• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intentional acts of defiance by Derby Police Department

Edward Peruta

After being contacted by an individual who has been denied the permit ordered by the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners on May 25, 2010, I have sent the following email.

To: Board of Firearms Permit Examiners Chairman Joseph Corradino and Secretary T. William Knapp:

It has been brought to my personal attention and confirmed, (by one or more individuals), that the Issuing Authority for 60 day Temporary State Permits to Carry Pistols and Revolvers in Derby Connecticut has on more than one occasion refused to comply with decisions of the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

It is my understanding that there may be three current refusals to issue a 60 day Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers as ordered by the board.

This situation is without question an intentional act of defiance on the part of the local issuing authority in Derby Connecticut.

To allow an any issuing authority, (in this case Derby Connecticut), to knowingly and intentionally defy decisions rendered by the board leaves the authority and purpose of The Board of Firearms Permit Examiners in question.

As a concerned citizen, I request that the board immediately seek any necessary Superior Court Writs of Mandamus to enforce compliance with their decisions as mandated by Section 29-32b (e) of the Connecticut General Statutes.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
American News and Information Services Inc.

“If any issuing authority neglects or refuses to comply with a decision of the board within ten days after notice of the board's decision has been given to such issuing authority, the board shall apply to the Superior Court for a writ of mandamus to enforce the board's decision.”

Last edited:

GoldCoaster

And for this reason alone, if we are to still be required to obtain permits to exercise a RIGHT, that the local issuing authorities need to be taken out of the equation. The ones like Derby who thumb their nose at the state need to either be made examples of or just made immaterial to the process.

Can't wait to see the results. Keep up the good work ED

Thanks

KIX

Like I said in my licensing thread.

Middletown's willful act of defiance lasted almost 8 and a half months.

Even when they took my paperwork, took almost 3 and a half months from the time I notified them that it was ready.

Not to mention, they also let my neighbors know I now have a gun by interviewing them.

Jonathan

Last edited:

Leverdude

“If any issuing authority neglects or refuses to comply with a decision of the board within ten days after notice of the board's decision has been given to such issuing authority, the board shall apply to the Superior Court for a writ of mandamus to enforce the board's decision.”

This needs to be changed to "Such issuing authority shall immediately face termination and possible charges for criminal abuse of power"

Courts are nice but drag on forever and people should not need a court decision to have their rights respected by paid civil servants.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Do you people in the Nutmeg State not have elected representatives? Why are you not keeping them informed of the abuses conducted by the local "law enforcement" authorities? You've got 36 senators and 151 representatives. A letter from one of them to the local "law enforcement" authorities couldn't hurt.

KIX

Indeed the "Nutmeg State".

However...... many of us live in communities where our elected officials have different beliefs than we do. We are, after all, a very liberal state.

My reps think gun control actually reduce crime, regardless of what the data PROVES.

Jonathan

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Doesn't matter if your elected representative is pro or anti, the so-called "law enforcement" authorities are violating said laws. It really has nothing to do with guns, but rather compliance with state law.

Write those letters. At least you'll be able to say to someone that you actually did something.

As I stated, it wouldn't hurt. True, it might not help, but you'll never know until you do it.

KIX

Doesn't matter if your elected representative is pro or anti, the so-called "law enforcement" authorities are violating said laws. It really has nothing to do with guns, but rather compliance with state law.

Write those letters. At least you'll be able to say to someone that you actually did something.

As I stated, it wouldn't hurt. True, it might not help, but you'll never know until you do it.

We do write our letters so we can back it up there..... but, when your rights don't mesh with their comprehension of what they think your rights are...... they don't exactly put you on the top of the list.

Took me well over three times the legal time frame, but I finally pulled through.

This year and a half wait for a review if you're denied is insane.

Jonathan