Thread: Threatened on Easter

Threatened on Easter

Hey y'all, just joined this forum a couple days ago, so this event took place a while ago.

On Easter of 2009 around 10:00pm after I got back from driving my grandmother home, we started receiving phone calls from a guy named Michael. Now my parents and I knew who Michael was, long story short, he was living with my sister who was a diehard alcoholic that we had to kick out of the house.

Anyway, my dad answers the phone, and Michael who was probably intoxicated begins yelling, swearing, and threatning to come over here and tare him apart "like a deer". He called and threatened to drive over here three times and a fourth time called randomly and said, "When the whip comes down, it comes down hard!" then hung up.

Well, folks, one thing Michael didn't know is that I had made the honorable purchase of a Century Arms WASR 7.62x39 semiautomatic rifle earlier that year, so I was ready.

Either way, my dad contacted the police, and the sheriff took over 20 minutes to get to our house because he had issues to deal with across the county. And he only stayed for about 10 minutes.

The good news is, Michael never showed up and was all talk, and I had stayed awake and on guard until 7:00am with my rifle to make sure of that.

But the lesson learned is that as awesome as the police are, they cannot be our 24/7 personal protection against those who wish us harm.

You should have sworn out a restraining order on him...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

LEO late

is there a dunkin donuts near you
    glad you did not have to resort to DGU but yes get a restraining order ASAP .. remember it is not worth the paper it is wrote on if he decides to attack your family...

If any of you haven't read this, I'd suggest it. It shows that police are not actually duty to protect you.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/ka...rotection.html

I would like to say that cops and great and they put their life on the line everyday. What they do is honorable and you should respect police. However they can't be everywhere and sometimes they do fail to protect you. This article clearly shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post
    is there a dunkin donuts near you
    glad you did not have to resort to DGU but yes get a restraining order ASAP .. remember it is not worth the paper it is wrote on if he decides to attack your family...
    Yes, there is a Dunkin Donuts two minutes away, and I see 2-3 squad cars in the parking lot every morning when I pass by for work. The rumors are true.

Restraining order is a great idea. It's been a while since the threats, but better safe than sorry.

I wish everyone in this country--actually, the world--would experience a frightening scenario like this though. It would have to wake them up and realize the need for firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Daniel91 View Post
    It would have to wake them up and realize the need for firearms.
    I bet most would just whine about how guns are too easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I bet most would just whine about how guns are too easy to get.
    That'd depend if Michael had one. Which if so, then you're absolutely right.