• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target Sports? WTF?

kyleplusitunes

so, I was just watching hardcore pawn, and I saw them go to target sports and the guy on the show was asking for a deal, and the guy flipped out? what's the deal with these guys? anyone know if something happened off camera? I know I won't be going there ever as it stands, that guy was just a huge douche for what looked like nothing more than I'd do?

Agent1

I watch that last night also and I have to believe that something more then what was shown on camera transpired. Floored me.

However, I have shot there in the past and I have to say that everyone working there, that I met, acted arrogant and snooty (that was 10 years ago) like they know more then anyone else ever could. I never went back. I now shoot outdoors exclusively as I have most of my life. If you don't take a long, deep breath between shots, you are rapid firing!

OBTW, I did like the other range down that way that I used to stop into every once in a while, when working in the area. I think it was called Double Action. Is that still around?

Last edited:

fozzy71

Double Action has the same reputation for obnoxious employees and they are anti-OC. I go to Peter's (also anti-OC) but they dont give me crap about rapid-fire or drawing my gun on the range (now that I am a yearly member).

eastmeyers

Double Action has the same reputation for obnoxious employees and they are anti-OC. I go to Peter's (also anti-OC) but they don't give me crap about rapid-fire or drawing my gun on the range (now that I am a yearly member).

I try not to goto indoor fire arm ranges. I don't think you could pay me to goto Double Action. Both DA and Target have arrogant employees, Target is much less of an issue, especially as of late. I went to the new range/shop on 8 mile in Southfield, and they were anti-OC, but the employees were very knowledgeable and polite, and did not know why they had NO-OC signs...
Either way if I have to spend my money at one of them it will most likely be Target.

Last edited:

Recoil88

I quit going to Double Action awhile back because of teh employees. I purchased my first handgun there this year and got a 1 year membership. The first time i went there to shoot after i got my handgun the guys behind the counter were giving me dirty looks,and the guy ringing me up for the range gave me a crappy attitude because i did not show him my membership card right away. So after that i just cut my card up and have never been back. When i do get to the range which is rare these days i go to Peters the guys there are friendly,and i can rapid fire.

budlight

I watched the show as well and didn't understand what this guys problem was. I think he was a hot head. I sure would not want to go in there and have some guy like him handling firearms and have a bad day. He was totally out of line. This is the type of guy that gives gun owners a bad name.

cm2624

After seeing the show, I will never buy anything from Target Sports. The employee definitely has anger issues. You would think that since the store is getting free publicity, what would be the harm in giving the guy a discount for the holsters?

CrimDoc

Bingo ...

The last two posts sum up my feelings perfectly:

1) Even if the Pawn guy was being a tool about asking for discounts, the range was getting thousands in free advertising from the show. Now they're losing thousands in potential sales from offended customers ... really stupid business decision.

2) The Range guy threw a full blown hissy fit, especially when he snatched what might have been a loaded gun from the Pawn guy (yikes!) I personally don't want to go to a range where armed employees seem to have anger issues.

kootsoup

I actually had a similar situation happen to me at Classic Arms in Lansing.. Asked the guy behind the counter if they move on prices and I thought he was going to go through the roof!! He literally told me that its "bad business" to ask such a question... while yelling at a potential customer with money in hand.. Crazy. I guess this is pretty normal there, if you read the reviews on Google they're almost all bad.

Bailenforcer

The Target Sports employee got pissed off over the Pawn dealer trying to discount things IE haggling. Watch it again ans as the guy asked about the Holster price the employee went off after explaining he doesn't give a discount on that item.

he asked for a deal on the holster the idiot then explains he gave them a deal on the guns and when he said it was an $80 dollar holster then was asked what are you mad about he went insane and said " When I fcking loose it I fcking swear to God blah blah blah"

Here it is, most businesses fail to grasp the 6000 year old concept of haggling over a deal. I used to make comments like I could give it to you free, but I won't be in business next week, and tell them it's still $80.00 I don't trow the holster down hard on the glass the cuss the customer out because hes asking for a better discount. I would fire that Moron is a hot second. I sent the episode to a number of people who shop there and I asked them to boycott Target Sports. There is no damned reason to act like such a jerk, that moron shouldn't even be employed as a garbage man. Frankly I met garbage men with far superior intellect and attitudes.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/hardcore...ore-pawn/the-family-that-shoots-together.html

I watched the show as well and didn't understand what this guys problem was. I think he was a hot head. I sure would not want to go in there and have some guy like him handling firearms and have a bad day. He was totally out of line. This is the type of guy that gives gun owners a bad name.

Bailenforcer

He wasn't being a tool as you call it he was haggling as they do in every country on this planet. The employee was being a jackass crybaby. He could have said something like I mentioned in another post here. He was way out of line. No excuse would matter after what he did, I would fire him 15 seconds after he did that and most likely fire him right on camera. How dare that elitist punk destroy a customer business relationship with such a tantrum.

The last two posts sum up my feelings perfectly:

1) Even if the Pawn guy was being a tool about asking for discounts, the range was getting thousands in free advertising from the show. Now they're losing thousands in potential sales from offended customers ... really stupid business decision.

2) The Range guy threw a full blown hissy fit, especially when he snatched what might have been a loaded gun from the Pawn guy (yikes!) I personally don't want to go to a range where armed employees seem to have anger issues.

Bailenforcer

Bingo give this man a cigar!

Exactly! He got about $10 to $20 Million dollars in FREE publicity. Have you see what it costs per second of air time on that channel? He could have gave it all away free and came out better. He is the tool and moron in that scene.

After seeing the show, I will never buy anything from Target Sports. The employee definitely has anger issues. You would think that since the store is getting free publicity, what would be the harm in giving the guy a discount for the holsters?

jfrenchudm

They have almost always been rude when I have gone in there. This is why I drive all the way up to Williams in Davison when I want to go to a range, and sometimes to buy firearms. I also like to purchase arms at Midwest, in RO. Never bought a thing except range time at Target.

kootsoup

Everyone should do a review of Target Sports on Google! This is vital information for future customers and this type of behavior should not be tolerated.. They deserve to lose business.

I was born and raised in Michigan and lived there for 31 years until I moved to Nevada. It bothers me to see this behavior, especially since I have experienced it personally.

eastmeyers

Was everyone their during the recording?

I only ask because it seems that everyone ASSUMES that this tape was NOT edited for entertainment purposes. You guys do realize its TV right? Because on TV they NEVER misconstrue things (abe) right?

I am not defending this guy, especially at the end when he grabbed the firearm, but come on this whole thing is fishy! Also you know it was somewhat staged because they passed how many different fire arm stores to goto that Target Gun Shop? They EVEN PASSED ANOTHER TARGET GUN SHOP (Royal Oak)! And Their were no customers! No cars in the parking lot! This is also a newer location, maybe they did this before it opened. :question:

Come on guys :rolleyes:

:banghead::banghead:

Bailenforcer

My problem is the tape was not edited, you can see him get red faced over the discount question. he started arguing before he blew up. Even when he threw the holster down on the counter you can see he was getting angry.

But I have had several people tell me back last year they are normally rude there, and these who told me are far from thin skinned. So I have to judge by the history of target sports. As far as a new location, I am not sure it's been a few years since I last came down state. It appears to be the new Orchard Lake store.

http://www.targetsportshooting.com/

Was everyone their during the recording?

I only ask because it seems that everyone ASSUMES that this tape was NOT edited for entertainment purposes. You guys do realize its TV right? Because on TV they NEVER misconstrue things (abe) right?

I am not defending this guy, especially at the end when he grabbed the firearm, but come on this whole thing is fishy! Also you know it was somewhat staged because they passed how many different fire arm stores to goto that Target Gun Shop? They EVEN PASSED ANOTHER TARGET GUN SHOP (Royal Oak)! And Their were no customers! No cars in the parking lot! This is also a newer location, maybe they did this before it opened. :question:

Come on guys :rolleyes:

:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

eastmeyers

My problem is the tape was not edited, you can see him get red faced over the discount question. he started arguing before he blew up. Even when he threw the holster down on the counter you can see he was getting angry.

But I have had several people tell me back last year they are normally rude there, and these who told me are far from thin skinned. So I have to judge by the history of target sports. As far as a new location, I am not sure it's been a few years since I last came down state. It appears to be the new Orchard Lake store.

http://www.targetsportshooting.com/

It is the new location, which is much farther from American Jewelry and Loan than the Royal Oak Location of Target. Their are also other fire arms stores/ranges that are even closer than Target. I smell a set up is all I am saying. As for Target being rude, some of their employees are. This is true everywhere unfortunately, customer services is hard to find now a days, especially here in the Detroit area.

Last edited: