to skip that part. Do you allow people to walk around your store with loaded guns in their hands?
    Last edited by choover; 08-20-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Long before the Pawn guy tried to test out the holster the store owner was bitching and rude throwing the packaged holster down on the counter yelling about the price ect. No reason to ever be such an ass. I held a FFL and shop for 21 1/2 years and never would I treat someone that way, and I had far worse weirdos come in. I had one discharge a firearm (S&W 3913) through a wall (Police officer) and I didn't get foul mouthed and abusive, I kept my cool and calm. Sorry your excusing his nasty foul mouth and attitude long before the Pawn Dealer pulling a gun to test a holster doesn't hold any water. The owner as you call him is a jerk! He was wired with a Mic or didn't you see that removed when he went into orbit? So he knew damn well what was to be expected, if you think those shows are all happen stance you are fooling yourself they are in fact scripted to a degree, and there are no surprises, go ask the shows insurance carrier. Nope you didn't sell me on anything the store owner should have not agreed to that contract if he was going to be a temperamental baby through the whole process. Your un-holstering point is well taken but the store owner lost it long before that happened. I would have walked out ten minutes prior to that incident based on how the owner of the store talked down to the Pawn dealer, no one talks to me that way ever. I will be damned if I would pay someone who talks to me like I am trash. The dealer of the gun shop was already out of line long before the stupid un-holster move and if you think I didn't have many of those ignorant acts played in my place your kidding yourself, that un-holstering thing is a daily problem in gun stores, it is part of doing business and yes a stupid move, but a frequent problem and yes even Police Officers do it and frankly the ones who did that stupid move were mostly so called professionals in Law Enforcement. Stuff happens and people make stupid mistakes, I watch a customer and before he had that weapon out of the holster I would have stopped him. I watch people who have weapons and I also watch those who buy holsters as that is the most probable times for a stupid weapons draw. Ask any dealer who does a lot of sales.
    Pawn dealer - 1
    Gun dealer -1

Quote Originally Posted by choover View Post
    The majority of you that posted on this thread should make a copy and save it in case you ever want to apply to work for the brady bunch, you show all the qualities required. First, your assuming you know what happened and calling for people that have not had a bad experience there to write a bad review. I am suprised that some obvious things were not pointed out. First, what have we heard from a lot of gun shops? That they don't want people carrying in there because they pull out loaded guns... Well did any of you notice the first thing the pawn broker did was pull his gun out of its holster to check and see if a new one would fit it? Second, you all fail to mention that at the end when the gun shop owner disarmed and unloaded the pawn guys gun he took it from his HAND. Why the hell was it in his hand? He had every right to kick him out and I am glad he did, that guy had no business having a gun with the way he was handling a loaded gun.

He kept the store open late, gave him a deal on the guns and was reasonable with him pulling out a loaded gun, I think he just had enough. He gave him a lot of leeway. You are taking the side of a edited clip and running with it. Lets see, Jump to conclusions without all the facts. Check. Make a call for action without all the facts. Check. Yep, good brady candidate qualitys IMO, perhaps you should all review the situation again and be objective instead of reactionary. We are above this people. The customer was a irresponsible moron and should take a gun safety course before he touches a loaded gun again.

And a clip on hardcore pawn is not worth 10-20 million dollars..... Check and see what the most coveted super bowl ads go for. Safety before money.

And I know my response is mean and I am sorry for that but we have to hold people accountable for unsafe practices, not stick up for them. That guy is a ND waiting to happen. And again, I am sorry , I am tired and seeing this really set me off but I am not going to edit it because I think you need to hear it and think about it a bit.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 08-20-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast